ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Grifith?

Not much of a vacation but I'm driving from State College to Florida next week. I've done NY <> FL a bunch of times but this time I'll be able to avoid 95 until I get near Charleston, so the first 2/3 of the drive should be more interesting than usual. Never been to Charlotte, but I'll be stopping there briefly, if anyone has any food recs.

Not much of a vacation but I'm driving from State College to Florida next week. I've done NY <> FL a bunch of times but this time I'll be able to avoid 95 until I get near Charleston, so the first 2/3 of the drive should be more interesting than usual. Never been to Charlotte, but I'll be stopping there briefly, if anyone has any food recs.
No recs for Charlotte, but give me a big yell when passing through SC. I'm off 95 north of Charleston. If you're going by I 77 gas up in Wytheville then wait until SC for the better prices. SW VA and northern NC have decent scenery, especially heading down the mountain after Fancy Gap, VA.

My sister is in Boulder Creek off of Big Basin Hwy, lots of fire damage near her place. They were out of their place close to a month because of the fires.
A friend from high school lived in Boulder, she lost her house in the fires. I just missed being on the strike team to help fight the fires....and now back to your regular scheduled programming....

If Shane does not come to PSU, I’m going to start pronouncing his name Sharnay, by analogy with the singer Sade. #doingmypart

Reactions: PSU Mike
It's no shock Cael doesn't like Cornell all that much and Gabe alluded to that in his interview when he talked about bridging the gap by doing the NLWC match vs DT. Guess both Deans have since seen the light and Max saw PSU as a great fit for his career. Luckily, Dake and DT's friendship goes way beyond what school they wrestled for and their careers are way better because of it.

I get it hurts when someone you thought would be staple of your team leaves but I didn't see any of our guys throw shade at Suriano (only fans) when he did. I remember Jason and Shak both dapped him up on his walkaway through the tunnel after he beat Fix and Suriano said something like "They're still my guys, they know nothing is personal"

Jake Brindley (he of the 11-13 record at Cornell) is typical of the Cornell peanut gallery. Mike Grey’s wife isn’t much better.

People that make those comments never seem to acknowledge that Zain earned his spot to represent Team USA in those tournaments.

If Zain "stinks" or (like another reply states under Pyles' tweet) isn't the best international wrestler at the weight, he shouldn't be very hard to beat out for the 65kg spot.

Reactions: Creek Side
People that make those comments never seem to acknowledge that Zain earned his spot to represent Team USA in those tournaments.

If Zain "stinks" or (like another reply states under Pyles' tweet) isn't the best international wrestler at the weight, he shouldn't be very hard to beat out for the 65kg spot.
Zain earned his right to represent the USA at the tournament twice. Once at Final X and once in the wrestleoff.

Plus, Jake ****ing Brindley!!! Who the **** are you?

There's something wrong with 99% of the people in the world's character then. People do (as they should) what is best for them as opportunities present themselves.
Yup.

“Loyalty”. Mrs. Grey uses that word. I do not think it means what she thinks it means. If it did mean what she thinks, Warren Buffet would still be delivering newspapers on his banana-seat bicycle, out of loyalty to the newspaper company. (And we’d still be buying newspapers because we are loyal customers.)

Yup.

“Loyalty”. Mrs. Grey uses that word. I do not think it means what she thinks it means. If it did mean what she thinks, Warren Buffet would still be delivering newspapers on his banana-seat bicycle, out of loyalty to the newspaper company. (And we’d still be buying newspapers because we are loyal customers.)
I'm sorry. Coaches' wife subtweeting a kid for doing what he feels is best for him is an awful look. Who is she? Pat Narduzzi?

Stanford doesn’t deserve Rob Koll. If the rumors are true, I have to wonder if there isn’t something else going on at Cornell we don’t yet know about (especially considering the Dean brothers’ rapid exodus). Koll has been there for 32 years and he’s built the program into a national power. I’m disappointed and stunned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Plus, Jake ****ing Brindley!!! Who the **** are you?
Part of the Cornell peanut gallery like you said. They don't shut up on twitter. Obviously all their guys went to bat for Yianni over Final X. Fine, I can live with that. But their guys who continue overly criticizing Zain are all their room guys (not going to name names) who nobody has ever even heard about.

I don't see Dake, Gabe/Max (when they were there), Nahshon or Vito tweeting or liking tweets about Yianni being the best and Zain sucking. No coincidence since those are the type of guys who probably understand you need to EARN it and obviously Yianni himself would agree.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Stanford doesn’t deserve Rob Koll. If the rumors are true, I have to wonder if there isn’t something else going on at Cornell we don’t yet know about up (especially considering the Dean brothers’ rapid exodus). Koll has been there for 32 years and he’s built the program into a national power. I’m disappointed and stunned.
I’m banking on this being a Koll gambit to extract more $$ from Cornell. It’s college coach contract renegotiation 101

Stanford doesn’t deserve Rob Koll. If the rumors are true, I have to wonder if there isn’t something else going on at Cornell we don’t yet know about up (especially considering the Dean brothers’ rapid exodus). Koll has been there for 32 years and he’s built the program into a national power. I’m disappointed and stunned.
Exactly where my mind is. Something feels off that ncaa finalist, a school all timer and your HC who is one of the best HCs out there is on their way out.

Something is weird.

Cant wait for the threads on tHR about fake pushing out koll

I’m banking on this being a Koll gambit to extract more $$ from Cornell. It’s college coach contract renegotiation 101
As a one off...sure.

Maybe the Dean's are loons...ok

But negotiations and the Dean's being loons....I guess...maybe.....could be

#itsbeer30eatitturk

… If the rumors are true, I have to wonder if there isn’t something else going on at Cornell we don’t yet know about (especially considering the Dean brothers’ rapid exodus) …
I’m not a smart man, but I know how to put two and two together. I think nobody likes Mike Grey’s wife. They are doing what they can to get away from her. 🤔🧐 #sherlock

Midwood Smokehouse

AF1QipM4ViVn6ySYsdiHe-jjYEQp6ln8UZHJoLlTxR7j=s1224-w720-h1224

Last edited:
Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT