ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Grifith?

Midwood Smokehouse

AF1QipM4ViVn6ySYsdiHe-jjYEQp6ln8UZHJoLlTxR7j=s1224-w720-h1224
Eat Midwood Drink Sweet Tea

Reactions: tikk10
Oh wow, I didn't know that existed. It reminds me of the Avenue of 444 Flags near Sharon.
Yeah, it's great. No more than about 10 minutes off I-95. If you visit, I'd allow a minimum of 2-3 hrs. If you have relatives that served in the 8th, they have a very large research library. This is not primarily a museum of aircraft.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I apologize as I'm sure you previously mentioned it but what high school here and what area out there. My son is in San Francisco now, was in Calabasas and Santa Monica before that and daughter was in Berkeley for a while.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
My father in law flew 53 missions in Europe with the 8th. We stopped at the museum and loved it. Wish we would have had a little more time to spend. We were able to give them some information about him that they didn't have.
Memorial Day just makes it a good remembrance of our family's American hero.
Remember them all!

Depends. When I went to Stanford a lot of professors and staff were leased properties by the university at incredibly low rates. Plus Palo Alto is a whole lot nicer than Ithaca.
Never been to Palo Alto, but Ithaca is a nice town IMO. In a pretty area on the south end of Lake Cayuga, with some character and cultural diversity for a town of its size. Maybe part of it is that I'm not a big-city type.

Reactions: DeadHead11
Cali - did you by any chance know Don Thomas who was the principal and wrestling coach at Sharon HS?
7brwnpsu - you gave me a like. Did you know him? He's my cousin on my mom's side of the family.

Last edited:
I apologize as I'm sure you previously mentioned it but what high school here and what area out there. My son is in San Francisco now, was in Calabasas and Santa Monica before that and daughter was in Berkeley for a while.

From your Harmony comment on the other thread, did u go to SV?

He was a very humble guy. It took a lot to get him to discuss his time in the war. In 1995 we went to see a B-17 at an air show and he met up with a number of others who flew them during the war. They did tell some stories of their experiences.

This. My wife's uncle served in Vietnam. At a family get together a couple years ago he told me his war stories. Two purple hearts and a silver star. Mid way into the the story, my wifeys younger uncle came over and said, I've never heard this before. Omg, I was completely honored that he opened up after 30 years and told me the sh#% he went through.

Last edited:
This. My wife's uncle served in Vietnam. At a family get together a couple years ago he told me his war stories. Two purple hearts and a silver medal. Mid way into the the story, my wifeys younger uncle came over and said, I've never heard this before. Omg, I was completely honored that he opened up after 30 years and told me the sh#% he went through.
My Dad is a 12 year Marine. He was still overseas in 1965 when I was born at the Carlisle army hospital. There is not one baby pic of me. It's almost like I didn't exist until age 5. To this day he has never discussed his time in the war. He will discuss the Corp but not the war. One time and only one time he discussed it was when my 12 year old nephew had to do a story on someone he admired or was a inspiration to him. My dad answered the questions the best he could without getting graphic of course and trying not to tear up as the interview was going on. Still cannot touch him when he is sleeping.

7brwnpsu - you gave me a like. Did you know him? He's my cousin on my mom's side of the family.
Unfortunately, I did not know him. I worked in Sharon often and my son wrestled at youth tournaments at Sharon High school. Sharon and that area had some good wrestlers.

The like was simply I liked your Western Pa post and the tone of your posts in the past.

Reactions: danoftw
From your Harmony comment on the other thread, did u go to SV?
No I attended North Hills. Moved to Harmony then Cranberry Twp for the last 40 years. My boys both in their 30s wrestled for SV. SV has been on fire for the last 5 years.

I have to know you then being from SV. Aside from Seneca coaches, I would work with Ray Brinzer, Jake Herbert, Tom Tomeo and Matt Hill to try to improve their skills to their best plus the Waller, Abe and Quest clubs. Great memories.

I assume you wrestled for Tom Barron youth and Ken for High school.

My boys and I are soon going to Glacier National Park to hike. I thank El for his post from a while ago and you had a great response as to what to see. These off season posts can be helpful.

Have a good extended weekend.

No I attended North Hills. Moved to Harmony then Cranberry Twp for the last 40 years. My boys both in their 30s wrestled for SV. SV has been on fire for the last 5 years.

I have to know you then being from SV. Aside from Seneca coaches, I would work with Ray Brinzer, Jake Herbert, Tom Tomeo and Matt Hill to try to improve their skills to their best plus the Waller, Abe and Quest clubs. Great memories.

My boys and I are soon going to Glacier National Park to hike. I thank El for his post from a while ago and you had a great response as to what to see. These off season posts can be helpful.

Tom Tomeo and I went to school together in Grove City, PA. Good friend and comes from a great family

You're a little older than me mentioning Tom Barron. I didn't do wrestling for my winter sport in high school, I did this:
cc7bbfb73fc790c07b83f6a4792a65e7.jpg

And even though this picture says SV, when I was on the rifle team, it was in the basement of the ROTC room. This must be a picture of the new school. And, wth? Scopes? All we had was standard issue military peep sights. (And those weren't air rifles.)

Last edited:
Tom Tomeo and I went to school together in Grove City, PA. Good friend and comes from a great family
Yes, his parents are great people and sister Erin is making her mark as a top women's coach.

Tom became my son's high school coach eventually. He could be intense in a good way as in letting your opponent know you are there to scrap and win. I think he was one of the few guys to win States as a AA and AAA classification along with Crawford if memory serves me.

Yes, his parents are great people and sister Erin is making her mark as a top women's coach.

Tom became my son's high school coach eventually. He could be intense in a good way as in letting your opponent know you are there to scrap and win. I think he was one of the few guys to win States as a AA and AAA classification along with Crawford if memory serves me.
Both, plus at least Jimmy Gulibon and Luke Karam.

You're a little older than me mentioning Tom Barron. I didn't do wrestling for my winter sport in high school, I did this:
cc7bbfb73fc790c07b83f6a4792a65e7.jpg

And even though this picture says SV, when I was on the rifle team, it was in the basement of the ROTC room. This must be a picture of the new school. And, wth? Scopes? All we had was standard issue military peep sights. (And those weren't air rifles.)
Pretty cool. My rule as a non wrestler is you don't mess with wrestlers and definitely not with rifle team members. :rolleyes:. Attending suburban North Hills HS in the late 1970s and not being a hunter I thought it was weird for a high school to have a rifle team. We just didn't have then down there. Five years later, I moved up here and realized how rural this district is and how culturally rifles were used.

I've had so many people tell me they hunted on the property where the Walmart sits on RT. 19. Not any more with the growth. One commercial parcel by Walmart, a 1/4 acre went for $1 million years ago and Cranberry Twp. now has 30,000 people.

If you ever come back look me up. My brother is very active in his gun club and would enjoy company. One if his favorite activities there is teaching gun safety to kids.

Anyhow it is good to know you more and I enjoy your posts.

Pretty cool. My rule as a non wrestler is you don't mess with wrestlers and definitely not with rifle team members. :rolleyes:. Attending suburban North Hills HS in the late 1970s and not being a hunter I thought it was weird for a high school to have a rifle team. We just didn't have then down there. Five years later, I moved up here and realized how rural this district is and how culturally rifles were used.

I've had so many people tell me they hunted on the property where the Walmart sits on RT. 19. Not any more with the growth. One commercial parcel by Walmart, a 1/4 acre went for $1 million years ago and Cranberry Twp. now has 30,000 people.

If you ever come back look me up. My brother is very active in his gun club and would enjoy company. One if his favorite activities there is teaching gun safety to kids.

Anyhow it is good to know you more and I enjoy your posts.

Oh, I haunted that Walmart in Cranberry quite a bit. One night the store manager told me the bathroom needed cleaning. Whatever, I thought I wasnt scared of bathrooms. Omg, it was actually the women's bathroom and someone had an Excorsist event out of her ass. I've never seen so much sh#% sprayed everywhere. And thats when I quit Walmart

Oh, I haunted that Walmart in Cranberry quite a bit. One night the store manager told me the bathroom needed cleaning. Whatever, I thought I wasnt scared of bathrooms. Omg, it was actually the women's bathroom and someone had an Excorsist event out of her ass. I've never seen so much sh#% sprayed everywhere. And thats when I quit Walmart
giphy.gif

Palo Alto means San Francisco Bay Area, which is a fantastic area to live in. So the real contest is Ithaca vs Bay Area.
Rutgers is about the same distance from NYC as Stanford is from San Fran. So using this logic, would Rutgers be among the perennial top 10 places to live? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT