ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Neck and neck. Whose next? A chance for Penn State to pull ahead at 197 and 285:

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
(Rd of 12)
Team Standings
Michigan
59.5​
224.5​
7​
5​
2​
1​
1​
Penn State
59​
189​
6​
4​
3​
1​

I like it when Iowa is a threat. As a team, because of Tnt, DeSanto and others they are easy to hate. But, not as much fun when they sh*t the bed like this. No joy in kicking anyone when they are down. Forget 2nd, they are in a fight for 3-5. If Warnerov goes down here .... there will be a meltdown

Reactions: backdrft76
I know the standings are correct, but we should NOT be behind MICH by 0.5pts right now.

Sorry lunch break

Carter:
I don't know if Labs could have done less. Carter persistent on his feet and rode tough. Hidlay knocks off Kem to see Carter in the semis and that is a match that will be fun to watch.

Brooks:
Picks up a good win with bonus. Romero is a good wrestler and had absolutely nothing for Brooks. Aaron controlled the entire match in all positions. A rematch of last years final in the semis with Aaron getting the Trent Hidlay. Pretty cool for the Hidlay brothers to both be in the semis at back to back weights.

I like it when Iowa is a threat. As a team, because of Tnt, DeSanto and others they are easy to hate. But, not as much fun when they sh*t the bed like this. No joy in kicking anyone when they are down. Forget 2nd, they are in a fight for 3-5. If Warnerov goes down here .... there will be a meltdown
I’m fine with it. Just want Michigan to go away too.

Plenty of joy kicking Iowa when they are down.

Agree dont kick the kids or the coaches. They gave it their all and deserve admiration.

Kick tHR they can take it and do deserve it

197 Quarterfinal
1 M Dean vs 8 L Deprez

Deprez gets in on a single and finishes. Immediate escape. 2-1 Deprez. Deprez with thigh and calf wraps. Deprez shoots again but Dean sprawls and gets a stalemate. Deprez looks like the real deal early. In again on a Dean leg. Dean really scrambling to avoid TD. Stalemate. 3 deep shots by Deprez. None for Dean. 2-1 Deprez after one.

Dean chooses bottom. Deprez gets a boot in. Dean tries to turn in but has to bail to not give up back points. Dean getting ridden hard. Flattened out. Boot. Dean somehow gets to his feet and out. 2-2. RT is 1:05. Dean finally in on a good shot near OOB. Can’t get the call. OOB. No TD. 2-2 after 2. 1:05 RT for Deprez.

Deprez chooses neutral. Dean getting more aggressive. Pushing on Deprez who goes down to mat. Dean works hard to get TD and can’t get the call from the ref. Deprez just trying for stalemate and he eventually gets it. Cael throws the brick. Deprez had Dean’s leg underneath the whole time. Wasn’t trying for anything but a stalemate. I don’t expect this to be overturned but what do I know. 45 secs to go as we await the call after review. Like I said - what do I know - they award a TD. 4-2 Dean. 1:05 to go. Dean riding. RT won’t be a factor. Deprez escapes. OOB 21 secs to go. Stall on Dean and the heart attack kid wins another nail biter! 4-3 Dean is on to the semifinals!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Springs and Maddog
Dean's tournament could very well go down as the most controversial tournament in history. Arguable back points and an arguable takedown in back to back matches. But, he advances. Gets a red hot Gavin Hoffman tonight in the semis.

Reactions: fronk71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT