ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Great ending to this session. Michigan and Iowa both lose at 285. Dean wins. Kerk wins. Penn State in the lead with 6 guys in the semis and Berge still alive in consolations.

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
(Rd of 12)
Team Standings
Penn State
73​
185​
6​
6​
3​
1​
Michigan
59.5​
220​
7​
5​
2​
1​
2​
Arizona State
50.5​
176.5​
5​
4​
2​
1​
1​
Iowa
37.5​
214​
6​
2​
4​
2​
4​
North Carolina State
37​
221​
4​
2​
6​
3​
2​

Me looking for Iowa right now
giphy.gif

Not sure I would pin Marinelli on the staff. They can only prepare him so much, he needs to go out and actually wrestle and it’s clear he’s mentally not up for the moment

You know that David Taylor quote about winning by big margins? Marinelli always would get one or two takedowns against good competition...
Surprisingly HR isn't completely melting down after the Kem loss. I guess Bull crapping the bed got them warm to the idea...

141 helped.

these 3 announcers on right now look funny left to right.

rock is small I get it. Jaden is 200lbs the other dude must be a monster

Vaguely remember being laughed off the board (by some anyway) for predicting this exact Iowa implosion at Nationals. I’ll admit though, I didn’t think it would be this bad. Close… but not like this.
Not even you could predict this ......lololo...hahaha....lololol..hahahah....lolol

Reactions: danoftw
Parris made mistakes he made his freshman year. He was the aggressor, but took shots from too far out and from straight on. If you are going to shoot low on the legs of a guy as big as Shultz, you have to go from the side (what Kerk did against Parris) or finish quickly. Twice he got in on decent shots, but flattened out unable to finish. Both turned into Schultz takedowns.

If on wednesday I told you that Warner would be the only Iowa finalist....you would have thought i was drunk or high.

They may not have any.

SLee may want to start looking for a parking spot closure to Carver next week
Glad that Tom got his extension before NATIONALS.

Reactions: Zukovski
should gable win

Kerk drops to the winner of Cass and Parris.....Will be rooting big for Iowa here, since the fat lady is warming up the bus back to IC
Kerk has beaten Parris a couple times now. And failed to do so against Cass. Parris has beaten Cass. I think this plays well for Kerk. Even if temporarily bad for the team score.

Of course Kerk could just go beat Gable and end this talk...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT