ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

While bonus points are obviously nice, at this point it is mostly survive and advance. So Max gets what might be a favorable review. Is that any different than whats his face from MeatChicken have his whole bracket break wide open for him? Grit, breaks, luck, will, whatever. Survive and advance! Congrats Max!

Reactions: goldenanimal
They’re not listing any consi round 3 matches on track. I guess that means there aren’t.

Not denying he has gutted out wins all year. just saying he's had some calls go his way in this tournament. more so last night than today. i'm hoping he's a champ tomorrow night just like the rest of you.

285 Quarterfinal
4 G Kerkvliet vs 12 C Lance

Nothing thru a minute. Then Kerk takes first shot. Lance goes OOB. Prob no stall call but I wouldn’t know if there was. Now there is a stall warning on Lance after they go OOB again. 1 min to go. Kerk shoots again, gets a single up in the air and finishes. 2-0 Kerk. That’s how the 1st period ends. 40 secs RT.

Kerk chooses bottom. Rolls reverses. 4-0 now. OOB. 1:43 to go. RT 0:37. Caution on Lance. Kerk goes to work on top. Would love to see a bonus point here. Blood time for Lance. 1:13 to go. 1:07 RT. Kerk riding gets a mat return but nothing close to a turn, More blood time with 0:13 to go, 2:06 RT. 4-0 after two. 2:19 RT.

Lance chooses bottom. Kerk riding. Flattens him
Out. Needs a 4 pt turn for the major. Riding time secured. 1 min to go. Lance escapes with 29 secs to go. Kerk shoots and gets TD. Ends 7-1. On to the semifinals!

Last edited:
Kerk up 2-0 end of 1st with stall warning on Nebby

Reversal Kerk! Now 4-0 early 2nd

Uhm...Mason literally did what Kerk did against Cass. He shot into Schultz scoring when no chance Shultz was going to initiate a scoring shot... stupid..but I'll take it!

ADVERTISEMENT