ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Worlds

Great day today for Team USA. Taylor, what a monster. Every match he's been down to Yaz by pushouts. This one only the 1 point bs passivity. Great game planning by Taylor and coaches.
I was powerwashing and didn't get to see Zains match live. Took a break went to my phone and saw the match length was 5 minutes. I was like Yes!! Zain teched him.
Then I was crushed.
He will be back, he's tasted it now!! This will only make him better!

Last edited:
Both Yianni and Seth Gross won their openers, Yianni a 4-0 over Tevanyan (ARM) who'd ended Yianni's last Worlds, and Gross a 13-2 tech over Andrii Dzhelep (Ukraine).

I missed the Gross match because it happened during Yianni's match. Yianni won with two shot clock points and a late takedown, but he was bailed out by a potentially dangerous call with under :30 remaining, the whistle blowing just as he was getting torqued over from a front headlock position.

Both Yianni and Seth Gross won their openers, Yianni a 4-0 over Tevanyan (ARM) who'd ended Yianni's last Worlds, and Gross a 13-2 tech over Andrii Dzhelep (Ukraine).

I missed the Gross match because it happened during Yianni's match. Yianni won with two shot clock points and a late takedown, but he was bailed out by a potentially dangerous call with under :30 remaining, the whistle blowing just as he was getting torqued over from a front headlock position.
Not potentially dangerous, but illegal. Opponent had hands clenched around his throat under his chin.

FoANKlD.png

Greetings all, that annoying thing called work didn't allow me to watch the matches over the past two days so I really appreciate the coverage by all the posters in this thread.

What can you say about David Taylor, cements his place as the best overall Nittany Lion of all time. Zain breaks through with Silver and JB passing Smith, what an accomplishment. Hopefully the full videos will be made available soon.

USA has been dominating at all the levels this year. Is it we are really good, Russia not being there or alittle of both. I kind of wish Russia was there because I feel these teams from Cadets-Seniors are very good.

Kyle has a rematch vs Iran’s Mohammadian next, who pinned him at Mateo Pellicone a few years back. That match could be the clincher for team USA. It’s already pretty close.

Reactions: danoftw
Higuchi has looked unstoppable this tourney, but Seth is a very unique feel for these guys, and I think he does fare better the first time he wrestles someone.

Let’s have a fun poll, if David Taylor didn’t transfer from Iowa State what would he be doing right now? I say medical sales.

As a freshman at Nebraska, 7x World and Olympic Champion Jordan Burroughs went 16-13. He DNP at nationals after bowing out at 1-2.

I offer this to every fan that gets disappointed when a star recruit doesn’t make the NCAA final their freshman year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT