ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Worlds

I get back from my first trip to PSU in 3 years with my entire family and get to watch this all week. Not so bad.

Wondering who this Kyler Snyder guy is wrestling at 97 kg.
It is a bummer we won't get the chance to see Kyle v. Sadulaev this tournament, but what a great opportunity for Kyle to add another World title to his illustrious career. Kyle has become one of my favorite wrestlers. He is such a respectful, kind and genuine person that I can't help but root for him. And the best news of all is he said recently that he plans on wrestling for as long as his body allows, and that he currently feels the best physically of his career. We American wrestling fans are blessed to have Kyle representing Team U.S.A. Here's to many more years of Kyle tearing it up on the mat!

This thread on HR is a must read. Willie and Grip going at it after Grip made a comment about Worlds being watered down without Russia / half the best missing from Worlds.

Best post was from Willie:

“Iowa won team title in half NCAA year imo.”
A question to ponder, are worlds any more watered down without Russia being there compared to if the UWW actually enforced anti-doping rules? In reality Russia's absence might be overblown a bit.

This thread on HR is a must read. Willie and Grip going at it after Grip made a comment about Worlds being watered down without Russia / half the best missing from Worlds.

Best post was from Willie:

“Iowa won team title in half NCAA year imo.”
so this grip person thinks its ok for russian drug users to compete??LOL

I’d rather discuss whether Iowa might have not won the 2021 title had all schools/wrestlers been there. :)
I'd rather stick a fork in my eye.

GoldenAdoredJenny-max-1mb.gif

A question to ponder, are worlds any more watered down without Russia being there compared to if the UWW actually enforced anti-doping rules? In reality Russia's absence might be overblown a bit.
Yes they are watered down. Russia is the greatest freestyle wrestling team in the world. If you don't believe other athletes
Dope I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: mcpat
Yes they are watered down. Russia is the greatest freestyle wrestling team in the world. If you don't believe other athletes
Dope I don't know what to tell you.
The argument that Russia's blatant doping is irrelevant since some non Russians also break no doping rules is an interesting take. But hey, really I did not mean to offend you and I appreciate your ability to teach the obvious.

She did get decked at Worlds last year.

She did, and took third. Last month Helen lost two matches at the Zouhaier Sghaier tournament. That being said, here is a portion of an article from UWW's site explaining the seeding process:

CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland (August 23) – With only 17 days left until the 2022 World Championships (September 10-18), United World Wrestling has released the tentative top eight women's wrestling seeds. The point-based seeds were determined by a wrestler's participation and placement at the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games, 2021 World Championships, 2022 Continental Championships, 2022 Ranking Series events, and selected Regional Games.

https://uww.org/article/womens-wrestling-seeds-announced-2022-world-championships

ADVERTISEMENT