ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Wisconsin 2020 Dual Thread

What do you all think?'
Iowa or PSU to win the team title this year?
PSU?
IOWA?
It's not going to be anything otherwise.

Place your bets. Iowa will wins this. Both great teams. Actually.....PSU might finish third. peace out.

I take back my apology. You are the douchebag I thought you were.

Reactions: diggerpup
197: #16 Shakur Rasheed vs. Taylor Watkins

Need Shak to get to his offense

Per 1
Shak in early on a single, elevates, gets behind for the TD, 2-0. Hooks a leg and works a crossface. Watkins not doing a thing on bottom. Shake gets a 2-on-1 title and gets 1 swipe, then another 1 swipe, but no points. Shake works a tilt an gets 1 swipe, but no points. Stall warning on Watkins. On the edge. End. RT @ 2:48 for Shak

Per 2
Shake takes bottom. Up and out in 3 sec, 3-0. Watkins reaches for an ankle, nothing. Shak reaches for a low single, nothing. Reaches again, nothing. 30 sec left. End. RT @ 2:44 for Shak

Per 3
Watkins takes neutral. RT is locked for Shak. Shake in on a single, Watkins with a whizzer, and a stalemate with 1:05 left. Watkins in on a single, goes to a double, Rasheed locks through the crotch, and Shak works behind and gets the TD, 5-0. With RT, it's a 6-0 DEC for Rasheed

23-10, PSU

Hopefully that will be a confidence boost for Shak. I really dont see him scoring many point come B1G and NCAA. hrs just not big enough to contend.

I have to leave before Ironed gets to the post-match show. Hopefully, one or more of you can summarize the interview, and stats.

Also, a reminder that I am out for the PBP on Sunday's dual

Good dual for PSU. Would like to have seen RBY victorious because he outwrestled Gross. We got what we expected from Lee, Cenzo and Hall. Good effort by Verkleeren and Brooks. Shak showing some improvement. Would have liked to see a bit more from Meredith and Pipher, but hey, you're going to have these things. Overall it was a strong showing. Let's go get some Gophers.

What do you all think?'
Iowa or PSU to win the team title this year?
PSU?
IOWA?
It's not going to be anything otherwise.

Place your bets. Iowa will wins this. Both great teams. Actually.....PSU might finish third. peace out.

tenor.gif

Cenzo deserved the OW. I think many/most of us predicted a major for Lee (or at least knew it was possible, probably should have been a tech fall), but I don't think anyone had a good feel for how troublesome Wick might be for Cenzo. Really a good effort; he's a man on a mission (not that Nick Lee isn't also a man on a mission. In my mind, he's quite clearly the guy to beat).

Reactions: danoftw
Pull the shirt. Uphill battle but it’s too close not too. To think we might still be there without Cassar and Berge is crazy.

Cenzo deserved the OW. I think many/most of us predicted a major for Lee (or at least knew it was possible, probably should have been a tech fall), but I don't think anyone had a good feel for how troublesome Wick might be for Cenzo. Really a good effort; he's a man on a mission (not that Nick Lee isn't also a man on a mission. In my mind, he's quite clearly the guy to beat).
Yeah, but there are majors and then there’s what Lee did to Moran.

Edit: Lee gets the Ernie Lucas Award.

Last edited:
Best I’ve felt coming out of a dual in awhile.

Mark, Cenzo, Lee make the finals.

RBY got a shot, and AB a longer shot.

Wish I felt confident about anything from the other guys, but a good March could make things interesting...

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT