ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - MSU Game Thread - post comments as replies

You must not have seen the MSU game in the early 2000s. I think the score was about the same and the lack of tackling was atrocious.
The 1997 MSU game was ugly. The team kind of fell apart in tOSU 63 - 14 loss a couple of years ago.

Yikes! This got out of control in a hurry.
MSU scored on their first possession, then PSU completely abandoned the running game and started heaving it long on 1st down. Our tied and depleted defense was right back on the field. Not surprised it got out of hand.

I have never seen a Penn State team completely fall apart in this fashion in any game, ever! This could be the beginning of the end for the CJF era. I think I would rather have Jay coaching at this point.
Never has a PSU team faced as much as adversity as over the past few years. I love how people just wish away the effects of sanctions and pretend they didn't exist.

You must not have seen the MSU game in the late 90s. I think the score was about the same and the lack of tackling was atrocious.
I saw that game. This game seems worse to me, although some of the same problems still exist. That is no apparent halftime adjustments, etc.

We got it!!! Let's go Trace. Why is BRk,ey still in the game.

It's Time for Ira L to stop this nonsense......

I have never seen a Penn State team completely fall apart in this fashion in any game, ever! This could be the beginning of the end for the CJF era. I think I would rather have Jay coaching at this point.

Well. there is always this. Not sure how you allow 106.

Lehigh 106, Penn State 0 (Nov. 11, 1889) – This was the most lopsided loss in Penn State history. It came on the road, just three seasons and eight games after the sport was introduced on campus. NEXT: Penn State rebounded to beat Bucknell, 12-0, at home.

It's going to be a long road back. It will be the next staff that gets things back to normal. Maybe 8-12 years from now.

Reactions: nits74

Lehigh 106, Penn State 0 (Nov. 11, 1889) – This was the most lopsided loss in Penn State history. It came on the road, just three seasons and eight games after the sport was introduced on campus. NEXT: Penn State rebounded to beat Bucknell, 12-0, at home.
More recently, tOSU pasted PSU 63 - 14 - 10/26/13.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Never has a PSU team faced as much as adversity as over the past few years. I love how people just wish away the effects of sanctions and pretend they didn't exist.

Never said that the sanctions have not affected the team. I did not expect Penn State to win this game. Just the complete falling apart at the seams the last 20 or 25 minutes of the game was quite disappointing. Doing an obvious onside kick with a quarter left just does not set up your players for any chance of success or inspire confidence and has a great potential to be demoralizing to the youngsters on this team if not recovered, which it was not.

Never said that the sanctions have not affected the team. I did not expect Penn State to win this game. Just the complete falling apart at the seams the last 20 or 25 minutes of the game was quite disappointing. Doing an obvious onside kick with a quarter left just does not set up your players for any chance of success or inspire confidence and has a great potential to be demoralizing to the youngsters on this team if not recovered, which it was not.
The onside kick was a poor coaching decision. Too much time left to risk giving up that short field.

Multiple 4th and goal on the one and sending in the FG team doesn't inspire much confidence either.

O'Brien was here for 2 years and handled things pretty well. What we got after is a glorified cheerleader who doesn't know how to call or manage a game and I feel lost most of this team today.

Reactions: Peetz Pool Boy
O'Brien was here for 2 years and handled things pretty well. What we got after is a glorified cheerleader who doesn't know how to call or manage a game and I feel lost most of this team today.

Yeah and O'Brien knew what was coming with how he had to recruit the two years he was here and got out of Dodge while the getting was good. I'm not overjoyed with quite a few things I see with the coaching, but to deny the major obstacles with talent levels is just disengenuous.

What you saw was a young team that couldn't handle the team most likely playing in the final four. Especially without two starting defensive ends. The team has little depth and it shows. This shouldn't come as a surprise. Just like last week, we were physically dominated.

Reactions: psualt
O
Obrien did squat if you really knew what you were talking about and left when it was going to get tough.

It was just a matter of time until the " sanctions " excuse came out. It always does in a loss. JF must of really pissed of some MSU coaches with his recruiting BS. The ultimate slap in the face is to run up the score by letting some fat OL men bulldoze into the end zone. When will you Nitters stop with the " sanctions "? 2025?

It was just a matter of time until the " sanctions " excuse came out. It always does in a loss. JF must of really pissed of some MSU coaches with his recruiting BS. The ultimate slap in the face is to run up the score by letting some fat OL men bulldoze into the end zone. When will you Nitters stop with the " sanctions "? 2025?
2 years.

Reactions: mn78psu83
It is a fact not an excuse. Same applies in a win or a loss.

I feel so sorry for the players, how anyone can say that they are not trying is pathetic! They are just not a good team this year. We gave so much going against us what do you expect
If anything, I saw a bunch of players trying too hard and making mistakes. I'm sure others will disagree.

PSU suffered some pretty bad losses under O'Brien and the board melted down as bad, if not worse, after the losses to Ohio (Bobcats dominated the 2nd half), tOSU (63-14) and Indiana (44-24), for example. Getting dominated by Indiana after a bye week was particularly difficult for some of the board members. It was ugly.

I think touchdowns were 4 points then

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT