ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - MSU Game Thread - post comments as replies

Wow, very disappointing to see adults most of which have probably never played a down of football in their lives playing arm-chair quarterback. Yes it wasn't pretty but we are not a great team this year and we were not suppose to be! We still beat the media and people saying we would only win 2 games a season during the sanctions. Speaking of quarterbacks, disappointed to see Todd Blackledge throw Franklin under the bus! Lots of people to throw under the bus NONE of which were on the field today at Michigan State.

I would have to say Todd Blackledge might know more about Penn State football then you and is ENTITLED to express his professional opinion !

Coaches are pid to prepare kids to play and make in game adjustments. This crew is lost with respect to both points

I saw that game. This game seems worse to me, although some of the same problems still exist. That is no apparent halftime adjustments, etc.
If this game is worse to you then your not remembering that game. We were out of it at halftime. I remember leaving the house to go to a basketball game early

If this game is worse to you then your not remembering that game. We were out of it at halftime. I remember leaving the house to go to a basketball game early
The 97 game, with a pretty good PSU team, giving up 200 yards to both Irvin and Renaud was tough to watch. MSU rushed for 452 yards that game. A beating. The tackling was horrific.

Ok

PSU ....Oklahoma first game of was a total implosion....Joe was HC...both program and coaching staff survived. You guys are just loud unknowdgeable fools.

The first PSU-Oklahoma game was the 1972 Sugar Bowl in New Orelans. I was there. We lost 14-0 (OU later forfeited the game for ineligible players) but the Lions certainly did not "implode." OU scored midway through the 2nd quarter and didn't score again until late in 4th quarter.

Meanwhile, Penn State had to play offense w/o 1,000-yard rusher John Cappelletti who missed the whole game with a fever. His back-up Walt Addie was injured after about 5-6 rushes, leaving the running game to blocking FB Bob Nagle. Poor John Hufnagel played valiantly against the Sooner defense but he was the only offense we had that night. The OU defense was one of the best of all time and repeated shut the Lions down.

The PSU defense did a solid job of defending the OU Wishbone offense, forcing the Sooners to resort to beating them with the pass ... Which the Sooners did just as in 1986 Orange Bowl.

That team in no way imploded.

Irrespective of whether he's right or not, I would expect better from him.

Totally agree, I posted on another thread that I found Todd's comments to be sophomoric and beneath him. Regardless of whether or not you like the direction of the program, as a professional commentator to say that on twitter, it is just terribly unprofessional in my mind. Blackledge should be at a point with with school where if he has a real problem with the direction of the program he should be able to make a few phone calls and talk it out with someone of importance. I think this says more about Todd than Franklin honestly. Not helpful

ADVERTISEMENT