ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Lehigh Match Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussion of the dual meet between PSU and Lehigh. If replying to another post, please use the Quote function.

I'm iffy for PBP. If I can fit it in, I'll try to provide it, but my schedule is dependent upon a few others, so we'll see.

When
7 pm EST

Where
@ Lehigh

TV
none

Video Streaming
Subscribers of BTN+ can access the video. The Patriot League Network will also be streaming the video, for free, at:

https://watchstadium.com/live/penn-state-at-lehigh/

Audio Streaming
Audio streaming of Byers's PBP is available, for free, at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=622&type=Live

The pre-match portion of the coverage starts at 6:40 pm EST

If I'm unable to do the PBP, I hope a few others will step forward and provide the info. As always, a reminder to include the score in PBP posts about individual matches, and to also include the Meet score from time to time.

I think I included all the pertinent details in this post.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Willie’s next tweet says Aaron Brooks weighed in tonight.

That seems interesting. I have never paid attention to weigh-ins though, how rare is it for a redshirt to weigh in. Normal thing or writing on the wall?

Let the “Shak back to 197” rumors begin.

I don't know if it will happen or not, but I think it makes as much sense as pulling Beard's shirt. Shak can clearly compete well at 197, maybe better than at 184, who knows. We'll see what happens, I'm excited whether Shak wrestles, Brooks, Beard, whatever.....

Cael on with Ironhead and it sounds like Meredith is going tonight! First start for him.

Willie’s next tweet says Aaron Brooks weighed in tonight.
Wow! Wouldn’t that be something if they pull his shirt and Shak goes 197. 184 is wide open after Zahid. I see AB having a Nolf/Nickal like career if he goes this year or next. I just can’t wait to see the kid. He’s going to be special

Hoping to get Berge on the mat this weekend!
[Ok, Tom is already listening and posting what I do before I do... So I'll wait]

Reactions: NittanyChris
That seems interesting. I have never paid attention to weigh-ins though, how rare is it for a redshirt to weigh in. Normal thing or writing on the wall?
Cael weighed in Rasheed at Arizona State with no intention of using him there.

It could well be simply about the process -- getting Brooks used to the routine for a road dual.

Per CS, might see something different at 184/197 tonight, but it's likely to be a match-time decision

Cael just said we might see something different tonight at 197.... Sounds like Shak....so 184????

Raises the question which is stronger

Shak 184, Beard 197 or
Brooks 184, Shak 197

I still would like another month of healing for Shak either way

Per Byers, Teske a little dinged up, and they don't want to risk things at this point in the season

I think all of you guys must be trying to access the PLN video stream, as I went from a nice video to a frozen video. smh

Reactions: csiebott
When was the last time PSU wrestled Lehigh and both teams were at or below .500???

Ok, so what's the speculation? Shak ascending to 197 to replace Conel or reinjured and filling the gap at 184?

since we always complain when it doesn't work, streaming audio w Byers and the PLN video are both working smoothly...

Whoa. So maybe the idea is send Shak to 197 when he eventually returns.

Reactions: VRE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT