ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Lehigh Match Thread

Cassar and Steveson have single-handedly (duo-handedly?) transformed the HWT division this season. What looked like an inevitable snooze fest of dancing bears now looks, dare I say, exciting. Buckle up folks, the Raptor is on the prowl!
The Raptor has become a T-Rex, and he’s hungry.

Reactions: diggerpup
lol. Zero. I’m not sure he even knows what a message board is. That being the case, I put work in for the both of us. Lol
johnstown's brother was not pleased when he found out what JTS was up to:

GodfatherPartII_190Pyxurz.jpg

BTW, did anyone notice that Penn spanked Maryland today 26-6? Geez, I can't fathom what the B1G slate is going to look like for them.

Two before today, 1993 and 2008.

Here's 2008:
125 Mark McKnight Berger WMD 14-5
133 Mike Eagen Vinh W 4-3
141 Jake Strayer Santo W 8-6
149 Bubba Jenkins Chinn W 5-4
157 Dan Vallimont Nakasone W 11-4
165 Dave Rella Galante WOT 10-5
174 Dave Erwin Caruso, A. WOT 5-3
184 Phil Bomberger Craig, D. W 9-6
197 Phil Davis Iacocca WTF 19-2
285 John Laboranti Allen W 12-7

Technically, 12/7/2007. I was at this one also. Notable for defeating famous people's progeny (Caruso and Iacocca). Three for me, now. This one was at Stabler Arena.

Nolf seems to really want to savor his time on the mat. I think he may have given that TRFR he wrestled the impression that he was in that match more than he actually was. Seemed like he could've gotten that pin earlier if he wanted it.

Now that I've had a chance to watch the dual, I think you're dead on with this observation, Tikk. Just listening to Byers PBP, one might think the Lehigh kid was making some inroads against Nolf. But the video makes clear that it was textbook Nolf -- patiently deliberating on when and how to end the match. I swear Jason knows what his opponent is going to do before his opponent does.

I just saw on ESPN the top plays for the day for Sunday. Number nine was RBY's flip to a takedown.
Borrowed:

Penn state well represented on SportsCenter this morning in the Sunday Top 10

#9 Roman Bravo-Young’s (PSU wrestling) one-footed flipping reverse for a take down

#6 Shep Garner full court G-League heave at the end of a quarter

#1 Allen Robinson’s Helmet catch against the Gmen

Borrowed:

Penn state well represented on SportsCenter this morning in the Sunday Top 10

#9 Roman Bravo-Young’s (PSU wrestling) one-footed flipping reverse for a take down

#6 Shep Garner full court G-League heave at the end of a quarter

#1 Allen Robinson’s Helmet catch against the Gmen

Is this online somewhere?

I just got the weekend update from Lehigh sports. Wrestling not even mentioned in the recap. It is probably their flagship athletic program traditionally. Sad. But I still feel badly for Lehigh and hope they can get their act together with the program. I much prefer a competitive in-state rival.

Now that I've had a chance to watch the dual, I think you're dead on with this observation, Tikk. Just listening to Byers PBP, one might think the Lehigh kid was making some inroads against Nolf. But the video makes clear that it was textbook Nolf -- patiently deliberating on when and how to end the match. I swear Jason knows what his opponent is going to do before his opponent does.

i think it is Nolf making sure he doesn't hurt the knee. Being mindful not to get into a bad spot like he did last year at Rutgers. Just wrestling smart as he knows he doesn't have to get into an awkward position, he can just wait it out and win a few seconds later.

i think it is Nolf making sure he doesn't hurt the knee. Being mindful not to get into a bad spot like he did last year at Rutgers. Just wrestling smart as he knows he doesn't have to get into an awkward position, he can just wait it out and win a few seconds later.

Looked to me more like Nolf playing with his food again. There were a number of times when he could have gotten the TD but didn't as he was looking for the fall. JMHO.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
She’s looking a little South of the Equator so to speak.

Naughty piece o’crumpet that lassie

She was looking at his left hand. She held out her hand and was hoping for a quick handshake with him. That's all she'll do on the first date.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT