ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Pirates 2021 Season Thread

Cherington is screwing up his plan to tank and get high draft picks. That is what he was brought in to do. This team is starting to perform like Huntington's last few teams that got him fired.

Reactions: TheGLOV
RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER! The Pittsburgh Pirates win their third series in a row as they beat the Minnesota Twins 6-2. Will Crowe goes four strong innings allowing a run and Bryan Reynolds drives in two runs in the win
Buccos Cove Player of the Game: Bryan Reynolds (2-4, 2 2B 2 RBI)
Buccos beat Royals 2-1, now above 500 in second place, 1.5 games out!!!

Rockin' like a hurricane they are!!
Talk about Blue Smoke and Mirrors!! Buccos parlay a hit and run with a blooper to plate the go ahead run, before turning it over to the bullpen that slams the hatch shut to weather the storm!!! Anderson looked like Bill "Spaceman" Lee out there to hold off the Royals through 6!!!!

tumblr_inline_p8ku08QGXC1sa66n9_400.gifv

• Wow
Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
Nothing better than watching Lindor choke!
How much are Mets paying this stiff?
He got his obscene payday, now party time!

The Bloom is Off the rose for sure!!
Raise The Jolly Roger!

The Buccos bumble their way to 2 runs on ten hits and Rodriguez slams the door in a nail biter!!! A fly ball to the wall to scare the hell out of all to end it!!! The winning run came on a ground ball to shortstop with Gonzo on second in the sixth inning. The shortstop threw to first and Gonzo took it all the way to home plate to score the second run!!!

Brutal stretch of Games for the Buccos. When I see Newman, Difo, Evans and Todd Frazier at the plate I keep asking my self what their approach to hitting is. It is becoming painfully clear that none of them have an approach. Other than swinging at pitches they can't reach or getting jammed constantly.

Brutal stretch of Games for the Buccos. When I see Newman, Difo, Evans and Todd Frazier at the plate I keep asking my self what their approach to hitting is. It is becoming painfully clear that none of them have an approach. Other than swinging at pitches they can't reach or getting jammed constantly.
I don't know exactly what's up with Newman. I still think he'll snap out of it, but you are correct about the "approach" he's showing so far this season.

Their luck with injuries is horrible. Moran on the IL now, Ke'bryan Hayes moved to the 60 day IL now. Of course, Brault is still on the IL and won't be back until July, likely.

But raise it today with all our troubles!!

Beat the Cubbies!!
Buccos unleash a barrage of bloops and ground balls parlayed with a Wilmer ball off the wall to stun the Cubbies early!!! Anderson befuddles Chicago from the mound until handing it off to Crick who always looks like he's making his first MLB appearance. Rich Rod finally saves the day.....just when Bucco fans are ready to kick in the TV screen. Home to take on the Evil Red Machine.

Buccos unleash a barrage of bloops and ground balls parlayed with a Wilmer ball off the wall to stun the Cubbies early!!! Anderson befuddles Chicago from the mound until handing it off to Crick who always looks like he's making his first MLB appearance. Rich Rod finally saves the day.....just when Bucco fans are ready to kick in the TV screen. Home to take on the Evil Red Machine.

Rob Dibble threw at people's heads!

I think Todd Frazier doubled his season hits total yesterday with a 2-4 day at the plate. To me, every game he plays is a waste of time. I'd rather see them call up a young kid or play Evans.

Reactions: dbsteel and TheGLOV
I think Todd Frazier doubled his season hits total yesterday with a 2-4 day at the plate. To me, every game he plays is a waste of time. I'd rather see them call up a young kid or play Evans.
Agree- they should have a young guy at every position. Might as well give Will Craig a shot over Frazier. Any AAA pitcher over Cahill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT