ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Pirates 2021 Season Thread

Looks like the bucs front office agreed with me. The DFA'd Todd Frazier and Evans is expected to play 1st base while Moran is on IL.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Looks like the bucs front office agreed with me. The DFA'd Todd Frazier and Evans is expected to play 1st base while Moran is on IL.
I hope Evans starts to put the barrel on the ball.....but from what I've seen his open stance ain't getting it done....

I always joke that the Pirates season ends when the NFL holds its draft. This year the Buccos sat at 12-11 the morning of the NFL draft‘s first round. Today they are 14-20.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I did mean 15. My bad!
Raiiiiissssseeee The Jolly Roger!!!!

Miracles DO Happen!

Adam Frazier is on fire! 12 game hitting streak intact early and a late HR to seal the deal.

Evans actually hit a ball hard!!

Troy Stokes Jr. First career hit during a 2 for 3 nite with 2 RBIs.

Brubaker pitched decent!

Reds have to be scratching their heads asking themselves how they lost to that lineup!!!

Pirates are a sad franchise. Joe Musgrove is suddenly a stud for the Padres. Starling Marte? Yup he’s a good homegrown talent- let’s get rid of him because he won’t re-sign here or we won’t like the price.....On the bright side, Jordan Lyles looks like ass for I believe the Rangers, so not everyone who leaves becomes an all star. You know your team sucks when injuries to Ke’Bryan Hayes, Colin Moran and Bryan Reynolds derail your season. Folks outside of Pittsburgh don’t know anyone on their roster. Who is the brilliant owner who doesn’t spend a dime on talent it appears? It’s like the Detroit Tigers in a different uniform.

Pirates are a sad franchise. Joe Musgrove is suddenly a stud for the Padres. Starling Marte? Yup he’s a good homegrown talent- let’s get rid of him because he won’t re-sign here or we won’t like the price.....On the bright side, Jordan Lyles looks like ass for I believe the Rangers, so not everyone who leaves becomes an all star. You know your team sucks when injuries to Ke’Bryan Hayes, Colin Moran and Bryan Reynolds derail your season. Folks outside of Pittsburgh don’t know anyone on their roster. Who is the brilliant owner who doesn’t spend a dime on talent it appears? It’s like the Detroit Tigers in a different uniform.
Joe Musgrove is 2 and 4 this year.

Jameson Tallion is 1 and 2.

Starling Marte once was suspended for 80 games.

You can make a case for who the Pirates have let go in the past.

Those 3....you can have them....

Joe Musgrove is 2 and 4 this year.

Jameson Tallion is 1 and 2.

Starling Marte once was suspended for 80 games.

You can make a case for who the Pirates have let go in the past.

Those 3....you can have them....
Musgrove has a .87 WHIP, 3.00 ERA and over 12 K’s/9...only pirates fans quote Win Loss to justify dumping pitchers.

Reactions: ras5051 and TheGLOV
Musgrove has a .87 WHIP, 3.00 ERA and over 12 K’s/9...only pirates fans quote Win Loss to justify dumping pitchers.
If you think Joe Musgrove is a dominant pitcher .......you don't watch much baseball Mr. Metrics.

Joe Musgrove's career ERA is 4.24....that's dominant? Yea O.K.

The worst hitting team in baseball with runners in scoring position. Tonight ALONE 8 hitters have failed to even put the ball in play with runners on. Amazingly pathetic.
Fire Bob Nutting. MLB step in and force this greedy carpetbagger out of baseball.

Reactions: MacNit07
But raise it today with all our troubles!!

Beat the Cubbies!!
The Battling Bucs Fight Back to Raise The Jolly Roger!

Down one in the ninth tie it up!

Down one in the eleventh tie it up on a Adam Frazier Triple and Win it on a Polanco Sac Fly!!

Adam Frazier is On Fire!!!

Bucs Starting Pitcher Miguel Yajure made you wonder why Mitch Keller is in the Big Leagues!

The worst hitting team in baseball with runners in scoring position. Tonight ALONE 8 hitters have failed to even put the ball in play with runners on. Amazingly pathetic.
Fire Bob Nutting. MLB step in and force this greedy carpetbagger out of baseball.
Only one way to get him out. Start a very public boycott of the Pirates, all broadcasts, all sponsors of any team function, and .....most important......boycott any and all of Nutting’s businesses like Seven Springs Resorts, Hidden Valley Resort, Ogden Newspapers, and anything else. Set up social media sites, have picket lines at all businesses, protest at games home and away.
Nothing else will force him out.

Last edited:
Yajure has nasty stuff.
The Never Say Die Bucs Raise The Jolly Roger overcoming a four run deficit to tie the game with four in the 7th and Win it with a Stallings 2 run walk off homer in the ninth!! A rocky first inning for Tyler "Spaceman" Anderson included giving up 2 home runs with a pop up 10 feet in front of the plate in between that no one touched. The evening haze prevented any of the Pirates top notch defenders from getting a bead on it.
On to the Sunday matinee hoping that Mitch Keller can re-invent himself.

RIP Rennie Stennett

Reactions: auxgym
Better than Cahill??

Baseball is Great even the Bucs are getting runover!!!

One observation from the Cards series.....not saying the Cards weren't better in every game......but it is mind boggling how many borderline or off the plate pitches the Cards throw that are called strikes.

Better than Cahill??

Baseball is Great even the Bucs are getting runover!!!

One observation from the Cards series.....not saying the Cards weren't better in every game......but it is mind boggling how many borderline or off the plate pitches the Cards throw that are called strikes.

Just like Atlanta back in the day!!

Reactions: auxgym
Just like Atlanta back in the day!!
Speaking of Atlanta.......Let's Raise The Jolly Roger Down There!!!!

Nothing Better Than Screwing The Braves!!!!!

Adam Frazier is SCORCHING HOT while putting on a hitting clinic every nite!!! 4 for 5 Tonite including a no out single in the tenth to put the go ahead runner on third!!! Wil Crowe gave up a 3 run dinger....but had some pep in his step I must say. Stallings goes deep again and RichRod was..... well.....RichRod!!!

Anderson the Junkman set to take the hill tomorrow nite at 7:20 P.M.

So Greg Brown proudly states that Anderson is one of only 4 pitchers to strike out 7 while giving up 9 runs.....as if that makes it ok to give up 9 freaking runs in 5 innings.

I can't stand Greg Brown.
The Jolly Roger is moldy, musty and full of wrinkles but what the hell we are going to raise it not once, but TWICE!! The Buccos DOMINATE the feared Rockies lineup with two shutouts to put an end to a dreadful 6 game losing streak. Adam Frazier continues to impress with three hits including a double and home run, while Ka'ai Tom and Brian Reynolds also go deep. The highlight of the day was Cole Tucker and his feeble bat making an appearance for the first time in 2021. The suddenly red hot Pirates will look to sweep the weekend series from Colorado tomorrow.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
So Greg Brown proudly states that Anderson is one of only 4 pitchers to strike out 7 while giving up 9 runs.....as if that makes it ok to give up 9 freaking runs in 5 innings.
worst announcer in baseball. Can't stand listening to him

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT