ADVERTISEMENT

Football Just read that van den Berg is no longer on the team.

It would not surprise me if Beamon hits the transfer portal after spring ball.

That's ridiculous. So he decides to return for a 6th year only to transfer at the last second?
If after spring ball he see that his prospects for playing time are not as good as he thought or that his position in the rotation is now lower he might well decide it would be better if he moved on. That decision happens all the time.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Yes… a lot of processing coming up after spring ball. Expect some RBs, WRs, TEs, OLs, DLs, DBs, and Ks to depart.
Only 2 kickers on scholarship. Thompson, and isn't he the starting punter and if so he's not leaving. And the Sahandak.
And at RB there is Singleton, Allen and 4 with freshman eligibility.
The bloated numbers are more so at WR (15), DT (12), DE (10), and TE (6), and less so at OL (15 with 9 having freshman eligibility), and LB (10), possibly at Safety (8), and not really at and CB (8).

With 85 scholarships that's less than a 4 deep across 22 starters, plus adding a kicker or two. But a team today has to have a 4 deep at QB and RB. Lots of rotation at DE and DT, and the need to play extra DB's at times favor those positions as well. But more than a 3.5 deep at any position is a luxury that takes away from other positions. 15 WR's currently is at least a 5 deep, as are DT and DE numbers. So I look for 7-9 exits from those 3 positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Some inaccuracies in this thread.

1) Both Brevard and Mulbah were unrated nationally 3 stars. They were not highly rated.
2) Beamon while listed as a strong side DE at 265 lbs in HS was pegged by staff to play inside as a 3 tech DT from the beginning. Ellies at 300 lbs in HS was pegged to be the 1 tech DT.

Brevard was a solid 4*.

247!composite was 92. 5.8 on rivals and 90+ on on3.

Beamon was 265 in hs. Three+ years later he was 259.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Here's what I see on 247: 3 star composite 88, unranked nationally, 52nd best DT in the class

The composite shows Brevard as a solid 4 star, .9206 composite.

9219175.jpg

Cole Brevard​

HIGH SCHOOL

Prospect Info​

• HIGH SCHOOLCarmel
  • CITYCarmel, IN
  • CLASS2020
Watch Highlights

Player Rating​

i

247SPORTS​

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​