ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

The Lair is the Lair today... Lots of debate on SB.

"You can hate him all you want because he's a Penn Stater, but Barkley is the first rookie EVER (note EVER!) to go for over 400 yards rushing and over 300 yards receiving through six games and his offensive line stinks. If you can't register that, you're a special kind of stupid."
"
"Barkley doesnt have Elite vision or cutting. Its outside speed. " lol.....
That thread is truly bizarre. I can't keep myself from checking it every hour or so. Pitt fans fighting over SB's greatness.

Reactions: JJTopp99
He must be a newspaper reporter. He cherrypicks his stats and clarifies by saying he was overrated for the Heisman. I'm not sure what that means.
He's just a stupid, arrogant, angry red neck. Likely a sanitation worker who hates teachers, doctors, lawyers and anyone with a college education and an above average income. His pitiful self image, requires him to desperately scheme to pull anyone down into his Pitt of misery.

He's just a stupid, arrogant, angry red neck. Likely a sanitation worker who hates teachers, doctors, lawyers and anyone with a college education and an above average income. His pitiful self image, requires him to desperately scheme to pull anyone down into his Pitt of misery.
Perhaps, or he could be Pitts chancellor in cognito just trying to pump things up

The Lair is the Lair today... Lots of debate on SB.

"You can hate him all you want because he's a Penn Stater, but Barkley is the first rookie EVER (note EVER!) to go for over 400 yards rushing and over 300 yards receiving through six games and his offensive line stinks. If you can't register that, you're a special kind of stupid."
"
"Barkley doesnt have Elite vision or cutting. Its outside speed. " lol.....

Yeah, I thought, say what???

That thread is truly bizarre. I can't keep myself from checking it every hour or so. Pitt fans fighting over SB's greatness.

Yeah, the Lair is usually good for a laugh or two: often it's like watching a heated debate between the deranged and the delusional.

The morons don't realize that their entire conversation was started when Barkley put on a star-making show in primetime that impressed the entire NFL. It's too late to debate. The debate is over.

The morons don't realize that their entire conversation was started when Barkley put on a star-making show in primetime that impressed the entire NFL. It's too late to debate. The debate is over.
Oh they realized it, that’s what makes the whole thing more comical.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Let me lighten things up after a tough loss. For those that need a good laugh.

"I know you don't get "do-overs" in college football but it would be great if we could play them again this year. Won't happen but it would be interesting!"

Reactions: JWB389
Let me lighten things up after a tough loss. For those that need a good laugh.

"I know you don't get "do-overs" in college football but it would be great if we could play them again this year. Won't happen but it would be interesting!"
I'm sure their coach is already prepping for the possible rematch.

It is incredible how small time the ACC is compared to the BIG. Keep flipping back and forth from Pitt-UVa football and PSU-Nebraska women’s volleyball. So much more passion, interest and athleticism on display in the volleyball game. Football game is quiet and poorly played.

Kenny Football looks like about the worst QB in the ACC when he has to throw. Runs for some first downs, but I hope he is their QB for next year's PSU game....

xf97cn.jpg

I can’t put my figure on why pitt fans have unrealistic expectations yearly

Well Penn State would have won 12 games this year if they had decent special teams, had receivers who could catch, had a healthy QB and could play 4th quarter defense.

Better yet, don't go with anything beyond mono-syllabic.

Except when it comes to Avonte, who is one of the best Pitt players in the NFL.
It's telling that the Eagles have relied so heavily on Maddox, a fourth-round pick out of Pittsburgh, this season. The myriad of injuries to the defensive backfield has given Maddox a bigger role than anyone expected. But the Eagles might just have something with this kid. He's been somewhat of a revelation all season.

On Sunday, after missing the last three games with knee and ankle injuries suffered on Nov. 18 in New Orleans, Maddox was asked to start at outside cornerback. It's the third different position he's started at for the Eagles this season, after nickel cornerback and safety. He's played all three very well.

Did he ever think he'd play three positions during his rookie season?

"Nah. That was the last thing on my mind," he said. "I pride myself as a DB. Anytime I got to go out there and play a position, I'm going to go out there and give it my all and take some good pride into it and learn."

When it was suggested that maybe Maddox could rush the passer next week as a defensive end, the rookie just flashed a big smile. I certainly wouldn't bet against him. Wherever the Eagles have played him this season, he's been able to make plays.

Except when it comes to Avonte, who is one of the best Pitt players in the NFL.
It's telling that the Eagles have relied so heavily on Maddox, a fourth-round pick out of Pittsburgh, this season. The myriad of injuries to the defensive backfield has given Maddox a bigger role than anyone expected. But the Eagles might just have something with this kid. He's been somewhat of a revelation all season.

On Sunday, after missing the last three games with knee and ankle injuries suffered on Nov. 18 in New Orleans, Maddox was asked to start at outside cornerback. It's the third different position he's started at for the Eagles this season, after nickel cornerback and safety. He's played all three very well.

Did he ever think he'd play three positions during his rookie season?

"Nah. That was the last thing on my mind," he said. "I pride myself as a DB. Anytime I got to go out there and play a position, I'm going to go out there and give it my all and take some good pride into it and learn."

When it was suggested that maybe Maddox could rush the passer next week as a defensive end, the rookie just flashed a big smile. I certainly wouldn't bet against him. Wherever the Eagles have played him this season, he's been able to make plays.
You mean Avonte "Toast" Maddox? Being completely schooled by ARob!

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...ootball-program-acc-2019/stories/201901080107

Paul Zeise

"The Panthers haven’t won 10 games in a season since 2009. Double-digit wins doesn’t seem to be out of the question for next year and beyond."

iu

From Zeise, this is my favorite rationalization from fans of teams that can't recruit:

"He’s also recruiting players who fit the mold of what he wants and presumably fit into his overall philosophy and schemes."

Never mind that Narduzzi also offered all of the higher ranked recruits as well that he can't land.

From Zeise, this is my favorite rationalization from fans of teams that can't recruit:

"He’s also recruiting players who fit the mold of what he wants and presumably fit into his overall philosophy and schemes."

Never mind that Narduzzi also offered all of the higher ranked recruits as well that he can't land.

No, no. These higher-ranked recruits aren't at pitt because nardoozie backed off of them because they don't fit the mold. They also lack character. You see, they aren't pitt material.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT