ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

LOL.............

"My neighbors are hardcore PSU fans. This conversation happened:

Kid: I'm going to the Penn State hockey game!
Me: (kidding) Are you one of those Penn State fans?
Kid: (puzzled look)
Kid's Mom: He's a Pitt fan, honey.
Kid: Who???
Kid's Mom: Exactly.

If you ever wonder what athletics have to do with academics, this is a good example. Smart kids will seek out a fine school but it sure would be nice to have a young, PA kid know that Pitt exists."

"You're near ground zero under the dome I guess, but most outside of the dome know most who end up at penn st couldn't get into Pitt."

Would you EVER engage in conversation like that with a kid wearing a hat from another school? Ever? That's pretty despicable.

I do give kids a hard time for college affiliation. My son is good friends with 2 kids whose parents went to Notre Dame. I am pretty close to their fathers as well. From September through January - when we see each other - we engage in friendly banter. But it is all in good fun, and the jab back at Penn State.

Funny story. Last fall we were touring a Catholic Secondary School. The said friends were on there. One of the we were walking towards the parking lot after the game, and I was joking with the boys. I made a comment like you look sad, is it cause you didn't like the school or cause ND got beat by Miami. A priest overheard the comment and said ' too soon'. I about died laughing

Heres a real winner from a Pitt friend of mine. He honestly said this to me as I harassed him about attendance for tomorrows game:

"We would have more people at the games if the PSU fans didnt buy up all the season tickets"
We did them a favor. We took all the risk. Check the price on the open market.

Heres a real winner from a Pitt friend of mine. He honestly said this to me as I harassed him about attendance for tomorrows game:

"We would have more people at the games if the PSU fans didnt buy up all the season tickets"

Pitt games are so well attended and crowded, no one goes any more.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Ford didnt play on Saturday.

There’s two schools of thought on this in the LAIR. One is the Duzz is too stupid to realize what a talent he is. The other is that Fords too stupid to grasp the intracies of PITTS world class defense. Either way, If he’s their best athlete why can’t he make an impact on special teams. I didn’t realize that you had to be a Mensa member to cover kickoffs or return them. It’s puzzling at best.

I still have hopes of our fans to STOP their incessant posting of things written on the Pitt board here, on OUR board. Ya know, even a computer dummy like me can figure out how to navigate my ass over to the Panther Lair if need be. So please, let it rest. Let them die a slow death without us being there to be witnesses.

HailtoPitt1985 had this to say over on his board:

"After this season at 2-10, there may be more than Hamlin regretting their decisions to play for Pitt. And there may be many transfers."

Sean Miller Fan said after reading what Hail had to say: "Good. These players suck."

And Hamlin did tweet, though it has since been removed, "I should have listened to my mother". After their recent game.

LOL!!!
Where are they going if they transfer. Slippery Rock, IUP, Cal of PA or Clarion?
I suppose they have some talent and with some coaching they could develop in fine players at that level.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I still have hopes of our fans to STOP their incessant posting of things written on the Pitt board here, on OUR board. Ya know, even a computer dummy like me can figure out how to navigate my ass over to the Panther Lair if need be. So please, let it rest. Let them die a slow death without us being there to be witnesses.
Back in the day executions attracted big crowds. Nothing like a picnic planned around a hanging.

Last edited:
Where are they going if they transfer. Slippery Rock, IUP, Cal of PA or Clarion?
I suppose they have some talent and with some coaching they could develop in fine players at that level.

The one thread here had a tweet from that Ford kid, and I quickly took a look, his tweet was filled with lair loonies saying things like "please don't transfer". Hilarious!

Pitt has a dumb fan base. Just dumb. On so many levels.

And it all begins with blaming Joe Paterno for all their troubles back in the late 60s. They still don’t get that it was their own fault that they stunk. Not Joe Paterno’s.

Last edited:
The one thread here had a tweet from that Ford kid, and I quickly took a look, his tweet was filled with lair loonies saying things like "please don't transfer". Hilarious!
Did he redshirt last year? Too lazy to look it up.

Did he redshirt last year? Too lazy to look it up.
He didn't play last . There were some rumors he was an academic casualty. I guess that counts as a redshirt but I'm not sure of the nuances of the redshirt rule.

He didn't play last . There were some rumors he was an academic casualty. I guess that counts as a redshirt but I'm not sure of the nuances of the redshirt rule.
I did look it up. It appears he redshirted. They're saying he's either not good enough to play or not smart enough to grasp the defense. I find the "smart" excuse difficult to believe. Can it really be that complex that he is the only notable casualty? Doubt it.

Uh, no. Not after their deranged and unjustifiable damning of all things Penn State during the NCAA and B1G imposed dark years. ....and it continues to this very day unabated.

Again, no sir! I say fk'em and feed 'em fish heads!

Last edited:
If they never throw to a tight end does it really matter if they leave the team, or decommit for that matter.

According to the Lair he couldn't catch a cold let alone a well-thrown pass. And no, since Pitt doesn't use their TEs much as offensive pass threats, it doesn't really matter that much that he left the team as long as they can replace him with someone who can block decently.

Surprising they don't throw to the tight end more. Based on my limited knowledge of their passing attack (the PSU game and highlights of others), they don't throw longer than 10 yards much. Of course, throwing to a tight end on a drag route requires throwing near the middle of the field which they don't seem too keen to do.

According to the Lair he couldn't catch a cold let alone a well-thrown pass. And no, since Pitt doesn't use their TEs much as offensive pass threats, it doesn't really matter that much that he left the team as long as they can replace him with someone who can block decently.

Then they might as well dress up an OT in a jersey with an eligible number on it and just have him line up at TE and block all day and night.

Surprising they don't throw to the tight end more. Based on my limited knowledge of their passing attack (the PSU game and highlights of others), they don't throw longer than 10 yards much. Of course, throwing to a tight end on a drag route requires throwing near the middle of the field which they don't seem too keen to do.

Kenny FOOTBALL. :eek: has a pop-gun arm.

ADVERTISEMENT