ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Every month from now on they will improve by leaps and bounds. By late August they’ll be playoff ready, then crash, boom and on to 2020.

Reactions: m48tank
If anyone has 2019 and 2020 schedules handy, how do they get to nine and 10 wins, respectively?

I think he meant to say that in 2019 Kenny Football would have 9 yards against Clemson, and in 2020 he would have 10 yards.

9 or 10 wins seems very reasonable. Losing their last three games and a ton of starters would indicate that things are looking up! LOL

Reactions: LionLen
I just looked...7 max in either year. Could be tough in 2020 if that TBA team turns out to be good.
Ha, you have been outed as a secret “Pitter “ troll. ( Just kidding ) Only on drugs can you find 7 wins next year unless Fields, Hurts and Wimbush transfer to Pitt. Same song in 2020.

Ha, you have been outed as a secret “Pitter “ troll. ( Just kidding ) Only on drugs can you find 7 wins next year unless Fields, Hurts and Wimbush transfer to Pitt. Same song in 2020.
I said 7 max. They will win their first two, they always seem to beat Duke, they could beat Ga Tech, Virginia, Va Tech (the Chokies can lose to anyone), and they may finally get over the hump against the vaunted UNC. Their schedule is not exactly a gauntlet.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Wait for this one, its coming, it does every year: One of those clowns on the LAIR will proudly claim that Pitt's SOS is much tougher than that of any team that plays in the Big 10 regardless of what the actual reality is (ie, SOS), LOL.

And then later, when they are on the verge of possibly having a losing season, they will complain that their OOC schedule is just too tough compared to that played by any Big 10 team, and THAT is the reason they just cannot match the PSU's of the world win for win.

Last edited:
Wait for this one, its coming, it does every year: One of those clowns on the LAIR will make the claim that Pitt's SOS is much tougher than that of any team that plays in the Big 10 regardless of what the actual reality is (ie, SOS), LOL.

And then later, when they are on the verge of having another losing season, they will complain that their OOC schedule is just too tough and THAT is the reason they just cannot match the PSU's of the world win for win.
I took a little spin thru fantasyland today and they already have a long thread hitting all the points that you referenced.

I took a little spin thru fantasyland today and they already have a long thread hitting all the points that you referenced.

I also took a quick tour, this is what I came away with:

Pitt will be the next Clemson (i.e. turn from a nobody into a football power)
Jalen Hurts will transfer to Pitt (although not sure why with Kenny Heisman there.)
Pitt will beat Clemson to win the ACC next year, yet Clemson will still make the playoff
Pitt is only mediocre because their OOC schedule is so tough.
They are still salty about Franklin "running up the score".

Jalen Hurts will transfer to Pitt (although not sure why with Kenny Heisman there.)
Pitt will beat Clemson to win the ACC next year, yet Clemson will still make the playoff
Franklin "ran up the score" however they "beat themselves." LOL
I love how they are convinced that Clemson's victory make the ACC a great conference. The Coastal is about equivalent to a MAC conference. They are graduating 12 starters and lost their last 3 games. They don't have a single recruit that PSU would have taken as anything but a preferred walk on.

And the ACC is equal to the SEC...and the Big 10 is the worst conference.

xf97cn.jpg

I can’t put my figure on why pitt fans have unrealistic expectations yearly

Deluded.

Even if they won those 10 regular season games, they still would have lost to PSU and UCF and eventually Clemson, The only good teams they played. Plus They don't seem to realize how CFB works. They wouldn't have played Stanford, they would have lost to an even tougher bowl opponent.
They played ND close so that counts as a win according to Lair Logic.

Franklin "ran up the score" however they "beat themselves." LOL
I love how they are convinced that Clemson's victory make the ACC a great conference. The Coastal is about equivalent to a MAC conference. They are graduating 12 starters and lost their last 3 games. They don't have a single recruit that PSU would have taken as anything but a preferred walk on.

They're doomed!

DOOMED I tell you!

Where do you get 10 wins?
Delaware- W
Ohio- W
PSU- L
UCF- L
Miami- L
UNC- L (they always lose to them)
Virginia- ?
BC- L
Duke- W
Ga Tech- W
Syracuse- L
Va Tech- ?

5-7 wins at best.

Damn their schedule is crap. Imagine if they played Penn State's schedule?

Idaho - W

Buffalo - W
Penn State - L
at Maryland - L
Purdue - L
at Iowa - L
Michigan - L
at Michigan State - L
at Minnesota - W
Indiana - L
at Ohio State - L
Rutgers - W

The only sure wins are Idaho and Rutgers, considering what their team is losing. Best case they would go 4-8.

Damn their schedule is crap. Imagine if they played Penn State's schedule?

Idaho - W

Buffalo - W
Penn State - L

at Maryland - L
Purdue - L
at Iowa - L
Michigan - L
at Michigan State - L
at Minnesota - W
Indiana - L
at Ohio State - L
Rutgers - W

The only sure wins are Idaho and Rutgers, considering what their team is losing. Best case they would go 4-8.
No way they beat Minnesota

I figured Buffalo would be a toss-up, and they'd steal one that they shouldn't win... Minnesota seemed like a decent choice.

If history is any indicator then Pitt will beat Buffalo. Pitt is 4-0 versus Buffalo.

Who woulda guessed this though? Pitt is 3-0 vs Wisconsin and 15-6-3 vs Nebraska. Pitt is just 106-130-9 vs the Big 10.

Now here's a mild surprise all-time Pitt is 12-3-2 vs the SEC. Of course, most of those games played are now part of CFB's "ancient history" chronicles. Pitt has NEVER played Alabama or Auburn, however. They have only played 8 of the 13 SEC schools.

Pitt is 3-10 vs UNC.

Link: http://www.winsipedia.com/pittsburgh

Where do you get 10 wins?
Delaware- W
Ohio- W
PSU- L
UCF- L
Miami- L
UNC- L (they always lose to them)
Virginia- ?
BC- L
Duke- W
Ga Tech- W
Syracuse- L
Va Tech- ?

5-7 wins at best.
You obviously don’t understand Lair logic and math. Using your example I can easily see between 9 and 13 wins. This is how; Non conference triumphs each count as 1and1/2 wins. Conference victories equal 2 wins each. Losses to ranked teams equal 1 win each. This gives us 9 wins. If they split the toss games that provides us with 11 wins. Sweeping both provides 13 wins with no need to play in the ACC championship game, thus providing PITT the number one seed in the National Championship Playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT