ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

I posted this back in May and updated our game against them.

Here is Pitt’s record against Big 10 teams:
Vs. Illinois 2-6 all-time; 2-0 since 1981
Vs. Indiana 2-7 all-time; last game 1952
Vs. Iowa 3-4 all-time; 1-3 since 1953
Vs. Maryland last mtg 1992
Vs. Michigan 0-2 all-time; outscored 109-0; last mtg 1947
Vs. Michigan St. 0-6-1 all-time; 0-2 since 200
Vs. Minnesota 3-9 all-time; 2-0 since 1991
Vs. Nebraska 0-2 as Big 10 member
Vs. Northwestern 3-4 all-time; 0-1 since 1974
Vs. Ohio State 5-19-1 all-time; 1-6 since 1955
Vs. Penn State 2-5 as Big 10 member
Vs. Purdue 3-4 all-time; 2-0 since 1985
Vs. Rutgers last mtg 2012
Vs. Wisconsin 3-0 all-time; last mtg 1967
  1. That’s a combined 26-68-2 vs. Big 10 teams, a winning percentage of .281.

2. Take out Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and their record is 21-41 and winning percentage is still a lousy .339.

If history is any indicator then Pitt will beat Buffalo. Pitt is 4-0 versus Buffalo.

Who woulda guessed this though? Pitt is 3-0 vs Wisconsin and 15-6-3 vs Nebraska. Pitt is just 106-130-9 vs the Big 10.

Now here's a mild surprise all-time Pitt is 12-3-2 vs the SEC. Of course, most of those games played are now part of CFB's "ancient history" chronicles. Pitt has NEVER played Alabama or Auburn, however. They have only played 8 of the 13 SEC schools.

Pitt is 3-10 vs UNC.

Link: http://www.winsipedia.com/pittsburgh

I think Buffalo will be having an up year, and Pitt is going to be having a down year. Hence I think it will be a toss up.

Franklin "ran up the score" however they "beat themselves." LOL
I love how they are convinced that Clemson's victory make the ACC a great conference. The Coastal is about equivalent to a MAC conference. They are graduating 12 starters and lost their last 3 games. They don't have a single recruit that PSU would have taken as anything but a preferred walk on.
No, you must be forgetting that they only lost due to special teams. Lol at least that's what one of those knuckleheads stated.

Pitt will arguably have its worst team in years next year, especially on offense. 2 return on the Oline. TE doesn't exist. Receivers are sh$t and the backfield is gone. Oh yeah, they also have "Kenny 8 yards" at QB. Followed by 3 years of garbage recruiting by Duzz.

Hope Nardouche chooses "vanilla" in his opener vs Ohio U. Solich and Co. just might put some crushed nuts on his Sundae. After that I don't see more than 2 or 3 wins the rest of the way. Virginia coming on, Miami will have a QB....VT was young and will bounce back and UNC has their number and now recruiting with Mack Brown.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I suppose one could argue that all child anal rapes are satanic.

Anyhow, when they keep bringing that up even now, you know that they've admitted defeat.
Well, they are lying scumbags. Even if "satanic child anal rapes' had occurred at PSU....not one of those shit eating hypocrites would really care.
I have no problem with them hating on PSU. But at least be honest, why you hate PSU. Real reasons: Pitt can rarely compete with PSU on the field, lately can't compete at all for talent, Pitt is repeatedly embarrassed by its undersized and shrinking fanbase and increasing empty seat epidemic. All of this made even more painful when Pitt fans were convinced that they would leap frog PSU as the result of sanctions. Only to awaken to the reality that being Pitt is the most draconian sanction known to football.

Well, they are lying scumbags. Even if "satanic child anal rapes' had occurred at PSU....not one of those shit eating hypocrites would really care.
I have no problem with them hating on PSU. But at least be honest, why you hate PSU. Real reasons: Pitt can rarely compete with PSU on the field, lately can't compete at all for talent, Pitt is repeatedly embarrassed by its undersized and shrinking fanbase and increasing empty seat epidemic. All of this made even more painful when Pitt fans were convinced that they would leapfrog PSU as the result of sanctions. Only to awaken to the reality that being Pitt is the most draconian sanction known to football.

Yeah, this brought great joy to their little hearts but then reality came crashing down on them, crushing all hope of a Pitt resurgence, lol.

Last edited:
More Pitt rocket science brought to you by the LAIR: "A blowout is fun only if it's your team doing the blowing out............."

Here is my favorite recent quote..."Interesting. It was clear that Clifford was not ready for prime time in the bowl game. "

What?

Reactions: TheGLOV
I have no problem with them hating on PSU. But at least be honest, why you hate PSU. Real reasons: Pitt can rarely compete with PSU on the field, lately can't compete at all for talent, Pitt is repeatedly embarrassed by its undersized and shrinking fanbase and increasing empty seat epidemic. All of this made even more painful when Pitt fans were convinced that they would leap frog PSU as the result of sanctions. Only to awaken to the reality that being Pitt is the most draconian sanction known to football.

I would be willing to bet given the choice for

1. Scandal never happens at Penn State and Children not harmed

Or

2. Scandal happens. Children harmed. Sanctions levied. Pitt laughter and enjoyment

The majority of Pitt’s fan base would select 2 and a large majority. That is how sick their fan base is in regards to penn State. I’ve heard and seen reactions from that fanvase during that time frame that are disgusting

Or

2. Scandal happens. Children harmed. Sanctions levied. Pitt laughter and enjoyment

The majority of Pitt’s fan base would select 2 and a large majority. That is how sick their fan base is in regards to penn State. I’ve heard and seen reactions from that fanvase during that time frame that are disgusting

Without question they would.

Finally, a sensible post by a Pitter: ..."it seems that Pitt fans talk out of both sides of their mouths. Do you want the better OOC schedule to get fans in the seats or do you want a crap OOC schedule to get another win or 2?? You can't have it both ways." ---HTP1985

About half of the LAIR wants to "put some lipstick on that pig" by playing more OOC patsies.

Finally, a sensible post by a Pitter: ..."it seems that Pitt fans talk out of both sides of their mouths. Do you want the better OOC schedule to get fans in the seats or do you want a crap OOC schedule to get another win or 2?? You can't have it both ways." ---HTP1985

About half of the LAIR wants to "put some lipstick on that pig" by playing more OOC patsies.

I’ve never seen a teams fan base complain more about their schedule while playing in perhaps the worst division in P5 football. They were basically equals with Rutgers in the Big East. Their success will always rely on the failures of others

"All of this made even more painful when Pitt fans were convinced that they would leap frog PSU as the result of sanctions."
EXACTLY! Since probably the Johnny Majors (Nothing personal!) period, I've irrationally/obsessively hated pitt. If it would seem they were forever going off the football map I'd be ecstatic. Then suddenly NOT? It would crush me!

Are there really any patsies when it comes to pitt football?

Are there really any patsies when it comes to pitt football?

Therein lies the danger to their program. Imagine Pitt scheduling three patsies (such as Albany or The Little Sisters of St Mary, whomever) and then finishing 1-2 or even 0-3 against them? Then what will their laughing stock of a program, but especially the LAIR, use as an excuse for finishing 5-9 or worse?

Therein lies the danger to their program. Imagine Pitt scheduling three patsies (such as Albany or The Little Sisters of St Mary, whomever) and then finishing 1-2 or even 0-3 against them? Then what will their laughing stock of a program, but especially the LAIR, use as an excuse for finishing 5-9 or worse?
They already play enough cupcakes. The ACC Coastal is one big Bavarian Cream Pie. How much easier can it get.

Or

I realize your post was hypothetical, but I just want to point out that the scandal didn't happen at Penn State. It happened at the second mile. Penn State just got blamed for ratings.

I realize your post was hypothetical, but I just want to point out that the scandal didn't happen at Penn State. It happened at the second mile. Penn State just got blamed for ratings.
Not to disagree but the "scandal" did occur. The narrative was fictional, created by the OAG and swallowed, among other things, by employees at Penn Live as fact. I remain skeptical about most of the "evidence" and several of the claimants that are now millionaires. In addition, the check writer had reasons, along with other OGBOT to deflect attention and watch a dead man and 3 innocent administrators "take the rap."

Not to disagree but the "scandal" did occur. The narrative was fictional, created by the OAG and swallowed, among other things, by employees at Penn Live as fact. I remain skeptical about most of the "evidence" and several of the claimants that are now millionaires. In addition, the check writer had reasons, along with other OGBOT to deflect attention and watch a dead man and 3 innocent administrators "take the rap."

My focus was where it allegedly occurred. I don't know what did or did not happen between Jerry Sandusky and the second mile teens. (with the exception of Allan Myers, who is on the record specifically saying nothing happened in the PSU showers.) I just wanted to point that the facts show it wasn't a Penn State scandal.

My focus was where it allegedly occurred. I don't know what did or did not happen between Jerry Sandusky and the second mile teens. (with the exception of Allan Myers, who is on the record specifically saying nothing happened in the PSU showers.) I just wanted to point that the facts show it wasn't a Penn State scandal.
Second Mile's purpose was to help underprivileged children. A jury found Sandusky, 72, guilty of molesting 10 boys he met through the defunct nonprofit's programs and he was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison.

The Sandusky investigation occurred under Attorney General Kathleen Kane's predecessors. Former Attorney General Tom Corbett, of Shaler, started the probe before becoming governor in 2010. Corbett's appointee, Linda Kelly of Edgewood, oversaw the prosecution of Sandusky, who was charged in December 2011.

Castor said the Second Mile issue arose when he wrote the legal opinion for Kane, which resulted in her decision last month not to appeal a Superior Court ruling that threw out the most serious charges of perjury and obstruction of justice against three former Penn State administrators charged in an alleged cover-up of the Sandusky case. Lesser charges of child endangerment remain against them.

“It began bothering me like a pebble in my shoe, this long-held perception that the Second Mile may have provided some of Sandusky's victims,” Castor said. “My question is, what did they know and when did they know it?”

The foundation was disbanded after Sandusky was charged.

“I'm pleased someone is actually looking at this,” said Anthony Lubrano, a member of the Penn State Board of Trustees.

Castor, a former Montgomery County district attorney, said it's not clear if such an inquiry could result in charges because of the statute of limitations.

“The bigger question is whether there are still records to review,” Lubrano said.

Critics of Corbett have long questioned why officials of the Second Mile were not investigated. They pointed to his approval of a $3 million grant for the foundation in 2011 after accepting thousands of dollars in campaign donations from people with ties to the foundation.

Corbett's office had denied any connection between the contributions and the decision not to pursue prosecution.

Former state agents and prosecutors familiar with the case said there was an extensive investigation of the board.

Federal investigators conducted an investigation.

“We have no comment,” said Dawn Mayko, spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office in the Middle District of Pennsylvania, based in Harrisburg.

Corbett approved a grant for the Second Mile's new building initially approved by his predecessor, Democrat Ed Rendell.

Corbett said at the time he could not reject the grant without “compromising the investigation.”

Guys don’t start this up again. Just focus on the hypocrisy, pettiness and vitriolic hatred most Lair posters have for PSU. More specifically, rarely were the Baylor or MSU situations ever mentioned on the Lair. Of course other than to say that they nothing compared to PSU. That showed their true colors, and how envy and juvenile spite controls their emotions.

Guys don’t start this up again. Just focus on the hypocrisy, pettiness and vitriolic hatred most Lair posters have for PSU. More specifically, rarely were the Baylor or MSU situations ever mentioned on the Lair. Of course other than to say that they nothing compared to PSU. That showed their true colors, and how envy and juvenile spite controls their emotions.

There are Pitt fans, certainly not all of them, who have an over-the-top hatred of Penn State that starts from I don’t know where. I know two people in “real life” like this and, of course, there are several on the Lair. The laughable Pitt Chains comes to mind first.

Reactions: ELDADDY
The "SCANDAL" was just another talking point for Pitt fans to cling onto. That's why they dont care about any other scandals. They thought it would be the end of Penn State football and was going to give them control of the state. Pitt knew they were never going to reach the status of a national contender again unless Penn State was wiped out.
Once the sanction hit, they saw the opportunity they needed to make this happen. When things didnt go as planned and Penn State survived the sanctions , and did better then Pitt while on them, it was a dagger to Pitts heart. Now the "scandal" haunts them because they cant fathom how Penn State survived .

From my good friend, Pitt donor and Pitt alum.

So of the best quotes are in reference to schedule. The series with UCF was announced immediately after UCF had a 5-6 season. Talks likely began before that season after UCF went 0-10. Their fans act as if they are on another level because they schedule so difficult. Truth is they tried to schedule a cupcake.

A quick perusal of the Lair provides daily amusement. Now it would appear that the loss of the extremely overrated, undersized, and overhyped McSorley is going to cause us to take several steps backwards. In addition, somehow the bowl game showed that Clifford is not ready for prime time, in spite of barely playing.

No disrespect to Coke, but the Lair is the true Pause That Refreshes.

A quick perusal of the Lair provides daily amusement. Now it would appear that the loss of the extremely overrated, undersized, and overhyped McSorley is going to cause us to take several steps backwards. In addition, somehow the bowl game showed that Clifford is not ready for prime time, in spite of barely playing.

No disrespect to Coke, but the Lair is the true Pause That Refreshes.
Well keep in mind that TM "always played better than he really is." They will continue to grow huge penises until the week of our game. The reality of coming into Beaver after what happened last year.....and the specter of the kind of "parting gift" CJF will award them will temper their bravado and induce shrinkage. The narrative will quickly shift to how they are pure and winning isn't all that important.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT