ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Also telling the UCF fans about how dirty their players were. The weak before the Pitt defense was the chippiest, cheap-shot artists I’ve seen in awhile.

I’ve never seen a fan base project as much as they do. Do they know they do that? Maybe I should go to the lair and tell them... oh wait they insta-block everyone and then post here and pretend that’s how this site is.

I like a lot of your posts, you at times have solid takes. We're on this thread to make fun of sPitt. Nobody is obsessed with them. Your obsession with Mauti and a couple other posters is disturbing. Go and drink a beer or 20, beat off with 80 grit sandpaper. Whatever. Just get the fvck over it.

Which of his posts are solid takes? Not sure there has been one where he hasn’t gone on the attack over something trivial. I guess he cuts and pastes recruiting info from time to time...

Well we know it wasn’t a Fairgambit product. He would have used outdated logos and gotten the score wrong.

Reactions: bytir
OK, just to keep this thread alive. Today there is a thread on the nicest stadiums with the obvious negative comments re: the Beav (yea, it's ugly and needs upgrading) but the kicker is that a handful of them claim Franklin Field as one they would want on their campus. We played Temple there, what 15 + years ago? That place felt unsafe. It was like playing in the Colosseum...and not the one in LA.

OK, just to keep this thread alive. Today there is a thread on the nicest stadiums with the obvious negative comments re: the Beav (yea, it's ugly and needs upgrading) but the kicker is that a handful of them claim Franklin Field as one they would want on their campus. We played Temple there, what 15 + years ago? That place felt unsafe. It was like playing in the Colosseum...and not the one in LA.

Reactions: JWB389
Hard to believe that being bored I looked at the Lair and the first thread that caught my eye was one that contained nothing but facts. There really are a few pitt alums/fans that recognize the reality of the ACC. But I'm sure a few delusioned pitters will try and tear this poster a new butt after they work up the nerve.....

Here is Sagarin's ratings:
CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%
1 SEC-WEST (A) = 84.19 83.75 ( 1) 7 84.13 ( 1)
2 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 81.92 81.42 ( 2) 7 82.05 ( 2)
3 BIG 12 (A) = 79.05 79.12 ( 3) 10 79.13 ( 3)
4 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 78.36 78.57 ( 4) 6 78.46 ( 4)
5 SEC-EAST (A) = 77.59 77.53 ( 5) 7 77.59 ( 5)
6 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 76.07 76.33 ( 6) 6 76.30 ( 6)
7 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 74.58 74.96 ( 7) 7 74.76 ( 7)
8 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 73.36 74.38 ( 8) 7 73.61 ( 8)
9 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 73.12 72.18 ( 9) 7 72.44 ( 9)

10 AAC WEST (A) = 72.57 72.12 ( 10) 6 72.19 ( 10)
11 MWC-MOUNTAIN (A) = 69.09 68.43 ( 11) 6 68.87 ( 11)
12 AAC EAST (A) = 64.54 64.89 ( 12) 6 64.51 ( 12)

Sagarin rankings of ACC teams:
5 Clemson
30 Miami
35 Wake Forest
38 UVA
41 Duke
42 Florida State
43 UNC
54 Syracuse
59 Pitt
69 NC State
71 Louisville
83 Virginia Tech
86 Boston College
100 Georgia Tech
Conference is 0-5 against top 10 Sagarin opponents.

Here is the Colley matrix ratings:
Big 10 30-8 0.722942
Big 12 24-6 0.677728
Pac-12 24-10 0.635919
SEC 29-10 0.630421
American 28-13 0.607230
ACC 29-12 0.586855

ACC head to head records Against P5 opponents:
1-2 vs. the Big 10
0-2 vs. the Big 12
2-2 vs. the SEC
3-6 overall.
---

I think the ones that really hurt were Maryland 63 Syracuse 20, West Virginia 44 NC State 27, Kansas 48 BC 24, Temple 24 Georgia Tech 2, and Citadel 27 Georgia Tech 24. Those were losses, sometimes by wide margins, to mediocre and even bad teams.

No kidding...........

Last edited:

1922 called. They want their stadium back.

Reactions: denniskembala
Unfortunately it looks like Pitt may be a more formidable opponent than next year's marquee team.

That's not saying much, but it's not just about the quality of the opponent. I'm thrilled to be able to see PSU play in Blacksburg. Seeing their beautiful campus, enjoying their stadium traditions. I'm sure the fans will be awesome too. It's the exact opposite of an away game at Pitt.

That's not saying much, but it's not just about the quality of the opponent. I'm thrilled to be able to see PSU play in Blacksburg. Seeing their beautiful campus, enjoying their stadium traditions. I'm sure the fans will be awesome too. It's the exact opposite of an away game at Pitt.
It will be a welcome change, but I used to work A LOT of Va Tech fans/alum. It will be a different kind of hate. At that time at least, they were the type of fans that were born on 3rd base and pretended they hit a triple. It is a very nice town and campus. Never been in the stadium, but it looks cool on the outside with a great game day atmosphere.

It will be a welcome change, but I used to work A LOT of Va Tech fans/alum. It will be a different kind of hate. At that time at least, they were the type of fans that were born on 3rd
My son wants to be there for base and pretended they hit a triple. It is a very nice town and campus. Never been in the stadium, but it looks cool on the outside with a great game day atmosphere.

My son - current sophomore in PSU Engineering - really wants to go there to experience "Enter Sandman." Based on lsat two years, he's also really glad he chose PSU over VT and some cash!

It will be a welcome change, but I used to work A LOT of Va Tech fans/alum. It will be a different kind of hate. At that time at least, they were the type of fans that were born on 3rd base and pretended they hit a triple. It is a very nice town and campus. Never been in the stadium, but it looks cool on the outside with a great game day atmosphere.

I’ve worked with many VT grads over the years, they’ve all been really sharp and decent people.

I worked M-F in Roanoke VA for 20 months years ago and for the first 6 months I had to drive every other week, right past Blacksburg. I've always wanted to go to a game there so next year may be the time to do it.

And I believe this is exactly the type of OOC team that many PSU fans will appreciate. A college town, not too far, just a great venue for a trip to an away game to see a game that is out of the ordinary. A great choice by PSU to pursue and get a series going.

About the only better set up would be to play this game towards the end of October when the leaves are turning down there which would make the drive that much more enjoyable......

Last edited:
It's a great game experience and loud for its size for sure. Tailgating is okay but it's all over the place and on a lot of parking lots. It will be packed so it's like being in a sardine can and gets ungodly hot in the early season.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT