ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

I expected us to blow their doors off from start to finish, in all facets. That should not be an unrealistic expectation given the difference in talent. 45-13 looks great, but I am disappointed in a lot of what I saw, especially the first half.

C’mon now guys! This thread is about stupid stuff Pitt fans say. Get your Buffalo game analysis outta here!

Apparently PSU is "afraid" of pitt:

"They're afraid of us, its really that simple. I did buy that with their 9 game B1G schedule that they had room for 1 P5 home and home every couple of years but after this BS of them scheduling Temple of all programs, its a load of crap. They're afraid of Pitt, plain and simple."

"They're afraid of us, its really that simple. I did buy that with their 9 game B1G schedule that they had room for 1 P5 home and home every couple of years but after this BS of them scheduling Temple of all programs, its a load of crap. They're afraid of Pitt, plain and simple."

Yet it's widely known that Pitt ended the series. PSU has offered solutions to keep the series going, Pitt has declined because they don't think it is "fair" to play more games in State College. The truth is, they don't actually want to play PSU, they just want to complain about not playing PSU. I don't blame them, their only wins in the last dozen games came against one of the worst PSU teams ever (2000), and other (2016) PSU absolutely gift wrapped and handed to them.

Unfortunately this week just isn’t going to be as much fun as usual. Other than the occasional extreme nut job there aren’t the “ we’re going to kill the Pedds or the nitters are going down big time” posts on the Lair. They are already resigned to losing this game and are devoting more time to arguing among themselves about Narduzzi then spouting their World famous idiocy.

Good Lord. Some of these people need serious help.

1. upj87 All Conference

2. yep. would root for WVU over Penn State also...Hell, if Penn State played Al-Qaeda A&M I'd up in the the stands doing their famous allah 'akbar cheer...

Reactions: JJTopp99 and psu00
In some regards, I really can’t argue with that. Buffalo moved the ball most of the game. Our defense stiffened when it mattered to keep them out of the end zone, but they still moved the ball on us. They’re offensive line held up well against our defensive front. We were not able to run the ball effectively (though I would like to have seen more attempts). They had the ball for more than 42 minutes. The difference was our passing game and our defense tightening up when it counted. Still, the scoreboard doesn’t tell the entire story.

Couple things Bob. 1, you're nuts! :eek: We won by 32!! They scored 1 TD!! The game is 4 quarters for a reason. And 2, anytime you have PSU&trout liking your post, you need to seriously re-evaluate your position. Good luck.

source.gif
I watched half of that game I think their qb had strep...I heard that’s contagious I bet the whole team was sick! LOL!

Ah, now I get it. Why is Penn State afraid of Lehigh?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yet it's widely known that Pitt ended the series. PSU has offered solutions to keep the series going, Pitt has declined because they don't think it is "fair" to play more games in State College. The truth is, they don't actually want to play PSU, they just want to complain about not playing PSU. I don't blame them, their only wins in the last dozen games came against one of the worst PSU teams ever (2000), and other (2016) PSU absolutely gift wrapped and handed to them.
Let’s be honest we are the ones who don’t need the game as much as Pitt. We knew they wouldn’t accept our 2 for 1 offer and the rest is history. Personally, I am a huge fan of the game and I think it SHOULD be played every year. All the smack talk and things that going into the game is a lot of fun. People only lie to themselves who say they’d rather play Idaho and the school for the blind.

Reactions: Pittski
Let’s be honest we are the ones who don’t need the game as much as Pitt. We knew they wouldn’t accept our 2 for 1 offer and the rest is history. Personally, I am a huge fan of the game and I think it SHOULD be played every year. All the smack talk and things that going into the game is a lot of fun. People only lie to themselves who say they’d rather play Idaho and the school for the blind.

We would be playing the latter two types of schools regardless unless Pitt wants to only play at Penn State. Pitt would be taking the place of schools like Auburn, VA Tech, and WVU.

Putting this here where it belongs to save people a click or two:

Ohio beat down Buffalo last night. Even though Pitt isn't a world beater they will be PSU's first real test of the season. PSU overconfidence could be key in a Panthers upset.

I made a mistake. It was an old score. But my annd Pitt's intellectual level is just fine.

I have never meet a more pompous and arrogant fan base then the nitters. Get over yourselves. You like to think you are elite but your not until you consistently beat UM OSU and MSU. Which you haven't been able to do since you've been in the Big10.

Reactions: Gnat91
We're not playing teams like Idaho instead of Pitt. We're playing teams like Auburn instead of Pitt. Although I can't justify Temple except they are the second best team in Pennsylvania.

Reactions: pandaczar12
We're not playing teams like Idaho instead of Pitt. We're playing teams like Auburn instead of Pitt. Although I can't justify Temple except they are the second best team in Pennsylvania.

Why? Temple is a better game in that there are loads of alumni in Philadelphia/NJ/NYC that use that game as a way to see a PSU game. That's always been the case. Although the new Temple stadium capacity may limit the availability of tickets for PSU alums, i.e. if the PSU/Temple games are played in that stadium, vs at the Eagles stadium.

And when pitt made PSU alums buy season tickets in order to get a ticket to the game at pitt, that was a slap in the face and a scam if there ever was one. But the alums that burned the rest of those pitt season tickets had the right idea!!!

1476627_38205.jpg

garbage-fire.jpg

il_340x270.1294523285_7p6y.jpg

Last edited:
Why? Temple is a better game in that there are loads of alumni in Philadelphia/NJ/NYC that us that game as a way to see a PSU game. That's always been the case. Although the new Temple stadium capacity may limit the availability of tickets for PSU alums, i.e. if the PSU/Temple games are played in that stadium, vs at the Eagles stadium.

And when pitt made PSU alums buy season tickets in order to get a ticket to the game at pitt, that was a slap in the face and a scam if there ever was one. But the alums that burned the rest of those pitt season tickets had the right idea!!!

1476627_38205.jpg

garbage-fire.jpg

il_340x270.1294523285_7p6y.jpg
Because I believe our home and home games should be against good P5 teams, not G5 teams. But, that's my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Reactions: Pittski
Lair posters are agreeing with him that Ohio did, in fact, beat Buffalo last night. In football. Before their games tomorrow. It’s amazing.

Some of these people need to be subjects of a psychology study or something. It's amazing how warped the human mind can become, particularly when influenced in an anonymous, group-think environment.

Even if they did play each other last night........we beat Buffalo by 32, they beat an Ohio team with a sick QB by only 10. What exactly would an Ohio victory over Buffalo tell us, exactly?

And if they're making the case that Ohio beat up Buffalo LAST YEAR -- and thus, it's fairly predictive for this year considering teams don't change THAT much from year to year -- then I have only the following to say to them: 51-6.

ASS. BEATING. :eek:

Reactions: Gnat91

Let’s be honest, you’re a troll.

I'll admit that I beeped my horn at each of the pitt H2P team busses as I passed them on Rt.22 on the way home.... Anyone else pass them by?

Hopefully that is the last time I ever see them on that route.....

Reactions: odshowtime
I'll admit that I beeped my horn at each of the pitt H2P team busses as I passed them on Rt.22 on the way home.... Anyone else pass them by?

Hopefully that is the last time I ever see them on that route.....

They, like us, were all laughing at you, Greg.

Because I believe our home and home games should be against good P5 teams, not G5 teams. But, that's my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
Yes our H&H series should be against good P5 teams. That eliminates both Pitt and Temple.

``He’s like a rock star out there. He’s the man,’’ said New Jersey quarterback guru Tony Racioppi, who has worked extensively with Pickett. ``He has that charisma and players just gravitate to him. You listen to some of the older players there. Players rally around him. He’s the guy. You have fifth-year seniors talking about him being the leader, so that says it all right there.

``He’s like a rock star out there. He’s the man,’’ said New Jersey quarterback guru Tony Racioppi, who has worked extensively with Pickett. ``He has that charisma and players just gravitate to him. You listen to some of the older players there. Players rally around him. He’s the guy. You have fifth-year seniors talking about him being the leader, so that says it all right there.
Hey fan boy, what a douche you are. Now that you’ve found another hero are you going to be posting pictures of Kenny instead of Danny.

ADVERTISEMENT