ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Playing with anybody and beating anybody are completely different scenarios.

EDIT: Dave, you must have a faster connection than I do!!!!! :rolleyes:

I just saw something yesterday worth posting here. It’s rare to see someone wearing Pitt gear, because well they might as well wear a shirt that says “I failed at life”... anyway I saw someone with a dominate the state shirt, which grabbed my attention, and then I saw it was a Pitt shirt. Which is doubly hilarious because they apparently can’t come up with anything on their own, and they obviously don’t dominate the state. I just kept thinking it was like one of those super bowl loser shirts that they send to third world countries!

I just saw something yesterday worth posting here. It’s rare to see someone wearing Pitt gear, because well they might as well wear a shirt that says “I failed at life”... anyway I saw someone with a dominate the state shirt, which grabbed my attention, and then I saw it was a Pitt shirt. Which is doubly hilarious because they apparently can’t come up with anything on their own, and they obviously don’t dominate the state. I just kept thinking it was like one of those super bowl loser shirts that they send to third world countries!
Give the guy a break...his Dan Marino shirt finally gave out.

Temple fans probably laugh at Pitt fans in that shirt.

Pitt fans are quite possibly the least intelligent fans in any sport. Their thoughts are jaded by hatred.

It is quite comical they call the Big 10 overrated with only a few good teams while playing in the ACC coastal. There are probably at least 6 teams in the Big 10 that would go undefeated in the ACC coastal. For God sakes, Virginia was picked to win that conference. Maryland probably wishes they never left. They can’t even get to 4 wins now while recruiting better than they ever have. If Pitt played in the Big 10 east they would be fighting with Indiana and Maryland to stay above Rutgers

Last edited:
Working behind a line that appeared to improve by the snap, Pickett passed for a career-high 321 yards, including a 74-yard touchdown to Maurice Ffrench that gave Pitt (1-1) an early 10-point lead it never came close to squandering. A week after hitting on barely half of his 41 attempts while getting sacked four times, Pickett hit on 26 of 37 passes and was taken down just once.

“I just think we executed better all around, not just me,” Pickett said. “The offensive line blocked great. Receivers got open. Everything was just clicking.”

Ffrench finished with 10 receptions for 138 yards, both career bests. A.J. Davis ran for 89 yards for Pitt and Vincent Davis added 50 on the ground, including his first career touchdown that put the Panthers up 17-0 midway through the second quarter. That was more than enough cushion for a defense that kept the Bobcats (1-1) in check. Defensive tackle Jaylen Twyman finished with three of Pitt’s six sacks as the Panthers never let Ohio quarterback Nathan Rourke get going.

Dealing with the after effects of a fever that left him at less than 100%, Rourke hit on 15 of 27 passes for 177 yards and couldn’t make anything happen with his legs. Rourke, who ran for 75 yards in Ohio’s season opener against Rhode Island, finished with minus-43 yards on the ground. The Bobcats punted 10 times, finished with just 12 first downs and produced 212 total yards.

“It was a very, very frustrating game for all of us,” Ohio coach Frank Solich said. “When something like this happens to you, all you can do is go back to work.”

Ohio’s only real push came late in the third quarter when De’Montre Tuggle’s 7-yard touchdown run drew the Bobcats within 10. Ohio would get no closer. The Bobcats managed just one first down over their final three drives and Pitt’s size advantage up front wore Ohio down. The Panthers took over at the Pitt 7 with 7:05 remaining and never let the Bobcats get the ball back, bleeding the clock behind an offensive line that pushed Ohio around until the clock hit zero.

Puh lease. He would have started and played every second of every game there. If he starts for the best defense in the country he could start anywhere.
Hamlin and Ford are better than Wade. A LOT better. Ford is a POS, but he’s a much better safety than Wade.

Reactions: denniskembala
Pitt fans talking about our offense being bad. They just put up 17 points at home to a Division 2 school, Delaware.
Wonder if The Lair faithful noted that The Fightin Blue Hens lost to Elon by 35? They actually had a thread there after they shit the bed against Delaware complaining that they need weaker FBS teams on their schedule.

Working behind a line that appeared to improve by the snap, Pickett passed for a career-high 321 yards, including a 74-yard touchdown to Maurice Ffrench that gave Pitt (1-1) an early 10-point lead it never came close to squandering. A week after hitting on barely half of his 41 attempts while getting sacked four times, Pickett hit on 26 of 37 passes and was taken down just once.

“I just think we executed better all around, not just me,” Pickett said. “The offensive line blocked great. Receivers got open. Everything was just clicking.”

Ffrench finished with 10 receptions for 138 yards, both career bests. A.J. Davis ran for 89 yards for Pitt and Vincent Davis added 50 on the ground, including his first career touchdown that put the Panthers up 17-0 midway through the second quarter. That was more than enough cushion for a defense that kept the Bobcats (1-1) in check. Defensive tackle Jaylen Twyman finished with three of Pitt’s six sacks as the Panthers never let Ohio quarterback Nathan Rourke get going.

Dealing with the after effects of a fever that left him at less than 100%, Rourke hit on 15 of 27 passes for 177 yards and couldn’t make anything happen with his legs. Rourke, who ran for 75 yards in Ohio’s season opener against Rhode Island, finished with minus-43 yards on the ground. The Bobcats punted 10 times, finished with just 12 first downs and produced 212 total yards.

“It was a very, very frustrating game for all of us,” Ohio coach Frank Solich said. “When something like this happens to you, all you can do is go back to work.”

Ohio’s only real push came late in the third quarter when De’Montre Tuggle’s 7-yard touchdown run drew the Bobcats within 10. Ohio would get no closer. The Bobcats managed just one first down over their final three drives and Pitt’s size advantage up front wore Ohio down. The Panthers took over at the Pitt 7 with 7:05 remaining and never let the Bobcats get the ball back, bleeding the clock behind an offensive line that pushed Ohio around until the clock hit zero.
When does the book come out for that classic? I’d like to preorder.

How are you guys able to watch the game and the Pitt board at the same time?
Do you scamper between both, or just turn the sound off and watch the Pitt board?

Thread from one of the Einsteins in the Lair...... fans of the team that put up 10 against PSU..... For pitt it's the first team to 10 loses.... ;)

PSU/Iowa: first team to 10 wins
Discussion in 'Football Board' started by Sean Miller Fan, Yesterday at 8:22 PM.

1. Sean Miller FanAll P I T T !
    NewMaybe a 10-7 final?

1 Sean Miller Fan, Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Yes, it’s quite amusing that they are trashing Iowa and saying their offense is bad because they only scored 12 points against PSU...what did Pitt score against PSU???? Not a real smart group.

I'm waiting for the paperback version to be made available. Perhaps it will be packaged for sale with a commemorative key chain.

Too bad the book wasn't out before the 2018 pitt/PSU game. No one would want them and we could have burned them right along with the tickets to the remaining pitt home games we were forced to buy to get tickets to the PSU game at pitt's rented stadium..... :(:(:(

Yes, it’s quite amusing that they are trashing Iowa and saying their offense is bad because they only scored 12 points against PSU...what did Pitt score against PSU???? Not a real smart group.

But they had more yards! That is their rallying cry! More yards not how many points they score! The rest of college football has it all wrong.

Reactions: PSUfiji
How are you guys able to watch the game and the Pitt board at the same time?
Do you scamper between both, or just turn the sound off and watch the Pitt board?
I know it's hard for you to understand. See, we have jobs that allow us to be in an office an multi task.

I get that your pizza delivery job prevents you from posting and driving.

But they had more yards! That is their rallying cry! More yards not how many points they score! The rest of college football has it all wrong.

Not to mention that total yards is a meaningless statistic used by people who think they’re making a point. PSU out-gained them by a half yard per play.

Does the pitt fan realize they are only getting those votes in the poll because of psu being undefeated?

No, they are too busy claiming the big ten is overrated and only has 1 good team, yet want to complain how difficult their out of conference schedule is because they play a big 10 team.

I’m convinced there is no bigger collection of dipshits on the planet

James Connor on Sunday night football with the Steelers... and they run through the starting lineup and he says he's from Erie McDowell (high school). And not the U of pitt high school.... ;)

Last edited:
For the Lair folks lurking here. The following is Sagarin's computer ranking of the conferences...both the ACC divisions are ranked below the BIG West, while the BIG East is the 2nd strongest division in college football.

CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 83.55 83.59 ( 1) 7 83.56 ( 1)
2 BIG TEN-E (A) = 80.84 79.97 ( 2) 7 81.04 ( 2)
3 BIG 12 (A) = 79.81 79.65 ( 3) 10 79.76 ( 3)
4 PAC-12-N (A) = 78.33 78.61 ( 4) 6 78.51 ( 4)
5 SEC-EAST (A) = 77.77 76.85 ( 5) 7 77.41 ( 5)
6 PAC-12-S (A) = 75.17 75.28 ( 7) 6 75.24 ( 6)
7 BIG TEN-W (A) = 74.61 75.47 ( 6) 7 74.89 ( 7)
8 ACC-ATL (A) = 73.80 75.17 ( 8) 7 74.20 ( 8)
9 ACC-COA (A) = 73.30 72.12 ( 10) 7 72.42 ( 10)

10 AAC WEST (A) = 73.25 72.66 ( 9) 6 72.79 ( 9)
11 MWC-MTN (A) = 68.67 67.80 ( 11) 6 68.53 ( 11)
12 AAC EAST (A) = 65.83 65.37 ( 12) 6 65.76 ( 12)
13 MWC-WEST (A) = 62.98 63.04 ( 13) 6 63.03 ( 13)
14 MAC-WEST (A) = 61.51 62.07 ( 15) 6 61.97 ( 14)

For the Lair folks lurking here. The following is Sagarin's computer ranking of the conferences...both the ACC divisions are ranked below the BIG West, while the BIG East is the 2nd strongest division in college football.

CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 83.55 83.59 ( 1) 7 83.56 ( 1)
2 BIG TEN-E (A) = 80.84 79.97 ( 2) 7 81.04 ( 2)
3 BIG 12 (A) = 79.81 79.65 ( 3) 10 79.76 ( 3)
4 PAC-12-N (A) = 78.33 78.61 ( 4) 6 78.51 ( 4)
5 SEC-EAST (A) = 77.77 76.85 ( 5) 7 77.41 ( 5)
6 PAC-12-S (A) = 75.17 75.28 ( 7) 6 75.24 ( 6)
7 BIG TEN-W (A) = 74.61 75.47 ( 6) 7 74.89 ( 7)
8 ACC-ATL (A) = 73.80 75.17 ( 8) 7 74.20 ( 8)
9 ACC-COA (A) = 73.30 72.12 ( 10) 7 72.42 ( 10)

10 AAC WEST (A) = 73.25 72.66 ( 9) 6 72.79 ( 9)
11 MWC-MTN (A) = 68.67 67.80 ( 11) 6 68.53 ( 11)
12 AAC EAST (A) = 65.83 65.37 ( 12) 6 65.76 ( 12)
13 MWC-WEST (A) = 62.98 63.04 ( 13) 6 63.03 ( 13)
14 MAC-WEST (A) = 61.51 62.07 ( 15) 6 61.97 ( 14)
Last week the Coastal was below the American West. If Memphis had scored 3 more points, oe UConn wasn't one of the worst 3 team in CFB, the Coastal would still be 10th.

Reactions: JJTopp99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT