ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State vs. West Virginia - GAMEDAY THREAD

They aren't? Lol ok. When the DT room is the same guys as last yr, a comparison can be made.

The FACTS don't support your over-the-top hyperbolic claim - WVU had a total of 146 yards rushing on 40 rushing attempts. Half of those yards were by their QB on scrambles (Greene had 71 rushing yards on 15 attempts) - so WVU's RBs had 75 rushing yards on 25 attempts - a 3.0 ypc average (a below average number). Utterly laughable to claim our DL was dominated "up the gut" when WVU's RBs only averaged 3 yards per rushing attempt - utterly laughable.

Reactions: OaktonDave
The FACTS don't support your over-the-top hyperbolic claim - WVU had a total of 146 yards rushing on 40 rushing attempts. Half of those yards were by their QB on scrambles (Greene had 71 rushing yards on 15 attempts) - so WVU's RBs had 75 rushing yards on 25 attempts - a 3.0 ypc average (a below average number). Utterly laughable to claim our DL was dominated "up the gut" when WVU's RBs only averaged 3 yards per rushing attempt - utterly laughable.
Yeah WVU didn't dominate us in anyway. It's an exaggeration based on a preconceived concern. The run D was solid not great tonight. Not a huge concern though for week 1.

Reactions: OaktonDave
Only chance of beating Michigan is for the PSU DTs all of a sudden become better. That remains the weakness of this defense. Additionally J.J. McCarthy can run and PSU struggles with running QBs.
Yes because that 30 points they laid on ECU was really impressive. We scored 38 against a decent P5 team.

Long way off. Allar will be much better by then. As will the D.

I said all week WVU will play hard. And they did.
Yep. I was warning people. The game went about as I expected and predicted, actually.

But Allar is the real deal. Has we got those two FGs WV would have had to abandon the run game earlier and would have resulted in an easy win for us

Really??? WVU has a total of 117 yards rushing on 35 attempts (a 3.3 ypc average) - half of those yards are by QB Greene (57 yards on 12 scrambles). Hardly what you are claiming - WVU's RBs have gone for 60 yards on 23 carries (2.6 ypc).
There are stats..and then there is watching the game. WVU lost alot of yards when they tried edge. They had alot of success up the middle.

Yep. I was warning people. The game went about as I expected and predicted, actually.

But Allar is the real deal. Has we got those two FGs WV would have had to abandon the run game earlier and would have resulted in an easy win for us
I knew it was going to be a battle and I thought it would depend on how good Allar really is….he ended up showing that he’s really good. WVU is way better than some think they are.

There are stats..and then there is watching the game. WVU lost alot of yards when they tried edge. They had alot of success up the middle.
Some of WVU's best run were on the edge. You're creating something that wasn't truly there because you know it's a weakness. The defense was fine tonight agains the run up the middle.

Most impressive to me was Allar not only in his play but he was the first to run out for BP for his drives. I would grade him "DAMN". In a good way.

As usual, No 1 WR is go to and No 11 is also very good. Business as usual it seems for putting on a PSU uniform.

They went to Allar way more than I thought they would and he delivered.

All around, good opening game.

WVs RB was good. He ran hard all game.

You really are full of it.... $hit that is. WVU's primary RB Donaldson was not involved in any of the edge or trick plays you're talking about - he had 81 yards rushing on 18 rushing attempts (4.5 ypc), so-so at best and nothing like the bullshit you're claiming.

Allar and the Wrs looked better than expected in game 1 but the interior of the dline is still my concern. This was West Virginia’s super bowl and we did well enough to lead me to believe our floor this season is 10 wins. Not sure why kicking is our issue almost every freaking year!

Allar and the Wrs looked better than expected in game 1 but the interior of the dline is still my concern. This was West Virginia’s super bowl and we did well enough to lead me to believe our floor this season is 10 wins. Not sure why kicking is our issue almost every freaking year!
WR’s looked really good, but Drew had a lot to do with that…he kept plays alive giving them a chance to get open. I was really impressed with Allar.

If you look at the WVU schedule. I think they will do quite well imo.
Looking at their schedule I don't see anything close to 8 wins. FPI has the losing to Pitt, Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, Oklahoma State, UCF, Oklahoma and Baylor. They're also an underdog against Cincy last time I looked but it's basically a pick 'em.

Allar is the real deal. I was hesitant to go all in on him just because he was a five star recruit, but he’s really good and will get better.
Agree that he's really good and will get better but to be fair he could easily have had 2 INTs tonight. But he sure has a strong arm and I like the way he calmly steps up in the pocket.

Reactions: Online Persona
I agree. WVU runners are often like 5 yards down field before they even get touched. If that isn’t fixed, Ohio St and Michigan will torch this defense.
My god it’s the first game. RELAX. Numbers are fine but the only number that matters is points. The fact is WVU scored 7 points on the first team defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT