ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs the universe

McCloudersportLion

Sep 5, 2019
Not enough of you have this mindset. F being a top 5 research Uni. Knock all these Sandusky joking Texas Fukheds into next century

I've maintained it is the lack of a "killer instinct" in the PSU Fanbase that has kept this team out of the CFP for years. We need to be more mobile, agile and hostile. LOL
Not sure how the Fanbase can have a killer instinct....no other Fanbase is any more supportive of their team than we are. The coaching I will agree.....the administration, absolutely!

Not sure how the Fanbase can have a killer instinct....no other Fanbase is any more supportive of their team than we are. The coaching I will agree.....the administration, absolutely!
Sorry you missed my sarcasm. The fans don't mean crap.....when it comes to winning.

Reactions: Bob78
Sorry you missed my sarcasm. The fans don't mean crap.....when it comes to winning.
If only the coaches would listen to the expert fans, then the fans would mean something. Those coaches don’t know what’s best for them.

Yet to my onoging amazement, we still have a few BWI posters telling the rest of us that we should not talk or worry about any games except the upcoming opponent.
Apparently some posters think that many other posters are players and coaches?!

Reactions: marshall23
Funny line I heard about not allowing fans and parents into high school games... "then how will the coaches know they are doing everything wrong"?
Actually, I would imagine most schools are streaming the games....easy for them to work with the NFHS network. Fathers are likely taking notes and sending "suggestions" to the coaches or better texting them during the games.

Yet to my onoging amazement, we still have a few BWI posters telling the rest of us that we should not talk or worry about any games except the upcoming opponent.
Apparently some posters think that many other posters are players and coaches?!
Fan overconfidence and looking past the opponent of the week has long been a foil to team success.;)

Reactions: Bob78
Funny line I heard about not allowing fans and parents into high school games... "then how will the coaches know they are doing everything wrong"?
Running back's mom,"What aren't we running the ball",QB's dad "Why aren't we throwing the ball?.

Reactions: marshall23
Running back's mom,"What aren't we running the ball",QB's dad "Why aren't we throwing the ball?.
Everyone else after an unsuccessful run, “why aren’t we throwing the ball?” And after an unsuccessful pass. “Why aren’t we running the ball?”

Reactions: WyomingLion

All skill players' parents (while getting 7 yards/play) "Come on line! You have to block!"

Not sure how parents with kids on the line keep their cool during games. And don't even start with families of coaches....

All skill players' parents (while getting 7 yards/play) "Come on line! You have to block!"

Not sure how parents with kids on the line keep their cool during games. And don't even start with families of coaches....
When I was coaching we were at an away game and my offense was struggling. This field had fan access right behind our bench and along the sidelines. I was standing at the 30 yard line. I had signaled in my play and my A back went the wrong way. One of our parents standing Behind me started in on me. I had had enough of this guy. I turned around and handed him my call sheet and said “do you want to call them?” He said FU to me. I found out the next week he called our AD about me to complain and told the AD what I did. Our AD told the guy he was lucky that was all I did and was lucky I didn’t pop him. Lol

When I was coaching we were at an away game and my offense was struggling. This field had fan access right behind our bench and along the sidelines. I was standing at the 30 yard line. I had signaled in my play and my A back went the wrong way. One of our parents standing Behind me started in on me. I had had enough of this guy. I turned around and handed him my call sheet and said “do you want to call them?” He said FU to me. I found out the next week he called our AD about me to complain and told the AD what I did. Our AD told the guy he was lucky that was all I did and was lucky I didn’t pop him. Lol
You were very kind. In a similar situation I told a guy that I needed his opinion about as much as I needed another asshole.

Reactions: ewb75
I did that to a guy who got on me for “missing” a call as an umpire. To set context, I was coaching solo, keeping the “book”, and trying to umpire from behind the pitcher because the (paid) umpire didn’t show up. Play at the plate to end the inning, clearly out, I look down to record the play in the playbook and apparently the ball was dropped. Guy in bleachers stands up and starts screaming ... (this is Fall little league).

I walked straight toward him - never lost eye contact - luckily there was a backstop between us - said “you have 3 choices. 1) come out here and umpire, 2) be responsible for this game ending right now, 3) shut the hell up.”
He shut up and quietly moved off to watch from left field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT