ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Hockey 2020-21

A Dowd blast from the point gets a deflection from Limoges to tie it 1-1 at the 10 minute mark of the second period! badgers cry for a non-existent goalie interference to no avail.

Those two PP kills by PSU in the 1st were strong, including a couple of good shorty opportunities.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Tim Doherty buries the rebound for a 2-1 lead AND we get a 5 minute power play off of a head to head shot by the Badgers!

so you’re sayin there’s a chance????

1-1 after 2. Must score next goal for sure and feel for us to win, will need at least 3 goals. 🤞

Wiscy tied it off a face off but Tim Doherty absolutely rips a backhand through the five hole to take the 3-2 lead with under 8 minutes left in the game!

Tim Doherty buries the rebound for a 2-1 lead AND we get a 5 minute power play off of a head to head shot by the Badgers!

so you’re sayin there’s a chance????

Sam Sternschein just took an extra penalty off of some rough housing and we give up a power play to tie it 3-3 after ... wait for it... we fail to clear the puck again. ARRRRGGGHHHH. 5+ minutes left to go.

Wiscy tied it off a face off but Tim Doherty absolutely rips a backhand through the five hole to take the 3-2 lead with under 8 minutes left in the game!

And after multiple chances to win the game we are heading to OT at 3-3. Several big chances to salt this one away and couldn’t convert. Uneasy feeling going to OT.

Honestly not sure how that was not penalties on both teams rather than a PP for them. Grrr

Doesn’t need to be said since it is so Captain Obvious, however since I am superstitious when it comes to hockey

3-3 after regulation. Must score next goal for sure and feel for us to win, will need at least 4 goals. 🤞

Will be interesting to see the at large bids since PW is not huge criteria this year. I would like to see team get a bid, however I don’t think they will because that would mean 4 B1G teams would be in and I can see committee being reluctant to do that in this crazy season.

I still stand by the above but after taking a look, here is how I feel it should be broken down by conference:

NCHC: 4 or 5
B1G: 4 or 5
WCHA: 2 or 3
ECAC: 1
AH: 2
HEA: 2

It really comes down to how committee views every conference in terms of strength and no upsets in ECAC, AH, HEA. If B1G does get 4, is the 4th ND or PSU?

Last edited:
Hey STPGopher, you get to play against you beloved rival in the final :rolleyes: ! Go go Gophers!!
You are slipping. I expected this, because I now embrace it...
394.jpg

We wore Bucky out I guess. The ass kicking tonight though is not good for B1G. Could actually result in committee deciding neither ND nor Penn State deserves any real consideration. NCHC could end up with 5 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT