ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno's drop lawsuit vs NCAA

What I find sad about this whole mess is that almost everyone feels the need to disparage folks with different opinions. I very strongly disagree with a number of the folks on the board. But I realize that the delete key is my friend and I try to avoid personal insults. They do nothing to prove one's case and only serve to raise the level of incivility.

However, I do think that if the term Joe-bots is thrown around so much perhaps, we need a term for those who believe that our leadership acted correctly--nay exceptionally well--in this situation.

BOT-bots

;)
How about: "BOT Lickers"?

People were upset at Paterno from the moment the GJP was leaked. Freeh didn't have much to do with that.
But Paterno's GJ testimony did jive with Freeh's conclusion. If he was part of a conspiracy why on earth would he testified the way did?

But Paterno's GJ testimony did jive with Freeh's conclusion. If he was part of a conspiracy why on earth would he testified the way did?

you mean that he testified that an employee told him he saw something that was upsetting to him so Paterno followed PSU and NCAA policy in informing his boss and someone outside the sports reporting vertical?

I posted in an earlier thread why Coach Paterno testified as he did, but it bears repeating here:

Coach Paterno's testimony appears to be a mistake on his part (he is only human). A very elderly man by then with who knows how much memory of what transpired in 2001, he may have had some remaining misguided loyalty to his former player and current graduate assistant. Paterno may have wanted to not leave MM on an island with his "story", so he agreed to corroborate what MM told him before his testimony [including the "sexual nature" term], and he unfortunately did not take/receive sound legal advice to not do so (also perhaps stemming from misguided but completely understandable loyalty to his son).

Paterno did fortunately (out of his own remaining wisdom, or perhaps some just-good-enough legal counsel) couch his corroboration of MM's "story" with enough uncertainty to avoid perjuring himself, but it was still not the best decision to corroborate MM at all.

Reactions: pnnnylion
Hindsight bias, also known as the knew-it-all-along effect or creeping determinism, is the inclination, after an event has occurred, to see the event as having been predictable, despite there having been little or no objective basis for predicting it.
Hindsight bias - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias
They were advised to make the call and Spanier aknowleged that they were taking a risk by not doing so when he approved Tim's plan. You can't hide behind the hindsight excuse in this situation.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
They were advised to make the call and Spanier aknowleged that they were taking a risk by not doing so when he approved Tim's plan. You can't hide behind the hindsight excuse in this situation.
We were discussing Joe a moment ago. And Joe has never sought nor received the counsel of Wendell Courtney on this issue, so let's put that argument to bed.

If you'd like to discuss the others, we certainly can do so.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
You were responding oringinally to a post that I made regarding Spanier.
We were in fact discussing Joe Paterno.
And "The Paterno Hook" remains very much an issue.

People were upset at Paterno from the moment the GJP was leaked. Freeh didn't have much to do with that.

And the University's support was surely a catalyst.

No. It happened as soon as the GJP dropped. People read the details and were pissed. Spanier's defense of CS's actions only made things worse.

Well we sure showed him, huh? We used him right up until he was of no use to us.

That may be part of your Penn State, but it has no place in mine.

Maybe he should have protected PSU, then this wouldn't have happened?

By making a simple phone call.

Hindsight bias, also known as the knew-it-all-along effect or creeping determinism, is the inclination, after an event has occurred, to see the event as having been predictable, despite there having been little or no objective basis for predicting it.
Hindsight bias - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias

Somewhat true but they were also told to make the call.

When did Joe Paterno receive this legal counsel?

Not talking about Joe. Curley and Schultz did.

We were discussing Joe a moment ago. And Joe has never sought nor received the counsel of Wendell Courtney on this issue, so let's put that argument to bed.

If you'd like to discuss the others, we certainly can do so.
LaJolla has achieved "Troll" status. Please laminate the wallet card for him.

Reactions: boddyebsen
He hasn't achieved CDW/AK2/Route66/GetMyJive/IronDoc status, but he is certainly beyond just "trending".

Speaking of which:

Do any of those other circle-jerkers still post?
I've thinned them all from the herd quite some time ago.

He hasn't achieved CDW/AK2/Route66/GetMyJive/IronDoc status, but he is certainly beyond just "trending".

Speaking of which:

Do any of those other circle-jerkers still post?
I've thinned them all from the herd quite some time ago.
I'm pretty sure GetMyJizz is posting. It seems that Zenophile attempts to engage in "intellectual" discourse with him in this thread. I can't be certain because Jizz has been on the dungheap for a long time in my world.

Give it a rest Ziggy. Just because you don't like hearing something doesn't make one a troll. Nothing you quoted was out of line. It's tiring hearing you guys whine because people don't say what you want. Put another tampon in your mangina already. A troll would be someone like you calling me out simply because you cannot tolerate hearing another opinion like CSS made a mistake not calling DPW. You're a pu$$y in that sense.

Last edited:
We were in fact discussing Joe Paterno.
I wasn't but it's odd how some need to go there for everything. Joe is fine in my book and I rarely discuss him, but maybe you need some validation? I was and have been talking about Curley and Schultz not calling DPW in particular. IMO it was a mistake, but not criminal. Hopefully that clarifies my POV to you as other trolls like pnny, Barry, and Ziggy can't handle hearing such a thing.

Last edited:
Give it a rest Ziggy. Just because you don't like hearing something doesn't make one a troll. Nothing you quoted was out of line. It's tiring hearing you guys whine because people don't say what you want. Put another tampon in your mangina already. A troll would be someone like you calling me out simply because you cannot tolerate hearing another opinion like CSS made a mistake not calling DPW. You're a pu$$y in that sense.
Laminate it already! You're a shifty,nifty, crafty piece of dung that always modifies the subject with a different argument full of innuendo and subterfuge. Congratulations!
maxresdefault.jpg

Laminate it already! You're a shifty,nifty, crafty piece of dung that always modifies the subject with a different argument full of innuendo and subterfuge. Congratulations!
maxresdefault.jpg
When you cannot speak to a topic, this is what you do. Have another drink and shake it off in the morning. Sadly you really are a troll now. Oh well, you don't bring much to the table in terms if discussion of PSU football anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT