ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno's drop lawsuit vs NCAA

Brad908

Jul 12, 2012
“Its decision today, after years of investigation and discovery, to abandon its lawsuit rather than subject those facts to courtroom examination is telling,” NCAA chief legal officer Donald Remy said in a statement. ” We believe that the powerful record developed during discovery overwhelmingly confirmed what the NCAA has believed all along: the NCAA acted reasonably in adopting the conclusions of an eight-month investigation by Louis Freeh.”

“Its decision today, after years of investigation and discovery, to abandon its lawsuit rather than subject those facts to courtroom examination is telling,” NCAA chief legal officer Donald Remy said in a statement. ” We believe that the powerful record developed during discovery overwhelmingly confirmed what the NCAA has believed all along: the NCAA acted reasonably in adopting the conclusions of an eight-month investigation by Louis Freeh.”
it wasn't an investigation, it was an opinion!

AP
HARRISBURG, Pa. -- The family of Penn State ex-football coach Joe Paterno is dropping a lawsuit against the NCAA over its use of a report into the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal.

Paterno's estate, his son Jay and former assistant William Kenney discontinued their case on Friday. The NCAA said there was no payment involved.

The lawsuit had claimed that college sports' governing body damaged the Paterno estate's commercial interests through its use of a university-commissioned report by former FBI director Louis Freeh's team.

The report concluded that Joe Paterno, who died of lung cancer in 2012, and other administrators hushed up a 2001 complaint against Sandusky for fear of bad publicity.

Kenney and Jay Paterno claimed the Freeh report rendered them unable to find comparable coaching work.

Messages left for the Paternos and their lawyers were not immediately returned.

As I said before, we were fed a plate of bullshit. Every single person lied to us.

Whatever. I am willing to accept that perhaps the people whom we all thought were innocent in this mess, weren't.

It's now time to Move On.

1kl176.jpg

The Paterno's search for the Truth was on Par with OJ's search for the "Real Killer"..

Both were laughed at by the rest of the country
Asshole alert!

Reactions: jomouli23
As I said before, we were fed a plate of bullshit. Every single person lied to us.

Whatever. I am willing to accept that perhaps the people whom we all thought were innocent in this mess, weren't.

It's now time to Move On.

I thought you would never be apart of the move on crowd lurker?

I'm not! No way JVP knew and until someone provides PROOF I will take that to my grave and keep fighting.

I think that Joe did "know":

He knew about the '98 and '01 "incidents", that the appropriate people were notified and did investigations, and that nothing ever happened to Sandusky legally/criminally. That and having been around Sandusky for decades (assumedly every once in a while around Joe's own kids at a young age), Joe "knew" that Sandusky wasn't really a sexual predator. When everything hit in 2011, he was already near the end of his life and mental faculties, and he gave testimony according to the advice of his sons (way to go, Scotty) and perhaps out of misguided loyalty to his former player Mike McQueary, testimony that went along with the ongoing media/PC storm (completely initiated by Corbett's political vendetta against Spanier). All of his (and everyone else's) previous actions fit right in dealing with someone (Sandusky) who at WORST had boundary issues. The CSA allegations only came when Corbett decided to execute his vendetta and the checkbooks opened up.

Joe "knew", all right.

Joe knew better.

That really hurts, bro.

Other numbers that include a lot of zeroes:

Wick Sollers' back account over the last 5 years has risen by $10,000,000.

The Paterno family's ROI on that investment was $0.000000.
The number of dates you've been on, with actual females, in the last 15 years = 0.0

The combination of your engaging personality and "genetically-inherited overbite" effectively make you "undateable"

You might have better luck out in Denver with "some boys".:cool:

Does it really matter whether this case dragged on for more years. Public opinion is what it is. Spin it anyway you want to but the only thing left to win was monetary. Everything else has already been over turned. Even the Spanier, Curly trial was bargained to misdemeanors. Victories were returned, NCAA penalties reversed, recommended procedures to handle a similar situation are as JVP handled it, etc... let Sue live in peace. Those in the know, know the truth. Yes, move on.... the BOT and the state of Pa are the losers and the ones disgraced.

The Paterno's didn't have the financial assets to fight this ad infinitum. Period. This is a fact from someone in the know (1 degree of separation). To frame this as culpability and you would be dumber than a tOSU grad. If I ever run into "Donald Remy" from the NCAA...an excerpt from the movie "Saw" will seem like "Bambi". I won't forget that name. I am in and out of Indianapolis often. Donald Remy. Donald Remy, Donald Remy.....

Is the timing somehow related to Jay taking a seat on the BOT today? Just asking????

Will anyone ever write their truth of this entire saga? I don't need the truth anymore because I'll never get it. I'll settle for one of the main player's version. Something. Anything.
I have a feeling that more will come out as the years go by. It's just speculation, but perhaps Tim is writing something to be published upon his death, or Spanier is writing a book. I doubt it will change the narrative, but it may offer a self-serving declaration of the reasons for the proponent's actions, or lack thereof.

Reactions: step.eng69
Will anyone ever write their truth of this entire saga? I don't need the truth anymore because I'll never get it. I'll settle for one of the main player's version. Something. Anything.
Jerry molested children. Witch hunt occurs as BoT fires Joe. People that knew of a first accusation somehow thought it was a good idea to tell Jerry, his charity, and not DPW. This allows cover up narrative to occur, but hey blame MM works for everyone else here.

ADVERTISEMENT