ADVERTISEMENT

Freeh Resolution

Well that only stands to reason. Money is always a limiting resource in near everything in life and that helps define in this case what full and complete was. Doesn't mean that if the budget was bigger and they continued on that the results would have been different.
FactFreehs number one Conclusion was that there was a concerted cover-up by PSSC. That has been shredded so many times over by media and including the corrupt court system that You still wish to hang your hat
On it being a credible report? You illustrate you ignorance right there.

FactFreehs number one Conclusion was that there was a concerted cover-up by PSSC. That has been shredded so many times over by media and including the corrupt court system that You still wish to hang your hat
On it being a credible report? You illustrate you ignorance right there.

On what page of his report does he say that? I'd like to know. Seriously.

Question for Lubrano:

Since the subject of interviews came up in this thread...I noticed McChesney's notes mention an interview with Venturino where it says "Sick culture....weird culture." These are summary notes of the interview with him...the full interview isn't public. Do you know if these were Venturino's words or the interviewers interpretation of what he was saying?

Reactions: Bob78
You had a point? Refresh my memory. Seriously.

Wow, that took an edit? Sad. I'm not helping you learn. On ignore you go.

I implore everyone, don't feed the troll. No one is that out of touch, even Pitt fans. Put him on ignore and forget about him. If everyone does it, and stops responding, we ruin his sad form of fun.

Reactions: marshall23
Question for Lubrano:

Since the subject of interviews came up in this thread...I noticed McChesney's notes mention an interview with Venturino where it says "Sick culture....weird culture." These are summary notes of the interview with him...the full interview isn't public. Do you know if these were Venturino's words or the interviewers interpretation of what he was saying?

Not his words and not a summary.

Thanks Anthony. Is there anything more you can say about that? Do you think there is any way of making the actual interviews public with names redacted?

Unfortunately not except that Freeh was very selective in his choice of references in the Report. In other words, he chose to ignore exculpatory evidence and more importantly he chose to reach conclusions not on a preponderance of the evidence he reviewed.

We now clearly understand his primary objective was to grab $$$ from PSU in an effort to curry favor with the NCAA. This is indisputable.

So I binge watched the Epstein series on Netflix and didn't really follow it before too much. I was surprised to find that Alan Dershowitz was tight with Epstein. Then I remembered I saw this at some point. Like someone here said before, what is the OGBOT hiding?

Investigation By Former FBI Director Louis Freeh Concludes That The Totality Of The Evidence Refutes Allegations Made Against Professor Dershowitz

NEWS PROVIDED BY

Wiley Rein LLP
Apr 08, 2016, 07:57 ET

WASHINGTON, April 8, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Professor Alan M. Dershowitz today issued the following statement regarding the results of the independent investigation conducted by former FBI Director Louis Freeh of sexual misconduct allegations made against Prof. Dershowitz.

STATEMENT OF PROFESSOR ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ

I am gratified by the statement by former federal judge and former FBI Director Louis Freeh set forth below. Following his independent investigation of the sexual misconduct accusations made against me, it concludes that in Judge Freeh's professional opinion, "The totality of the evidence found during the investigation refutes the allegations made against Professor Dershowitz."

STATEMENT OF LOUIS J. FREEH

Over the past several months, an independent investigation was conducted, under my supervision, by former senior federal law enforcement officials. We interviewed many witnesses and reviewed thousands of pages of documentary evidence. Our investigation found no evidence to support the accusations of sexual misconduct against Professor Dershowitz. In fact, in several instances, the evidence directly contradicted the accusations made against him.

In my opinion, the totality of the evidence found during the investigation refutes the allegations made against Professor Dershowitz.

Link: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...e-against-professor-dershowitz-300248841.html

Executive summary

I see no use of the word "cover up" in the executive summary.
Executive summary

So tell me then. If the media shredded Freeh's "primary conclusion" that there was a "concerted cover up" as you described it, why were CSS charged with crimes and why did they serve time in jail (Spanier skating on a technicality? I guess the media got it wrong. No?

Reactions: WHCANole

So tell me then. If the media shredded Freeh's "primary conclusion" that there was a "concerted cover up" as you described it, why were CSS charged with crimes and why did they serve time in jail (Spanier skating on a technicality? I guess the media got it wrong. No?
What was the primary conclusion of the report?

Curley and Schulz were charged with crimes before the report. Spaniel was charged afterwards. The media had nothing to do with either. Nobody spent any time in jail. The technicality you refer to is the US constitution.

For a fella that Claims to know a lot about the factFreeh report, you surely know very little about it.

Reactions: ouirpsu
He didn’t talk to the main people the report focused on however, did he? Except for Spanier a couple days before the report was released? He could have talked to 5 million people but if he didn’t talk to the most important people the report is pretty useless.
Is this Hugh dude the old Cruisin 66? He is equally as clueless.

200 million ... the number is over 500 million and was 100% the result of poor leadership by the board and in the university post C/S/S. A spec of backbone and this would not have cost PSU but some lawyer fees.
Exactly - others were accused and convicted of far worse and have paid much less of a price (MSU, O$U)

What crimes regarding cover ups and conspiracies did anyone serve time for? Or even get convicted for?

Because the documents speak for themselves. I'm still waiting to hear what the tree Amigos could possibly have said that would have impeached what they had already memorialized. Please tell me. Interviews would have been synonymous with shooting an already dead horse. What would be the point?
You haven't seen the underlying documents which do speak for themselves. Freeh's document is an opinion piece written with a pre-conceived conclusion that ignores any evidence that doesn't support his thesis.

Something doesn't add up with this "Hugh Laurie" person. He/she clearly knows what's transpired and been discussed on this board over the past decade (and even admits it), but he/she only has something like 325 posts, which is highly inconsistent with the number of posts he/she has made in just this one thread. There's also something familiar with the logic he/she is using to support Freeh. I feel like I've seen it before.
I also swear that the number of posts on this account changed in the past couple of days. When I was trying to figure out who this asshat was last week I really thought the number of posts was in the thousands. Something is fishy.

Reactions: ouirpsu
You haven't seen the underlying documents which do speak for themselves. Freeh's document is an opinion piece written with a pre-conceived conclusion that ignores any evidence that doesn't support his thesis.
One doesn't even need the Freeh source materials to reach that conclusion. The body of the published Freeh report is insufficient to support the executive summary findings. Of course since the press conference was held minutes after releasing the report nobody could even read anything other than the executive summary in time to ask questions about it. The way it was managed pretty much guaranteed things stated in the exec summary and corresponding presser would be the narrative, no matter what was in the rest of the report. I seem to remember than many posters here wanted the report to go public without going to the BOT first, which was a mistake. While unlikely based on what we know of the BOT, it's possible they may have asked for revisions to the exec summary before it went public if given the opportunity to do so. And Freeh would have likely complied consider that's who was writing the checks for his team.

One doesn't even need the Freeh source materials to reach that conclusion. The body of the published Freeh report is insufficient to support the executive summary findings. Of course since the press conference was held minutes after releasing the report nobody could even read anything other than the executive summary in time to ask questions about it. The way it was managed pretty much guaranteed things stated in the exec summary and corresponding presser would be the narrative, no matter what was in the rest of the report. I seem to remember than many posters here wanted the report to go public without going to the BOT first, which was a mistake. While unlikely based on what we know of the BOT, it's possible they may have asked for revisions to the exec summary before it went public if given the opportunity to do so. And Freeh would have likely complied consider that's who was writing the checks for his team.
Oh, I agree. But Captain Dumbass was saying the document (Freeh report) speaks for itself, so I just was riffing on that verbiage.

On what page of his report does he say that? I'd like to know. Seriously.
Inspector Clouseau. Perhaps you need to learn to read.

Page 14
"These men concealed Sandusky's activities from the Board of Trustees, the University community and authorities"

As other have pointed out to you, that statement has been shown to be absolute and positively false in the court of law. There is a Spanier trial transcript in which Dr Jack openly admits under oath that he was informed of the Lasch building incident.

I also swear that the number of posts on this account changed in the past couple of days. When I was trying to figure out who this asshat was last week I really thought the number of posts was in the thousands. Something is fishy.

Cruisin 66 is back among us with his window a/c units and hopes of 1 day belonging to Jasna Polana and flying in G-5's...

Reactions: Zenophile
Inspector Clouseau. Perhaps you need to learn to read.

Page 14
"These men concealed Sandusky's activities from the Board of Trustees, the University community and authorities"

As other have pointed out to you, that statement has been shown to be absolute and positively false in the court of law. There is a Spanier trial transcript in which Dr Jack openly admits under oath that he was informed of the Lasch building incident.

Interesting thing about that statement is even if they thought that Sandusky were engaged in sexual abuse, divulging that to "the Board of Trustees and the University community" would not have been an appropriate course of action. But it does grab headlines.

A lot of bad stuff has occurred but a positive outcome would be getting the PA OAG straightened out.

The operative word is would be. I don’t have any confidence that Pennsylvania or AG Josh Shapiro wants to get the OAG straightened out. I think it will take the feds to get involved to expose the extent of the OAG misconduct.

If Superior Court orders evidentiary hearings in Sandusky’s appeal, then we are in business. To date, the Pennsylvania judiciary has been disinclined to get involved. It should be very interesting to see how things play out.

Reactions: PSUfiji and PSU2UNC
Very interesting search warrant podcast interview with John Zimmerman who was indicted by Tom Corbett/Frank Fina in the Computergate scandal. He didn't do anything wrong and charges were dropped after he was prevented from being a witness in other cases. He believes that he was targeted because he worked for John Perzel, a Republican rival of Tom Corbett who was looking at running for Governor against Corbett. Zimmerman had no love lost for Fina and said that Fina's first question to him when he was interviewed after he was indicted was about what he knew of the sex room in the capital building and it seemed to him that Fina was obsessed by sex.

Zimmerman said he was naive in believing that criminal cases should be decided by the facts in the case and not the prosecutor's political agenda. He said that some grand jury information was ignored. He said that Fina manipulated the public which was influencing the future jury pool.

Snedden pointed out the similarities with the Computergate case Penn State case included that Corbett wanted Perzel out of the way and also wanted Spanier out of the way and that charges were filed against Zimmerman to prevent him from being a witness when charges were filed against Curley and Schultz to prevent them from being witnesses. In addition both cases were motivated by a political agenda as opposed to finding the truth. Zimmerman said the public should be concerned as he stated that "What they [the OAG] did to me, they could do to anyone."

Snedden pointed out that the OAG has become a politically weaponized arm of state government and that the OAG is incapable of policing themselves. He said that what is needed is an investigation by an independent arm of the federal government.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...sodeGuid=5d5886b9-d440-4c03-942d-ff6c20b3fa14

Very interesting search warrant podcast interview with John Zimmerman who was indicted by Tom Corbett/Frank Fina in the Computergate scandal. He didn't do anything wrong and charges were dropped after he was prevented from being a witness in other cases. He believes that he was targeted because he worked for John Perzel, a Republican rival of Tom Corbett who was looking at running for Governor against Corbett. Zimmerman had no love lost for Fina and said that Fina's first question to him when he was interviewed after he was indicted was about what he knew of the sex room in the capital building and it seemed to him that Fina was obsessed by sex.

Zimmerman said he was naive in believing that criminal cases should be decided by the facts in the case and not the prosecutor's political agenda. He said that some grand jury information was ignored. He said that Fina manipulated the public which was influencing the future jury pool.

Snedden pointed out the similarities with the Computergate case Penn State case included that Corbett wanted Perzel out of the way and also wanted Spanier out of the way and that charges were filed against Zimmerman to prevent him from being a witness when charges were filed against Curley and Schultz to prevent them from being witnesses. In addition both cases were motivated by a political agenda as opposed to finding the truth. Zimmerman said the public should be concerned as he stated that "What they [the OAG] did to me, they could do to anyone."

Snedden pointed out that the OAG has become a politically weaponized arm of state government and that the OAG is incapable of policing themselves. He said that what is needed is an investigation by an independent arm of the federal government.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...sodeGuid=5d5886b9-d440-4c03-942d-ff6c20b3fa14

^^^this is highly disturbing, but not surprising, for anyone who has gotten a glimpse into the criminal "justice" system in the last 20 years. Ruining people's lives for political gain is the rule and NOT the exception. Not to highjack the thread, but this is why people are rioting. Once the CJ system has you on record and in their sights, there is no escape. Key point above, is that this infers he was charged so he could not testify. I would suggest that Curley and Shultz were similarly charged but they didn't realize it would make international news. It is also why the govt spent tens of millions on their cases only to get a minor misdemeanor.

Last edited:
Yes the criminal justice system is whacked, and yes certain political parties have taken to weaponizing it after they were voted out of power.

We differ on the "this is why people are rioting" thought though. Some of those rioting are fringe whackjobs who split their time between their mom's basement playing video games and looking for someone to blame because they have not become instantly successful at the age of 17-24. Some more of that rioting group are just plain old disrespectful youth who have been trapped into a system of welfare dependency by failed policies. I would say pretty close to .00002% of those doing property damage are protesting a failed Grand Jury system.

Reactions: psu7113
Yes the criminal justice system is whacked, and yes certain political parties have taken to weaponizing it after they were voted out of power.

We differ on the "this is why people are rioting" thought though. Some of those rioting are fringe whackjobs who split their time between their mom's basement playing video games and looking for someone to blame because they have not become instantly successful at the age of 17-24. Some more of that rioting group are just plain old disrespectful youth who have been trapped into a system of welfare dependency by failed policies. I would say pretty close to .00002% of those doing property damage are protesting a failed Grand Jury system.
I believe you are kidding yourself if you believe the problems are the failed grand jury system. That is the smallest part of the mess that law enforcement mess has become:
  • Police that have come to believe that they are not liable for criminal and civil remediations for actions they undertook while on the job (and, often, while not on the job)
  • The Unions that negotiated these special situations
  • Prosecutors that want to prosecute for anything using any means available to get a conviction
  • Politicians that have aligned themselves with this as a way to win at politics and gain a way to make more money for their community
  • DA's who are former police, prosecutors and politicians that align and ride to larger offices
  • Probation systems that are almost impossible to navigate
  • The length of time one has to endure to fight charges, unconstitutional, and not being able to hold down a job while a felony lingers over your head.
I'll stop there and quit responding to this thread to not hijack it. But "the system" is complete and totally corrupt from a low end weed user to Tim Curly to Frank Fina. I am 100% certain of it and it is, perhaps, the second largest problem this country faces today (to COVID 19).

Last edited:

Snedden didn't know OAG from PAG.
On the Penn State campus in 2012, with national security at stake, that's just what Special Agent Snedden did on behalf of the U.S. government. And instead of finding a sex scandal or a cover-up in the cold case he was investigating in Happy Valley, Snedden said he discovered ample evidence of a "political hit job."So Snedden began his job by starting at the beginning. By going back eleven years, to 2001, when Mike McQueary made his famous trip to the Penn State locker room. Where McQueary supposedly heard and saw a naked Jerry Sandusky cavorting in the showers with a young boy.

But there was a problem. In the beginning, Snedden said, McQueary "told people he doesn't know what he saw exactly." McQueary said he heard "rhythmic slapping sounds" in the shower, Snedden said.

"I've never had a rape case successfully prosecuted based only on sounds, and without credible victims and witnesses," Snedden said.

"I don't think you can say he's credible," Snedden said about McQueary. Why? Because he told "so many different stories," Snedden said. McQueary's stories about what he thought he saw or heard in the shower ranged from rough horseplay and/or wrestling all the way up to sex.

Which story, Snedden asked, do you want to believe?

"None of it makes any sense," Snedden said about McQueary's tale. "It's not a credible story."

Back in 2001, Snedden said, Mike McQueary was a 26-year-old, 6-foot-5, 240-pound former college quarterback used to running away from 350-pound defensive linemen.

If McQueary actually saw Jerry Sandusky raping a young boy in the shower, Snedden said, he probably would have done something to stop it.

"I think your moral compass would cause you to act and not just flee," Snedden said.

If McQueary really thought he was witnessing a sexual assault on a child, Snedden said, wouldn't he have gotten between the victim and a "wet, defenseless naked 57-year-old guy in the shower?"

Or, if McQueary decided he wasn't going to physically intervene, Snedden said, then why didn't he call the cops from the Lasch Building? The locker room where McQueary supposedly saw Sandusky with the boy in the showers.

When he was a baby NCIS agent, Snedden said, a veteran agent who was his mentor would always ask the same question.

"So John," the veteran agent would say, "Where is the crime?"

At Penn State, Snedden didn't find one.

Working on behalf of FIS, Snedden wrote a 110-page report, all in capital letters, where he catalogued the evidence that led him to conclude that McQueary wasn't a credible witness.

In his report, Snedden interviewed Thomas G. Poole, Penn State's vice president for administration. Poole told Snedden he was in Graham Spanier's office when news of the Penn State scandal broke, and Penn State's then-senior Vice President Gary Schultz came rushing in.

Schultz blurted out that "McQueary never told him this was sexual," Snedden wrote. Schultz was shocked by what McQueary told the grand jury, Snedden wrote.

"He [McQueary] told the grand jury that he reported to [Schultz] that this was sexual," Schultz told Poole and Spanier.

"While speaking, Schultz shook his head back and forth as in disbelief," Snedden wrote about Poole's observations. Poole "believes it appeared there was a lot of disbelief in the room regarding this information."

"I've never had a rape victim or a witness to a rape tell multiple stories about how it happened," Snedden said. "If it's real it's always been the same thing."

But that's not what happened with McQueary. And Snedden thinks he knows why.

"In my view, the evolution of what we saw as a result of Mike McQueary's interview with the AG's office" was the transformation of a story about rough horseplay into something sexual, Snedden said.
"I think it would be orchestrated by them," Snedden said about the AG's office, which has not responded to multiple requests for comment.

In Snedden's report, he interviewed Schuyler J. McLaughlin, Penn State's facility security officer at the university's applied research laboratory. McLaughlin, a former NCIS agent himself, as well as a lawyer, told Snedden that McQueary initially was confused by what he saw.

"What McQueary saw, apparenty it looked sexual to him and he may have been worried about what would happen to him," Snedden wrote. "Because McQueary wanted to keep his job" at Penn State.
[McLaughlin] "believes Curley and Schultz likely asked tough questions and those tough questions likely caused McQueary to question what he actually saw," Snedden wrote. McLaughlin "believes that after questioning, McQueary likely did not know what he actually saw," Snedden wrote. "And McQueary "probably realized he could not prove what he saw."

There was also confusion over the date of the alleged shower incident. At the grand jury, McQueary testified that it took place on March 1, 2002. But at the Sandusky trial, McQueary changed the date of the shower incident to Feb. 9, 2001.

Being charged and convicted based on a law that did not exist at the time is not a “technicality.” Try again.

I believe you are kidding yourself if you believe the problems are the failed grand jury system. That is the smallest part of the mess that law enforcement mess has become:
  • Police that have come to believe that they are liable for criminal and civil remediations for actions they undertook while on the job (and, often, while not on the job)
  • The Unions that negotiated these special situations
  • Prosecutors that want to prosecute for anything using any means available to get a conviction
  • Politicians that have aligned themselves with this as a way to win at politics and gain a way to make more money for their community
  • DA's who are former police, prosecutors and politicians that align and ride to larger offices
  • Probation systems that are almost impossible to navigate
  • The length of time one has to endure to fight charges, unconstitutional, and not being able to hold down a job while a felony lingers over your head.
I'll stop there and quit responding to this thread to not hijack it. But "the system" is complete and totally corrupt from a low end weed user to Tim Curly to Frank Fina. I am 100% certain of it and it is, perhaps, the second largest problem this country faces today (to COVID 19).

@Obliviax - I don't think you need to worry about hijacking the thread. Your post seem to be on topic relative to Anthony's initial post on his proposed Freeh resolution. There have not been many posts of late in this thread and your posts get to the bottom of why things have happened they way that they have in this sordid saga imho.

Just curious but what qualifies you to assert that the Freeh report and his opinion aren't accurate? Can you prove they aren't? I can only go by what the document says while you and others assert conspiracy theories and idle speculations from a decade ago. The onus is on you to prove your're right and that I'm not. Further, Freeh proffered an opinion. For me, his opinion holds more weight than the neigh sayers, he being a former FBI agent, director of the Bureau, and federal judge. Four men were charged and were ether found or pleaded guilty. Supports Freeh's opinion doesn't it.
So, who are you related to on the OGBOT?

Excerpts from a 2017 Penn Live article:

"The judge said Spanier, 70, should not have been charged for 2001 actions under revisions to the law enacted in 2007, and gave prosecutors three months to retry him. On Wednesday, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro said he would appeal."

"Spanier was also forced out as president in November 2011, shortly after Sandusky’s arrest, and was himself charged a year later with a criminal cover-up. In 2017, he was convicted of a single misdemeanor count of child endangerment."

Under a separation agreement, Spanier was able to collect a total of about $3.7 million in salary as a tenured professor through the fall of 2017. Since then, he has been paid a salary the school will not disclose

Anthony Lubrano, a former Penn State trustee critical of how the school’s administration handled the Sandusky scandal, said Spanier deserves whatever the university has paid him.

"I think Spanier's payments over the last seven years, as far as Spanier's concerned, were very justified," Lubrano said. "His reputation has been irreparably harmed, and you don't get that back."

So Lubrano thinks it was OK to pay Spanier millions of dollars for his malfeasance and stupidity which likely cost the university $200+M. And Lubrano gets elected again? WTF
So, what member of the OGBOT do you answer to? Who is paying for you to be a kept concubine? Nothing to do while your master actually works for a living, so you come onto this site and "make shit up" to try to protect your master?

Reactions: Petch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT