ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno's drop lawsuit vs NCAA

If they knew not reporting was the best course of action, then why did they get legal advice to report it and why was it in their plan?

Most people have difficulty dealing with ambiguity, go back and forth, change their minds umpteen times, and then do nothing. This was not a coldly rational, well-thought-out situation. We can say what we would have done, or what we thought they should have done, but only because we weren't part of the cast.

Most people have difficulty dealing with ambiguity, go back and forth, change their minds umpteen times, and then do nothing. This was not a coldly rational, well-thought-out situation. We can say what we would have done, or what we thought they should have done, but only because we weren't part of the cast.
I agree with that. But they also received advice from WC that reporting it was the best course of action even if there was not a technical legal requirement to do so.

Strange. No reference to any of that anywhere else. And even more strange that a DA would agree to something like that, especially if they believed JS was a pedophile. Doesn't seem very believable.

I didn't think so initially. But then the GJ report on the Altoona Diocese came out and detailed arrangements made between the county DA and the Church. Accused priests would get sent to facilities under the guise of "sick leave" where they'd have reports drawn up claiming they weren't pedophiles but they'd discretely receive treatment (think Seasock). This was a common way of handling pedophile priests when they'd get reported to law enforcement that was sympathetic to the Church and didn't want to expose it to public damage.

Unfortunately there's a lot of precedent to this. If you saw the movie Spotlight when the DA goes into the police station. It was. Very common way of handling this before the early 2000s.

I certainly didn't have to Google it, I remember when people used it....it's just been about 40 years, that's all. If you like something do you call it "swell"? Do you still use groovy as well?

Looks like Osprey was on another bender. If you were him, you might be on one too.

I agree with that. But they also received advice from WC that reporting it was the best course of action even if there was not a technical legal requirement to do so.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it was my impression that Gary spoke to WC before he and Tim spoke to MM.
Mike called Dad from Lasch on the night in question. Dad's advice? Come home.
After listening to what Mike had to say that night. Dranov heard nothing that he felt required a report to LE or CYS.
JVP simply referred MM to TC and GS.
If MM told TC and GS what he told Dad and Dr. D., why is it strange that they heard nothing that required a call to LE or CYS?
It is very unlikely that MMs version 10 years removed resembled his initial story. I continue to urge everyone to find a sketch of the layout of the Lasch coaches locker room.

Just because somebody thinks Joe had some blame is all of this doesn't make them a pitt fan. It's amazing how black and white JoeBots make things.
I'm hardly a JoeBot (stupid term by the way). And it's not that posters think that way, it's the great joy they take in blaming Joe and the university. And the fact that they can't see anything but negative stuff about Joe and the university...that's what Pitt fans do.

You are a Joebot and not bright enough to realize that fact.
And you're a moron and not bright enough to realize it. If giving Joe the benefit of the doubt due to a complete lack of anything concrete makes me a JoeBot, then so be it. I think it just makes me rational. Now off to the Pitt board with you, little buddy.

Looks like Osprey was on another bender. If you were him, you might be on one too.

The crybaby salesman is back. I'm sure when you ponder your lot in life, reaching for a
bottle is your first thought. Look on the bright side. At least your job doesn't
require any thought, just copious amounts of B.S. If it required the former, you would be a
complete failure instead of just an average one.

The crybaby salesman is back. I'm sure when you ponder your lot in life, reaching for a
bottle is your first thought. Look on the bright side. At least your job doesn't
require any thought, just copious amounts of B.S. If it required the former, you would be a
complete failure instead of just an average one.

I'm fine. More than fine. Earned a lot in my time... unlike you.

Enjoy taking for another decade or so. You are an expert at it.

In the mean time, we will wait for for "Walter Asshole" to be added to the library... Since you've given soooooooooooo much....

I'm fine. More than fine. Earned a lot in my time... unlike you.

Enjoy taking for another decade or so. You are an expert at it.

In the mean time, we will wait for for "Walter Asshole" to be added to the library... Since you've given soooooooooooo much....

So you say. But everyone knows that salesmen can't be believed.

Reactions: PharmD Blue
Another example of your inability to have a rational thought. You should stick to
the nut board where you and the other Buttsniffer can exchange stories.

Most of us got a girl without filling out an application and paying a fee.

Sadly, you've become more bitter and ugly. It' s not too late. Get some therapy. We're all paying for it.

And you're a moron and not bright enough to realize it. If giving Joe the benefit of the doubt due to a complete lack of anything concrete makes me a JoeBot, then so be it. I think it just makes me rational. Now off to the Pitt board with you, little buddy.

There is plenty of concrete. It is located in the heads of the cult members.

You came here, dissed my wife then call me "bitter and ugly". Funny stuff even for a low
life.

I dissed you. Let's get that straight. And yes, you are bitter and ugly. Far worse 2 or 3 years ago.

My wife is now laughing at you. She saw me laughing while typing and asked. I told her the story of "Walter".....

I dissed you. Let's get that straight. And yes, you are bitter and ugly. Far worse 2 or 3 years ago.

My wife is now laughing at you. She saw me laughing while typing and asked. I told her the story of "Walter".....

How hard does she laugh when she has to clean the turds off your nose when
you get home from "work".

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it was my impression that Gary spoke to WC before he and Tim spoke to MM.
After listening to what Mike had to say that night. Dranov heard nothing that he felt required a report to LE or CYS.
If MM told TC and GS what he told Dad and Dr. D., why is it strange that they heard nothing that required a call to LE or CYS?
It is very unlikely that MMs version 10 years removed resembled his initial story. I continue to urge everyone to find a sketch of the layout of the Lasch coaches locker room.
We obviously don't have all of the information but based on what we think we know, WC advised Schultz to report it after their meeting. That advice was based on what Gary shared with him following the meeting with JVP. Based on Gary's notes, it seemed like reporting it was optional at that point. Gary and Tim subsequently meet with Mike. Days after that meeting with Mike, Gary's email to Tim indicates a plan to report to DPW. So it seems something, the meeting with Mike or something else, changed it from being optional reporting. Tim then changed the plan after meeting with JVP.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
We obviously don't have all of the information but based on what we think we know, WC advised Schultz to report it after their meeting. That advice was based on what Gary shared with him following the meeting with JVP. Based on Gary's notes, it seemed like reporting it was optional at that point. Gary and Tim subsequently meet with Mike. Days after that meeting with Mike, Gary's email to Tim indicates a plan to report to DPW. So it seems something, the meeting with Mike or something else, changed it from being optional reporting. Tim then changed the plan after meeting with JVP.
http://www.pacourtwatch.com/2017/06/26/money-laundering-behind-judicial-corruption/

Maybe we should be talking more about things such as this:

StateCollege.com
1462492.jpg

Concerns Raised Over Reports of Centre County Judge Removing Documents From Public Files

By Michael Martin Garrett, 01/21/2015, 6:00 AM

Questions have been raised by Centre County officials about whether Centre County Judge Bradley Lunsford properly handled and preserved court documents.

According to Centre County Solicitor Louis Glantz, Lunsford removed documents from the public files of several criminal cases. Each of the cases in question included an attempt to remove Lunsford as the judge presiding over the case.

In one of those cases, Lunsford had also previously been accused of bias and giving prosecutors preferential treatment. In that case from Oct. 2014, Lunsford sentenced a State College woman, Jalene McClure, to up to 20 years in prison following her conviction for aggravated assault of a child.

Bernard Cantorna, the defense attorney in the McClure case, objected and filed a post-sentencing motion demanding to have a new trial with a different judge. Cantorna's motion included evidence that he claims demonstrates an inappropriately close relationship between Lunsford and the office of Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller. Cantorna believes that may have given the appearance of bias and prejudiced the court against his client.

Sponsored by
Cantorna's motions were ultimately denied, and some of the evidence he submitted was stricken from the record, leading to questions about whether Lunsford attempted to remove documents from public files.

Glantz says he was contacted by the Centre County Prothonotary’s Office in Dec. 2014, informing him that Lunsford had not returned several documents in the McClure case to their home in the public file. Other documents from two other criminal cases were also reportedly missing, including exhibits to motions that attempted to remove Judge Lunsford from the cases.

In a Dec. 9 letter from Lunsford to the prothonotary’s office (obtained by StateCollege.com through a Right to Know request,) Lunsford explained that the documents in questions had been stricken from the record in court. As such, Lunsford wrote he was not sure how to handle the documents that had been removed as evidence from the case.

“We have not found any authority regarding when a motion to strike is made… what exactly happens to the original exhibit that was not accepted as an appropriate piece of evidence,” Lunsford wrote. “However, I did not feel that when specific exhibits were stricken from the record, that they remained part of the original record.”

In a response two days later, Glantz writes to Lunsford that “striking an exhibit from evidence does not remove it from the public record.” The only time a document is completely removed from the record is through expungement, which Glantz writes is a much more difficult process than striking evidence.

“I have my own concern that each of the documents removed from the files by you involved you personally, specifically alleged interactions between yourself and the District Attorney’s Office and alleged appearance of bias,” Glantz writes. “Your removal of documents making these type of allegations could erode the public’s confidence in the impartiality of the judiciary.”

Glantz also notes that while many of the documents in question were returned to the prothonotary's office, there were doubts that all of them were originals. The prothonotary noted that some of the documents did not have staple holes, even though the prothonotary staples all documents that come through that office.

Glantz says Lunsford is currently under investigation by the Judicial Conduct Board of Pennsylvania for possible judicial misconduct. However, Chief Counsel Robert Gracie of the Judicial Conduct Board says he can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any ongoing investigation due to confidentiality stipulations in the Pennsylvania Code.

Gracie says that anyone can submit a complaint to the board, which may prompt an investigation. If any formal charges of judicial misconduct are filed after an investigation, the charges and subsequent proceedings are public record. However, Gracie also adds that only a very small fraction of investigations lead to formal charges of wrongdoing.

Judge Lunsford declined comment, explaining that judges are not permitted to offer public comment on court proceedings.

The documents in the McClure case that Judge Lunsford reportedly attempted to remove from the prothonotary’s office relate to Cantorna's claim that the judge had an unprofessional relationship with the office of Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller.

Cantorna claims that the judge gave preferential treatment to Parks Miller and her team during the McClure trial, granting unfounded objections and giving the appearance of bias towards the prosecution. He supports these allegations with phone records for Lunsford, Parks Miller and several assistant district attorneys, which Cantorna obtained through a Right to Know request.

According to court filings, the phone records show that Lunsford texted assistant district attorneys Lindsay Foster and Nathan Boob hundreds of time over the several months that the McClure case was working its way through the court. The records also show less frequent phone contact between Lunsford and Parks Miller.

“Trial in this case began on September 8, 2014 and ended on September 11, 2014. Verizon phone records reveal that 152 text messages and 1 media message were sent or received by the court and Assistant District Attorney Lindsay Foster,” one court filing reads. “Of those 152 text messages, 100 texts were sent or received between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Many of those at times when the court was on the bench and trial in session.)”

Neither Cantorna's filings nor the phone records speak to the content of these messages. The State College attorney also included photos of Judge Lunsford and Boob together at a bar after a Color Run athletic event, which Cantorna says supports his claim that the judge was too close with the district attorney’s office.

Parks Miller filed a response to Cantorna's allegations on behalf of the commonwealth, arguing that it is Cantorna who engaged in unprofessional behavior by making baseless accusations – not Lunsford or the district attorney’s office.

She writes that judges and attorneys are permitted to have phone contact for any number of reasons or legal matters. She also points out that “there exists no rule of law or ethics that requires any party… to pretend to not know each other in public settings,” responding the photo of Lunsford and Boob which had reportedly been pulled from her Facebook page.

“He has established no evidence to prove bias, prejudice or unfairness,” Parks Miller writes, dismissing Cantorna's allegations of bias as unfounded.

In an unrelated case, a former assistant has accused Parks Miller of forging a court document. Robert Tintner, the attorney representing Parks Miller, issued a statement on Tuesday, saying the allegations "are completely and patently false." The statement says Parks Miller requested that the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General investigate the forgery allegation.

Parks Miller declined comment when contacted for this story. Cantorna also declined comment, but says he plans to appeal the McClure case to the Pennsylvania Superior Court in an attempt to secure a new trial for McClure.

In December, Centre County President Judge Thomas Kistler signed an order that reassigned Judge Lunsford, preventing him from hearing criminal cases with the exception of DUI charges. The order did not specify a reason for Lunsford’s reassignment.

Kistler declined comment, explaining that judges are not permitted to offer public comment on court proceedings.

Are you freaking kidding me???:

"Glantzalso notes that while many of the documents in question were returned to the prothonotary's office, there were doubts that all of them were originals. The prothonotary noted that some of the documents did not have staple holes, even though the prothonotary staples all documents that come through that office".

Reactions: pomppomp01
There is protocol and then there is a higher responsibility that all decent human beings have. Question is did McQueary tell Joe something that would have called on that higher responsibility? I haven't heard or read anything that convinces me yet.
There's no reason to believe that MM told Joe more than he told dad & Dranov. And Dranov testified that MM didn't tell him anything that necessitated a call to police.

Reactions: jomouli23
"After talking it over with Joe" I think was Tim's quote.....he was uncomfortable going behind Jerry's back to others (agencies ?) without first speaking to JS.

What I find sad about this whole mess is that almost everyone feels the need to disparage folks with different opinions. I very strongly disagree with a number of the folks on the board. But I realize that the delete key is my friend and I try to avoid personal insults. They do nothing to prove one's case and only serve to raise the level of incivility.

However, I do think that if the term Joe-bots is thrown around so much perhaps, we need a term for those who believe that our leadership acted correctly--nay exceptionally well--in this situation.

BOT-bots

;)

What I find sad about this whole mess is that almost everyone feels the need to disparage folks with different opinions. I very strongly disagree with a number of the folks on the board. But I realize that the delete key is my friend and I try to avoid personal insults. They do nothing to prove one's case and only serve to raise the level of incivility.

However, I do think that if the term Joe-bots is thrown around so much perhaps, we need a term for those who believe that our leadership acted correctly--nay exceptionally well--in this situation.

BOT-bots

;)

I am of a similar mind @kgilbert78. I try to avoid personal insults and would like to see the civility of our discussions raised, but I am not going to hold my breath as it seems like a losing battle. That being said, I do like the term BOT-bots and there are several posters that come to mind who seem like they would fall under that category.

Reactions: pnnnylion
Why would Schultz talk to WC before he heard the accusation from the witness? That makes zero sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT