ADVERTISEMENT

OT: WaPo - What did Joe Paterno really know about the Sandusky scandal at Penn State?

Could be. That is as likely as any other reasonable explanation - if that was actually said. We will probably never know, unless we get some confirmation from Tim or Gary.

Considering Gary Schultz is a member of practically every pro-Joe Paterno Facebook group that exists, I highly doubt Joe pressured him into making a decision that ultimately landed him a prison sentence.

Reactions: Bob78
Just finished watching. Could have been much worse. Joe was portrayed as being out of touch and somewhat confused, not in full comprehension of the seriousness of it all. I didn't think it came down very well on what JVP may have known at any time.

A relevant question isn't so much what JVP knew but when did he know it. How bad did anyone believe Sandusky really was. Rather obvious no one felt intervention was in order.

As as a fan of another team and outside perspective I feel for you guys. I just can’t fathom joe knowing of this and not taking the proper steps. Too good of a man
Thanks. I think it's fair to say that some people screwed up but saying that they knowingly allowed a pedophile to abuse children for over a decade is absurd.

Fair enough but IMO they were set to call for a reason.
But not because a boy was endangered. That much should be obvious from the emails, especially Spanier's. It's inconceivable that the boy in the shower would not even be alluded to in any of their notes and emails if they thought he was a victim.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think it's fair to say that some people screwed up but saying that they knowingly allowed a pedophile to abuse children for over a decade is absurd.
I just don’t believe that joe knew and knowlingly decided not to act. I mean if someone believes that I don’t know what to tell them other than I have some prime real estate for them

Reactions: bdgan
A good article, but he still gets some basic things wrong. Freeh didn't neglect to interview due to Paterno's death. Freeh simply didn't want to interview Paterno

Reactions: pandaczar12
ADVERTISEMENT