ADVERTISEMENT

PA Class AAA Finals Thread

Hats off to DeSanto but this...Spencer Lee was not himself but still went out there to give it his best

Teasdale just outed himself as a ginormous whiny douche. I feel bad for Lee for losing, but come on, you seriously expected fans to not cheer for DeSanto's effort? Not one of them cheered for Lee's injury. Grow up.

Or maybe Teasdale just took a bunch of Jesse Delgado pills tonight.

Hats off to DeSanto but this...Spencer Lee was not himself but still went out there to give it his best

All true and 20 years from now old men can argue about it. But in the mean time give this kid the world of props.

Not directed at u chief. But the internet is awful at the moment.

Teasdale just outed himself as a ginormous whiny douche. I feel bad for Lee for losing, but come on, you seriously expected fans to not cheer for this? Grow up.
GT defending his friend and who blames him but to use this to take away from DeSanto is BS too. If his knee is bad sit out. If u take the mat it is what it is.

He won 6-0 in semi does that kid get an extra trophy.

Spencer is a stud but DeSanto slade the dragon and it doesn't matter if he had a bum wheel or not. History will only be written one way.

All true and 20 years from now old men can argue about it. But in the mean time give this kid the world of props.

Not directed at u chief. But the internet is awful at the moment.
Guys this is terrible...We want Teasdale and he is pissed because people are cheering for a kid that beat Spencer on a torn ACL....Lets not push Teasdale away from us...Everyone in the world already knows Spencer tech falls this kid or anyone else in the bracket without a torn ACL...Spencer thought he could win his 4th on 1 leg !!!! GIVE THE KID CREDIT EVERYONE AND PLEASE SAY SORRY WE DIDN'T KNOW TO GAVIN !!!!

My God, I thought AA 160 runner-up Farber looked like Sideshow Bob ... get a load of Sasso's white guy short dreads.

GT defending his friend and who blames him but to use this to take away from DeSanto is BS too. If his knee is bad sit out. If u take the mat it is what it is.

Spencer is a stud but DeSanto slade the dragon and it doesn't matter if he had a bum wheel or not. History will only be written one way.
Exactly.

I think everyone was applauding the DeSanto... they all knew the magnitude of the upset. Still, I wonder if that would have been tempered a bit if a state school was his choice. I doubt it.

dunke come on man....Listen i am no longer a Spencer fan...He tried to win his 4th Title on one leg !!!! EVERYONE ON SOCIAL MEDIA..Please tell Gavin we are sorry and didn't know or people would not have been cheering...Gavin is thinking about coming to PSU now....Please tell him....

Sorry, Teasdale, that your friend lost, but you picked the wrong way to show it. Support your friend, and watch what you put into public view.

Scoreboard.

Guys this is terrible...We want Teasdale and he is pissed because people are cheering for a kid that beat Spencer on a torn ACL....Lets not push Teasdale away from us...Everyone in the world already knows Spencer tech falls this kid or anyone else in the bracket without a torn ACL...Spencer thought he could win his 4th on 1 leg !!!! GIVE THE KID CREDIT EVERYONE AND PLEASE SAY SORRY WE DIDN'T KNOW TO GAVIN !!!!
YOU ARE UNBEARABLE AT TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Creek Side
:D
dunke come on man....Listen i am no longer a Spencer fan...He tried to win his 4th Title on one leg !!!! EVERYONE ON SOCIAL MEDIA..Please tell Gavin we are sorry and didn't know or people would not have been cheering...Gavin is thinking about coming to PSU now....Please tell him....
Time to hit ignore. You are a raving lunatic!!

Reactions: Creek Side
What was going on with Spencer's coach running thru the mat to the officials table twice? And then DeSanto makes a quick move towards Lee after his hand is raised. Good stuff.

People are cheering for Austin and going down a weight to meet the Hawkeye and win. That took a big set hurt or not.

Reactions: diggerpup
As the day wore on learning of Spencers knee situation i grew weary. You probably saw that in my posts. I thought it would be a tough match and it was. Congrats to Desanto. He will have a great story to tell to his grandchildren.

Wish i could take some of Spencers pain away tonight. I cant even imagine.

I love you man! But they can have him both of them. I might lose the battle but we'll win the war and it's the war that people remember.

Reactions: lionlover
What was going on with Spencer's coach running thru the mat to the officials table twice? And then DeSanto makes a quick move towards Lee after his hand is raised. Good stuff.
Pretty sure the coaches were asking to check the clock. DeSanto's winning takedown was very, very close to the buzzer.

In all fairness, how many of those cheering knew he had a torn acl?

Shut. The. F**k. Up.

Seriously. Stop.

Has to be the biggest upset in PIAA history, wow, just wow! DeSanto is signed to Drxel but I'd bet there are lot of coaches that would love to have him after that showing. Incredible guts and determination to go down and defeat Lee in a real life vision quest.

Reactions: dunkej01
Spencer Lee is a World Cadet and 2-time Junior World Champion. He lost a match and it appears that he is injured. I would not ever take anything away from him. He is and will continue to be a great wrestler. Austin DeSanto just accomplished something that no other PA wrestler had. He beat Spencer Lee. It's a big deal for that young man. Congratulations to him. Gavin Teasdale is a loyal friend to Spencer Lee and showed some emotion in defense of his friend. I understand that. I wouldn't understand, however, a bunch of grown men apologizing to Gavin Teasdale on social media because fans in Hershey were cheering for the young man who defeated his friend who had heretofore been considered unbeatable. That's creepy dude.

Quit being such a humongous ****ing poosy. It was the upset of the century. People get excited about that. Nothing against Spencer whatsoever.

In all fairness, how many of those cheering knew he had a torn acl?
Do we know that for a fact?

What could be seen from the video above is that one wrestler was wrestling strong and aggressive near the end of the match and the other wrestler appeared out of gas.

Reactions: diggerpup
As the day wore on learning of Spencers knee situation i grew weary. You probably saw that in my posts. I thought it would be a tough match and it was. Congrats to Desanto. He will have a great story to tell to his grandchildren.

Wish i could take some of Spencers pain away tonight. I cant even imagine.

Injuries suck. Suck bad but if these injuries become issues long term, it affects iowa as a team and this affects team titles and 7 years becomes 10+ years in short order.

Rooting for the underdog is human nature. Especially the way Lee handled DeSanto last year. Fans are going to react to a big upset.
Flag me for comparing this to hoops, but the closest comparison I can come up with -- in the context of a year-to-year comeback -- was the early 1990s Duke team that got destroyed by 40 by the Tarkanian UNLV machine in the NCAA finals, then beat UNLV by 2 in the semis the next year.

Last edited:
Austin DeSanto upsets Spencer Lee 6-5. Incredible upset. Up there with Henry Green over Nate Carr in the early 70's. Maybe the biggest upset in the history of the PIAA finals.

It was Nate's older brother Jimmy (both of them wrestled on the US Olympic Team) who lost to Green the same year he won the Olympic Trials at the age of 16 (the loss at States was in March and qualified for Olympic Team later that year) - Jimmy Carr also won Midlands the next year (as well as PIAA State Championship). Green did a lot of running and hiding....and even as it was the way the match was called was very controversial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT