ADVERTISEMENT

PA Class AAA Finals Thread

dunke come on man....Listen i am no longer a Spencer fan...He tried to win his 4th Title on one leg !!!! EVERYONE ON SOCIAL MEDIA..Please tell Gavin we are sorry and didn't know or people would not have been cheering...Gavin is thinking about coming to PSU now....Please tell him....
Spyker - you can!

A few things
1) Spencer is hurt. It's probably a torn acl.
2) desanto came in with the gamelan of a lifetime and wore Spencer down
3) I can't believe what I just saw
4) I can't believe what I just saw
5) Spencer has now had significant shoulder surgery and is going to have significant knee surgery. Take from that what you may
6) we want Gavin

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Lee looks hurt, but that leads to the giant elephant in the room- the shoulder went, and now the acl? Pretty young to face two huge injuries like these. Was it torn ribs his soph. year too? I wonder if he can stay healthy in college where everyone is big and strong. Great wrestler in any case.

Do we know that for a fact?

What could be seen from the video above is that one wrestler was wrestling strong and aggressive near the end of the match and the other wrestler appeared out of gas.

You very well may be right. All I'm saying is, if in fact he was wrestling with a torn acl, and that information just came out, I highly doubt those cheering knew he was wrestling injured.

Reactions: LHavenlion
So Lee pins his first opponent in under a minute. Wins 15-0 in second period in his second match. Wins 6-0 in his semis. Now i am not saying he has no injury, but please don't act like he had one leg out there either. And to the moron who said Lee would tech fall Austin if he was healthy. GTFOH with your constant nonsense.

Austin looked way bigger and much stronger this year than last year when they met. Wrestling 132 all year i think really helped him.

One of the best matches i ever saw. Props to both warriors leaving it out on the mat.

Hats off to DeSanto but this...Spencer Lee was not himself but still went out there to give it his best

Oh come on, give me a phucking break - it is not a disgrace that DeSanto fans cheered for him - it isn't his fault Lee has a hurt knee. What's he supposed to do, forfeit because Lee's knee is hurt? Lee went out and wrestled and DeSanto beat him. Nothing whatsoever wrong with people cheering for DeSanto - ridiculous to say otherwise.

Reactions: Ja1339
I am asking this question earnestly, because I've seen two different stories about Spencer's knee.

Some are saying that he hurt the knee in January, some are saying he hurt it this morning in the semis. So when is the torn ACL purported to have occurred, this morning, or at some point earlier in the season?

Oh for christ sake, he's a young kid who got emotional over his friend losing a tough match in which his friend was wrestling hurt. So what, he dropped an F bomb, no reason to crucify the kid for being emotional on twitter. He did NOT insult DeSanto, the comment was directed toward the fans, whom he felt were being insensitive.

Now, if you want to criticize a kid for being a dick on twitter, look no further than Imar, who made a snide, disparaging comment directed toward Mark Hall, after his first match in college at Carver Hawkeye.

Lee looks hurt, but that leads to the giant elephant in the room- the shoulder went, and now the acl? Pretty young to face two huge injuries like these. Was it torn ribs his soph. year too? I wonder if he can stay healthy in college where everyone is big and strong. Great wrestler in any case.
We'll see. Those are completely unrelated injuries. Last year quite a few people said the same thing about Nick Nevills and his two unrelated injuries.

hard to imagine anyone other than DeSanto getting OW
Beating a kid with a torn ACL...Jody just said on the radio he tried to talk him out of going to Districts but Spencer thought he could win with 1 leg and damn near did....Kid is unreal !!!! He wanted 4th Title...Gavin is pissed at the fans and i would be too......But for real if Spencer has 2 legs he techs or pins all them !!!! Hate to say that but it's true....But he better get used to Pa fans booing him...But in reality he will probably never lose....

I am asking this question earnestly, because I've seen two different stories about Spencer's knee.

Some are saying that he hurt the knee in January, some are saying he hurt it this morning in the semis. So when is the torn ACL purported to have occurred, this morning, or at some point earlier in the season?
I would think he wouldn't have accepted the Pitt Classic if his knee wasn't OK. Thus, I assume he nicked it a bit during the last couple of days.

Bigger and stronger. It has to be a concern.

Beating a kid with a torn ACL...Jody just said on the radio he tried to talk him out of going to Districts but Spencer thought he could win with 1 leg and damn near did....Kid is unreal !!!! He wanted 4th Title...Gavin is pissed at the fans and i would be too......But for real if Spencer has 2 legs he techs or pins all them !!!! Hate to say that but it's true....But he better get used to Pa fans booing him...But in reality he will probably never lose....

I could not care less what "Jody" has to say. I love the kids but Jody can pound sand.

When DeSanto choose to go after Lee, the dreamer in me pulled for him...incredible fortitude to take a second crack at Lee and even more so because it was DeSanto's last go-round at PIAA. Of course, never considered it possible till now so didn't imagine what it would feel like to have a legends dream crushed .... in his last HS match. Lee made his legend over four years, DeSanto's just made his in 2 minutes. All credit goes to DeSanto for going all in when 99.9% would have advised to take a easier path, but he, and the crowd, deserve to be elated because he took on the biggest challenge he could have and conquered it. I wish Lee had a different outcome to fulfill his dream as both he and DeSanto are champs in my book.

Allow me to add, that I have zero problem with Gavin being upset about the crowd favoritism. I don't like it when a crowd roots, based on being haters, rather than based on their favorite team(right turk?).

With that said, this crowd was not rooting against Spence, this crowd was rooting FOR Austin DeSanto, as his school is just a stones throw from Hershey. It was basically a home match for him.

Verkleeren looks like he's been spending time in Columbus. Port quite pale in comparison.

Also looked ready for college wrestling now. Wherever he ends up, somebody is getting a real good one.

Reactions: diggerpup
We'll see. Those are completely unrelated injuries. Last year quite a few people said the same thing about Nick Nevills and his two unrelated injuries.

True- but Nick's didn't happen in high school. I think he stayed fairly healthy through high school. College wrestling tends to create more injuries than high school wrestling.

Reactions: lionlover
What was going on with Spencer's coach running thru the mat to the officials table twice? And then DeSanto makes a quick move towards Lee after his hand is raised. Good stuff.

It looked like DeSanto was rushing off to shake the hands of opposing coaches.

Lee wasn't in line with him

You're a loon.

First of all, no one, and I mean no one outside of Chuck Effing Norris can wrestle with a torn ACL...pure BS...he may be hurting, but he doesn't have a torn ACL...#alternativefacts!
My son's best friend wrestled with a torn ACL his Sr year...Did not do very well but tried....For Spencer to do this and almost pull it off that's almost like winning the title...WOW..Talk about a tough kid...But he better get used to Pa fans booing and i will be a loud one...Sad thing is he will never be loseing...Maybe to Nick S....

What I saw and felt was the crowd got behind a wrestler that was a big underdog and a situation that seemed to be stacked against him. Lee should have been nailed stalling and should of had a 2nd start violation called on him. Lee gassed late 2nd period. His coach knew it and tried to get him a minute breather when he walked to the table.Desanto was the aggressor the whole match. He deserved it. If he would wrestle Lee tomorrow I think he could beat him again. Desanto was not lucky in his win , he was the better wrestler tonight for whatever reason. It was a great match and everyone likes an underdog.

and finally, whether Lee has an ACL, or not, is not relevant to me: The young man was wrestling VERY hurt, and it took guts to go out there in the first place. While all of that is true, DeSanto winning was not a fluke, as DeSanto showed equal guts to go down just to meet him, turning down what would have been an almost certain championship at 132. There wasn't anyone on earth that gave him a shot in this match, other than himself and his coaches. So, credit to Spencer, who will be back next year(provided it's not an ACL, and then he'll be back after a redshirt year), credit to Austin, who has improved ten fold from last year, and credit to Gavin, for sticking up for his friend and showing his love, albeit using the wrong language, to do so.

Nothing but love for all three kids.

But "Jody" can go pound sand.

But for real if Spencer has 2 legs he techs or pins all them !!!! Hate to say that but it's true....But he better get used to Pa fans booing him...But in reality he will probably never lose....
Perhaps. Perhaps not. We don't know the full extent of his injury. Nevertheless, DeSanto looked bigger, stronger, determined and with a full tank of gas, and I'm not sure that Lee would have easily pinned or teched him this time around. Spencer Lee will have to bulk up considerably in college. I don't know what his growth projection is, but as of now he'd be a terribly undersized 125 pounder. I'm sure the plan is for him to redshirt, get healthy and hit the weights and I don't doubt that he will be formidable in college. Whether or not he never loses? Who knows?

You gotta give Desanto credit. He came down a weight to wrestle Lee and everyone thought he was crazy for doing so.
OMG he came down 9 days after Spencer tore his ACL or he would have never came down....Or announced he was coming down....Yes that kid is good but not in Spencer's league with 2 legs....

It was Nate's older brother Jimmy (both of them wrestled on the US Olympic Team) who lost to Green the same year he won the Olympic Trials at the age of 16 (the loss at States was in March and qualified for Olympic Team later that year) - Jimmy Carr also won Midlands the next year (as well as PIAA State Championship). Green did a lot of running and hiding....and even as it was the way the match was called was very controversial.
That's BS, Green didn't run and hide. I was there. They both went after it. And it wasn't at states it was at Regionals in Altoona's Jaffa Mosque.

Quit being such a humongous ****ing poosy. It was the upset of the century. People get excited about that. Nothing against Spencer whatsoever.

It is ONE of the upsets of the century: Henry Green over Jimmy Carr is probably tied with this match.

That's BS, Green didn't run and hide. I was there. They both went after it. And it wasn't at states it was at Regionals in Altoona's Jaffa Mosque.

Green most certainly did NOT run and hide. Love ya Franklin, but you are off base on this one amigo.

OMG he came down 9 days after Spencer tore his ACL or he would have never came down....Or announced he was coming down....Yes that kid is good but not in Spencer's league with 2 legs....

First of all, you didn't know when he tore his ACL. Because if you did know, you would have blabbing about it endlessly on this board like you always do about everything else.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT