ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LIVE PGA Championship thread

MtNittany

May 29, 2001
...nice to see they still allow trees to grow on golf courses. Trevor is too good of an announcer - I'd rather see him back out there.

Rory making us all feel better before today's round:

...nice to see they still allow trees to grow on golf courses. Trevor is too good of an announcer - I'd rather see him back out there.

I hit one of those yesterday, doesn't make me feel any better that Rory can shank it too.

Shanks happen. And they unnerve the hell out of you. That shank will likely will be in the back of McIlroy’s mind today. It would not surprise me if some of his short irons and chips end up a little left today. People tend to overcompensate after a shank.

Last edited:
Shanks happen. And they unnerve the hell out of you. That shank will likely will be in McElroys mind today. It would not surprise me if some of his short irons and chips end up a little left today. People tend to overcompensate after a shank.

I didn’t realize how much Greg McElroy cared about Rory McIlroy’s game! ;)

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Do you think that Michelson should be on the Ryder Cup team? I don’t but there are still 5 events left to prove he belongs.

People across the pond are not happy. This tournament in not on TV, either by Sky Sports or the BBC. Something called Eleven Sports is broadcasting via facebook where one needs fill out a subscription. This really sucks for them.

St. Louis is a great sports town. Notice no stupid yells right after impact either...

One of the announcers earlier today pointed out how respectful the crowds have been with none of the stupid, listen-to-me yells.

Do you think that Michelson should be on the Ryder Cup team? I don’t but there are still 5 events left to prove he belongs.

Yes, I do as he just missed the cut on points and his experience is a Big help in an event like that.....I also think Tiger should be on the team as he is playing well right now.

Anyone notice on 10 that Woodland’s second shot hit Kisner’s second shot in the front sand trap?

Didn’t show Kisner replacing his ball, but it looks like (based on the trails in the sand) that the ball was replaced before Kisner played his third shot. (Maybe an inch or two.....)

Wonder what would happen if no one (player or a marshall or a rules official) saw the balls touch because of the depth of the trap? Fortunately no one can call in from watching tv and impact play.

Amazing no one from CBS noticed it and pointed it out to the announcers!

Verne needs to retire right now. Calling Matt Wallace "Mike" right before his hole in one was an embarrassment. Why is he even doing golf coverage at age 78?

Tomorrow us going to be a fun Sunday.
Couldn't agree more. I have never been a huge Tiger fan, but if he would have dropped any putts on the back 9 Saturday he would be in the final group today. He has never won a major when not leading heading into the final round. His tee to green Saturday was fantastic. And can Koepka win his third major in two years? How good is his game? Highly underrated even after winning back to back US Opens. Can Fowler finally break through (my guess is no)? Adam Scott looking like Adam Scott from a few years ago. It is shaping up to be a great final round for golf enthusiasts.

What a tournament!! Part of the excitement is that Tiger is in the top 10 going into the last day which usually makes for an existing finish. Right now Koepka has a two shot lead but I have a feeling that this tournament is going to be decided in a playoff.

What's up with DJ? He's favored in every major, looks unbeatable many weeks, has incredible talent, yet always has a round like yesterday that has me SMH. The guy should have won multiple majors by now. I still think his brother on the bag is not helping.

Reactions: RU31trap
What's up with DJ? He's favored in every major, looks unbeatable many weeks, has incredible talent, yet always has a round like yesterday that has me SMH. The guy should have won multiple majors by now. I still think his brother on the bag is not helping.
That's a good question. He should have multiple majors by now but keeps beating himself. Interesting point regarding his brother.

We just did DJ's indoor facility in Myrtle Beach. Normally we wouldn't travel like that, but he's re-doing both his properties in Jupiter and we need to be in a good position when we meet w/ him and wifey after the Ryder Cup.

38839997_638818023167135_45038895376629760_n.jpg

38848146_640322496350021_4028721951198412800_n.jpg

As for his play, it drives me nuts. I don't want to say it looks like he doesn't care sometimes, but it looks like he doesn't care sometimes. Especially on the greens. The other Joey D guys all seem laid back like DJ, but still have a calm, killer instinct. Don't see that w/ DJ.

Reactions: 81b&w
At times it seems like DJ is putting with one of his father-in-law’s hockey sticks.

He's the 6th ranked American in the Fed Ex Cup Standings.
He's the 7th ranked American on the PGA Tour Money List.
He's the 10th ranked American on the World Golf Rankings,

He doesn't have to prove anything. He belongs on the team and will definitely be a pick for it.

PGA of America >>> USGA wrt to selecting and setting up golf courses.

The only thing that bothers me is they like to use Valhalla too much because it's free. Like PGA National #1 was in February 1971 and PGA National #2 was in 1987.

Reactions: delcoLion
PGA of America >>> USGA wrt to selecting and setting up golf courses.

The only thing that bothers me is they like to use Valhalla too much because it's free. Like PGA National #1 was in February 1971 and PGA National #2 was in 1987.

USGA is garbage.

Kudos to the PGA for giving us a Sunday worth watching.

If all it's gonna take is mediocre putting, maybe Adam Scott can win after all...

Great leader board for sure. Looks like a Bears Club/Dye Preserve/Medalist interclub...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT