ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State Dual

Per @Cali_Nittany's guidance here

I was able to sign up for the free 7-day FuboTV trial. After selecting a package (I went big and got the 4K one, because it's still free if you cancel in time), you have to enter payment info, but they say they send you an email the day before the trial expires. Then, you can choose add-on packages, where I added Sports Plus with NFL Redzone. After that, I hit the search bar, found the dual by searching "Penn State at Oregon State" and hit record. Easy peasey.

When I watched the Berginc vs Davis match, I thought he was going to kill Davis.

Braeden’s appearance hides a large supply of grinta.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
We don't have a dedicated thread yet for this. Should be a nice test for the team after a long break. I got to film Cael and Braeden Davis' media availability this afternoon for BSD--check it:

Anyone have any experience with FuboTV free trials? Thinking about trying that route to see the action. If not, I'll go oldschool and live on every word of JB's.

"It would be more of just hey you know you spent two weeks eating Christmas cakes and bars and brownies and donuts and stuff and getting your weight back ready to rock and roll"

Elite D1 athletes, they're just like us

A few nice matchups for some of our guys including:

125 Braeden Davis Fr. Belleville, Mich./Dundee 8-0
#13 Brandon Kaylor Sr. Bonney Lake, Wash./Bonney Lake 11-4

149 David Evans Jr. Tunkhannock, Pa./Tunkhannock 7-2
or Tyler Kasak Fr. Doylestown, Pa./Bethlehem Catholic 4-1
#11 Nash Singleton So. Roseburg, Ore./Roseburg 6-4

165 #14 Mitchell Mesenbrink Fr. Hartland, Wis./Arrowhead 9-0
#12 Matthew Olguin Jr. Fresno, Calif./Buchanan 10-2

184 #2 Bernie Truax Gr. Oceanside, Calif./Rancho Buena Vista 5-0
#6 Trey Munoz Jr. Mission Viejo, Calif./Trabuco Hills 11-2

A few nice matchups for some of our guys including:

125 Braeden Davis Fr. Belleville, Mich./Dundee 8-0
#13 Brandon Kaylor Sr. Bonney Lake, Wash./Bonney Lake 11-4

149 David Evans Jr. Tunkhannock, Pa./Tunkhannock 7-2
or Tyler Kasak Fr. Doylestown, Pa./Bethlehem Catholic 4-1
#11 Nash Singleton So. Roseburg, Ore./Roseburg 6-4

165 #14 Mitchell Mesenbrink Fr. Hartland, Wis./Arrowhead 9-0
#12 Matthew Olguin Jr. Fresno, Calif./Buchanan 10-2

184 #2 Bernie Truax Gr. Oceanside, Calif./Rancho Buena Vista 5-0
#6 Trey Munoz Jr. Mission Viejo, Calif./Trabuco Hills 11-2
125 has the most intrigue to me. We all want Braeden to beat Kaylor, but he's a tough out.

Mitchell can show how he fares against R12 types--I expect it to be similar to what we've seen, but he might give up more points.

I bet either of our 149 options get the win--I'm not sure I understand Singleton as #11--who's service has him there? His best contested win this year is over Quinn Kinner. Swidersky and Arrington both with bonus wins over him.

Truax is 4-1 vs Munoz--last matchup was at Pac12s last year, though, where Munoz WBF.

No ****ing way that kid is older than fifteen seriously. He looks like a kid in middle school not high school middle school.
I walked by him after the Hofstra dual meet and congratulated him. He was signing autographs for a group of 10-12 year olds and when I saw him, my immediate thought was " who's this little kid getting all the attention?". Then I realized who he was.

If Braeden beats Kaylor it would be a huge win. Not sure I would expect it the first go round, but as we have often seen, the second time could be a very different story.

I'm not sure how Singleton gets a #11 ranking. 3 of his 4 losses are by bonus and 3 of his 6 D1 wins are by forfeit.

Reactions: danoftw
I'm not sure how Singleton gets a #11 ranking. 3 of his 4 losses are by bonus and 3 of his 6 D1 wins are by forfeit.

I looked him up on WS. Ouch. Yeah, not sure how he's ranked #11 by Intermat. Then again, Flo has him at #14.

What am I missing here?

I looked him up on WS. Ouch. Yeah, not sure how he's ranked #11 by Intermat. Then again, Flo has him at #14.

What am I missing here?
Wrestlestat has him at #74 and predicts a 7-4 victory for Kasak and a 9-5 win for Evans.

Singleton beat Kinner and wrestled a ton so guess he got rewarded for that. Similarly, just shows how weak 149 is.

I can’t believe I’m not going to see this match. So much to watch too.

Any chance a bar in State College will carry it? Anyone know?

I just signed up for FUBO trial. Add Sports Plus with NFL RedZone and you will get PAC12 Oregon. I found the Oregon match immediately when searching for PSU and set it to record just in case. Please remember to cancel or that will be an expensive match to watch.
Thanks!!! All set up and ready to go!!

I just signed up for FUBO trial. Add Sports Plus with NFL RedZone and you will get PAC12 Oregon. I found the Oregon match immediately when searching for PSU and set it to record just in case. Please remember to cancel or that will be an expensive match to watch.
There's Pro, Elite and premier. which one do I need?

doesn’t actually matter. The key is to sign up for the sports plus with NFL Redzone after that.
You will signup for the NFL Redzone sports package after you enter credit card info. Just an FYI, it had me confused for a bit, but that's not difficult. Ask my wife :)

Reactions: JOESTROSSER
You will signup for the NFL Redzone sports package after you enter credit card info. Just an FYI, it had me confused for a bit, but that's not difficult. Ask my wife :)
I'm all setup. I might watch Rutgers Penn Saturday if not on TV.

I can’t believe I’m not going to see this match. So much to watch too.

Any chance a bar in State College will carry it? Anyone know?
Somebody has to carry it. I'll probably hit the local brewery in mill Hall. Called the floating feather. Former Central mountain wrestler owns it they usually have all the Penn State wrestling on.

Have you ever cast to your TV from laptop? That's how I usually have to do it.
Never have and my tech savy stepson moved out, LOL. I usually had him set things up for me. My laptop doesn't have an HMDI connection so that's out.

I searched under apps and didn't see it. I'll try that again because that was my first thought.
Your mileage probably varies from tv to tv brand. I use a roku—they seem to have apps for everything, and the devices are cheap at best buy, etc. But you may need a techie type to help set it up

Your mileage probably varies from tv to tv brand. I use a roku—they seem to have apps for everything, and the devices are cheap at best buy, etc. But you may need a techie type to help set it up
We have a roku in the one bedroom so I'll check that out tomorrow. Worst case I watch on my laptop. Decent size screen.

Reactions: nerfstate
We have a roku in the one bedroom so I'll check that out tomorrow. Worst case I watch on my laptop. Decent size screen.
There is a fubo app for roku, set it up today. Plus if your roku is a stick you can move it to another tv, if main tv is bigger than your bedroom tv. Of course that wont work if it is a built in roku.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT