ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic trials

I'm looking for one as well, if someone has two to sell, maybe Berno5 and I could buy both...

Why would he wait until now to try and get tickets tha people ordered months ago? :confused:
That was my initial reaction too. But in the thread, he makes the point that tickets went on sale before Myles even qualified. Wick’s mama said Evan hadn’t decided if he wanted to try to qualify by then. It does seem a bit strange to me that USA wrestling doesn’t reserve a handful of tickets per qualifier; though according to Ramos, it’s nothing new.

That was my initial reaction too. But in the thread, he makes the point that tickets went on sale before Myles even qualified. Wick’s mama said Evan hadn’t decided if he wanted to try to qualify by then. It does seem a bit strange to me that USA wrestling doesn’t reserve a handful of tickets per qualifier; though according to Ramos, it’s nothing new.
I would ask the question "why didn't the various RTCs obtain tickets on behalf of their wrestlers?". Shouldn't they be taking care of their flock? Seriously. Teams usually get tickets. Then teams distribute them as they see fit.

Exactly. For most athletes it’s not a total surprise they qualified.

Exactly. For most athletes it’s not a total surprise they qualified.
I’d say Wick is definitely on the “bubble” there. Still seems to me like there’s a way to avoid this situation.

Regarding tickets to the Olympic Trials for families of wrestlers...
I believe most have tickets, but not all. For ex-PSU wrestlers, I am aware of a few that recently picked up extras, so more family members could go.

This is the first Olympic Trials event that sold out, I believe. When that happens, the dynamics change dramatically. Think NCAA Championships since and including 2011, particularly Cleveland and Pittsburgh, and the beef from PSU fans.

I understand Mr. Martin's tweet, and am sure others whose kids qualified late might be in a temporary pickle -- as they hopefully all get tickets.

Myles seems like a super nice & impressive young man.

His old man’s elevator sure does skip a lot of floors, though.
———
PS - I live in mountain time zone & received my tickets today.
Looking forward to a few intersessions at the State College bars !!! :cool:

Last edited:
I will have tickets for sale, just not sure if there will be 2 or 4 up for grabs. I know there are people interested, I will update when I know for sure. Should be sometime this week, keep your eyes open for the update!

Update: 4 ALL SESSION tickets for sale. Section 204 Row K seats 101-104. Stubhub is selling for $300 a ticket. Definitely selling cheaper than that.

Did anyone that ordered us mail VIP Olympic trial tickets receive them yet?

Did anyone that ordered us mail VIP Olympic trial tickets receive them yet?
I ordered and bought the VIP tixs but only have them online - and they don't indicate VIP. Original acknowledgement of my order had me opening 'an account' and that is where they are. Not certain how long they have been there. Finally checked last week.

I spoke with the event coordinator today and was told OTT VIP tickets were mailed this week. I have not received mine as of today. Also, a letter regarding parking passes would be sent separately, and the parking passes will need to be downloaded as will be explained in the letter.

I received my VIP tickets in the mail today!!! said the parking info would be mailed separate. I am in central PA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT