ADVERTISEMENT

Carter theory (NO PROOF)

I had influenza A on/around December 8th. Was feeling terrible for 2-4 days, can’t even recall now. After the fever/chills/coughing passed, I was still feeling weak and tired for 2-3 weeks. I workout regularly and I just didn’t have the drive or energy to do much during that time. And I’m still in my early 40s, and in exceptional shape for my age.

If Carter is dealing with something similar, none of what we’ve seen is surprising.

(Post script: the good news is that I’ve been back to full strength for a few weeks now. Hopefully he will be too)

Influenza got me on Halloween. After a week of 102 fever, Tylenol, normal, a few hours, 102, wash rinse repeat. I went to the ER. Found out both white cell and platelet counts low, but the treatment was rest. The next day the fever finally broke. Stayed away from gym until 11/15. Lost 12 pounds. I'm a couple decades older than you. Everything was fine a couple weeks later, but those first couple times made me feel awful and the strength losses were astounding (25%) Flu A was a complete bitch this year.

You were feeling for him because he was standing alone looking focused before the match? Jesus Christ you guys can turn any moment into something dramatic.

He looked like he does before most every match. How many matches prior have you focused on what you thought he was thinking before the bout?

I thought you were against pushing religion.

Semantics.

You "bragged" about what you do to improve this country in your job as a commercial construction foreman.

Perfect example of an overly dramatic statement, which is what @El-Jefe was referring to.

BTW, it's libel not slander.
If we want to play the semantics game: I deliberately did not say Turk "served the country" which implies military service.

I said he bragged about his "service to the country" -- which can come in many forms, and is consistent with Turk's post that @Bob_Anderson mocked. ("On a daily basis" no less!)

If we want to play the semantics game: I deliberately did not say Turk "served the country" which implies military service.

I said he bragged about his "service to the country" -- which can come in many forms, and is consistent with Turk's post that @Bob_Anderson mocked. ("On a daily basis" no less!)

Can we start a post of the decade poll? No need for any other nominees, @Bob_Anderson wins hands down.

"Thank you for your service"

That has been said to me dozens of times here. It implies that I was in the military. You know that, and that's why you've said it to me many times before. Should I go back and bump all the times you have said it? It's a lie and disrespects those that have served. I have never served.

On that day I was implying that what I did everyday is far more important and meaningful of a career than what Willie does everyday. Which is watch videos of high school kids wrestling and rate them on how good he thinks they will do in a college sport.

Last edited:

That has been said to me dozens of times here. It implies that I was in the military. It's a lie and disrespects those that have served. I have never served.

On that day I was implying that what I did everyday is far more important and meaningful of a career than what Willie does everyday. Which is watch videos of high school kids in singlets and rate them on how good he thinks they will do in a college sport.
That's interesting and what makes you say that? Last I checked there isn't a tier for any careers being better than another. You seem to think going to college implies some kind superiority also.

That has been said to me dozens of times here. It implies that I was in the military. It's a lie and disrespects those that have served. I have never served.

On that day I was implying that what I did everyday is far more important and meaningful of a career than what Willie does everyday. Which is watch videos of high school kids in singlets and rate them on how good he thinks they will do in a college sport.
Thank you for your service

That's interesting and what makes you say that? Last I checked there isn't a tier for any careers being better than another. You seem to think going to college implies some kind superiority also.
There is a tier for everything in life. I just asked if those guys went to college after their comments that day. No big deal

That has been said to me dozens of times here. It implies that I was in the military. You know that, and that's why you've said it to me many times before. Should I go back and bump all the times you have said it? It's a lie and disrespects those that have served. I have never served.

On that day I was implying that what I did everyday is far more important and meaningful of a career than what Willie does everyday. Which is watch videos of high school kids wrestling and rate them on how good he thinks they will do in a college sport.

It's sarcasm. It implies nothing about a military record, it's noting that your posts frequently contain digital graffiti.

When did you find out you were on the spectrum?

Reactions: District four
Semantics.

You "bragged" about what you do to improve this country in your job as a commercial construction foreman.
to further clarify: he said being in construction makes him 'aggressive' as a response to the entire board telling him 'it's not cool to make fun of a poster because his son took his own life'

no he wasn't

He didn't look off physically to me, but there's clearly something up. He seemed less than inclined to really engage in wrestling. Continuing physical issues? Maybe. Tired of wrestling or something else going on? Certainly a possibility.

He didn't look off physically to me, but there's clearly something up. He seemed less than inclined to really engage in wrestling. Continuing physical issues? Maybe. Tired of wrestling or something else going on? Certainly a possibility.
I didn’t notice any obvious injury or anything, but I will say that Woods has been wrestling with far less pace and pressure, especially in the first period. I’m not trying to detract from Beau’s win, because he looks awesome, and I think he’s gonna win a title—but something isn’t completely right with Real. Head or body? Hard to say.

Reactions: billrag
I didn’t notice any obvious injury or anything, but I will say that Woods has been wrestling with far less pace and pressure, especially in the first period. I’m not trying to distract from Beau’s win, because he looks awesome, and I think he’s gonna win a title—but something isn’t completely right with Real. Head or body? Hard to say.
Bartlett looked a step faster certainly. I've heard a rumor about Woods and what he is up against, but it's not worth mentioning here. He doesn't need people on message boards making excuses for him.

Last edited:
Bartlett looked a step faster certainly. I've heard a rumor about Woods and what he is up against, buts it's not worth mentioning here. He doesn't need people on message boards making excuses for him.
There is not one thing wrong with Woods since he has no upper body braces and he has no lower leg braces from groin to ankle. By Iowa's standards he's 110%. LOL but I will check with Ironbird to make sure.:cool:

You don’t need to be a Dr to see that whatever bug has gone thru the team, and I might guess other teams…….lingers a lot longer than normal. Carter looking tired late? This has never happened at any point in his career. It’s not weight management when you are this far along and again no evidence to the contrary.

Going 99% this is whatever that bug was. Others didn’t look right after coming back either. Hope it evaporates completely soon.

Reactions: DuckUnder7
I had influenza A on/around December 8th. Was feeling terrible for 2-4 days, can’t even recall now. After the fever/chills/coughing passed, I was still feeling weak and tired for 2-3 weeks. I workout regularly and I just didn’t have the drive or energy to do much during that time. And I’m still in my early 40s, and in exceptional shape for my age.

If Carter is dealing with something similar, none of what we’ve seen is surprising.

(Post script: the good news is that I’ve been back to full strength for a few weeks now. Hopefully he will be too)
I just tested positive for A yesterday. Nothing like having the thermostat set at 70 degrees in the house and being bundled up like I'm outside in a snowstorm.

I had it too. It also took me about 3 weeks after the fever broke to feel normal again. Rough stuff!

Reactions: Ski
You were feeling for him because he was standing alone looking focused before the match? Jesus Christ you guys can turn any moment into something dramatic.

He looked like he does before most every match. How many matches prior have you focused on what you thought he was thinking before the bout?
My son trains at Stanford and we have been following him for years. He is a success story that spans a couple of decades of hard work. When he went to Iowa are hearts dropped because we knew he was going to be surrounded by people who ultimately did not give a sh$t about him.

Reactions: NitFan53
I just tested positive for A yesterday. Nothing like having the thermostat set at 70 degrees in the house and being bundled up like I'm outside in a snowstorm.

I had it a couple of months ago. Confirmed it was Flu A with a test at the hospital. Ended up losing 1/10th of my body weight before it was done. Wound up in the ER because I am a migraine sufferer and it triggered 5 days of non-stop headaches. I already get Botox for migraine prevention, which works very well, but this required them giving me a "migraine cocktail" to get relief and finally some good sleep. I got the flu shot back in September and it looks like this year they may have missed the strain of Flu A going around.

Reactions: palmettolion
Sounds like dropping an excuse, without officially dropping an excuse. How surprised we should all be.
No excuses
My son trains at Stanford and we have been following him for years. He is a success story that spans a couple of decades of hard work. When he went to Iowa are hearts dropped because we knew he was going to be surrounded by people who ultimately did not give a sh$t about him.
Sounds like some bullshit to me. He wouldn't have gone to Iowa if he felt that way.

I had it too. It also took me about 3 weeks after the fever broke to feel normal again. Rough stuff!
Is that what's still wrong with me. It's been two weeks I was literally fine and working one minute and then five minutes I had my hoodie up under the blankets with a 102 fever. If that is the shit that's going around it's no wonder. Horrible shit

Getting back to a Carter/Nolf potential Olympic trial match - if they wrestled tomorrow, freestyle, even if Carter was 100%, I would think Jason would destroy him. But maybe I am way off base.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT