ADVERTISEMENT

State College PIZZA

Apparently Most of you have never eaten pizza king in lock haven. There isn't anything close to their pizza and I'm not just saying that. One bite everybody knows the rules lol

Reactions: LHavenlion
back in the day Mabel's was a pretty good square pie over in Clearfield. Not sure if it was passed along...

Canyon Pizza, at $1.00/slice, served with an essentially unlimited amount of Ranch dressing, and open until after 2:00AM was the cause of many pizza shops closing up. Canyon just closed less then a year ago, but when open had lines that were unbelievably long.

Reactions: OzarkLion
which pizza shop has the best pie? no plan to venture to local bars between sessions at the oly trials

Great topic. My favorite was Penn State Sub Shop on Beaver. Get a slice and sit on that little wall bordering the sidewalk at Triangle Fraternity. The pizza was so cheesy your jaw got tired after one slice.

Brothers was my number two.

This was the 80's.

Great topic. My favorite was Penn State Sub Shop on Beaver. Get a slice and sit on that little wall bordering the sidewalk at Triangle Fraternity. The pizza was so cheesy your jaw got tired after one slice.

Brothers was my number two.

This was the 80's.
Pizza Pi. They used to do an AYCE&D with The Brewery for $4 on a weeknight in the mid-80’s. Yuengling arf’n’arf and lots of pie!!!

Reactions: LHavenlion
I was a student in the mid-80s. My freshman roommate and I were both pretty good at naming a song title, artist, year, etc.. I think WRSC (or one of the other local stations) would have a contest each night where the first correct caller won a large pizza, but I can't remember where it was from. He and I won a lot of pizzas that year. I don't recall them being fabulous, but they were free and we were poor freshmen.

Canyon Pizza, at $1.00/slice, served with an essentially unlimited amount of Ranch dressing, and open until after 2:00AM was the cause of many pizza shops closing up. Canyon just closed less then a year ago, but when open had lines that were unbelievably long.
When I was there (2001-2006), there was a pizza place in the ground floor of Beaver Plaza apartments that had $4 pizzas.

We ate a lot of $4 pizzas.

Reactions: Agoodnap
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT