ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Officially Official 2022 Big Ten Tournament Thread

Time Machine Finals PBP:

125: Hildebrandt vs Suriano

Not much action after one. Stayed center circle throughout. DH chooses bottom to start 2nd and gets out immediately. No TDs after 2. Suriano chooses bottom. DH gets the rideout and wins 2-0!

133: RBY vs ADS:

ADS shoots, RBY hurdles and gets behind for 2. ADS escape. ADS shot, RBY counters with a cradle and gets the 1st period fall!

141: NLee vs SeaBass

NLee gets on the board first with a single. Rides Seabass out. NLee chooses bottom. Quick escape and immediate TD. 5-0. Lets him up and they finish on their feet. 5-1 to start 3rd. SeaBass takes bottom. NLee rides for a minute, then cuts him. TD at buzzer and riding point makes it 8-2 NLee.

149: Bartlett vs Sasso

Amazing run to finals by Bartlett. No shots for three periods. They trade escapes. 1-1 SV. Beau wins 2-1 in UTB on rideout.

157: Berge vs Deakin

Deakin gets 1st TD. Berge immediately escapes. 2-1 Deakin after one. Deakin chooses bottom, gets Escape but Berge ties it up 3-3 on late TD. Berge chooses bottom to start 3rd, gets escape and match ends 4-3 Berge.

165: Edsell vs Wilson

Upsets galore at 165! Marinelli lost to Bye in 1st round; Wilson took out Kharchla and Amine. It’s 1-0 Edsell to start 3rd and the 3rd period rideout gives him the championship 2-0.

174: CStar vs Massa

CStar with an early TD. Massa escapes but CStar gets another. 4-1 after one. Massa earns an escape and another CStar TD makes it 6-2. CStar takes bottom, earns a quick escape, and another TD makes it 8-3. Riding Point makes it 9-3.

184: Brooks vs Amine

Brooks get the 1st TD, grabbing the 2nd ankle on the edge as Amine goes OOB. Amine escapes and it’s 2-1 after one. Brooks escapes from bottom at start of second and get another TD. Amine escapes and it’s 5-2 after two. Amine chooses bottom, earns escape but another Brooks TD makes it 7-3. Amine escapes, tries desperation throw, Brooks gets counter TD. With riding point, Brooks wins 10-4.

197: Dean vs Schultz

no score after one, but tons of action. Schultz takes bottom. Dean gets a turn with a Bow & Arrow and leads 4-0 after a 2nd period rideout. Dean chooses bottom, gets quick escape. Shultz clearly tired from being ridden. Dean gets the TD and another turn on the Bow and Arrow. Riding point makes it 12-0.

HWT: Kerk vs Gable.

I’ll keep it real and give Gable a 3-1 victory on a counter TD in the second SV. Incredible match though. And a BS call on the TD, IMO.
Time Machine Finals PBP:

125: Hildebrandt vs Suriano

Not much action after one. Stayed center circle throughout. DH chooses bottom to start 2nd and gets out immediately. No TDs after 2. Suriano chooses bottom. DH gets the rideout and wins 2-0!

133: RBY vs ADS:

ADS shoots, RBY hurdles and gets behind for 2. ADS escape. ADS shot, RBY counters with a cradle and gets the 1st period fall!

141: NLee vs SeaBass

NLee gets on the board first with a single. Rides Seabass out. NLee chooses bottom. Quick escape and immediate TD. 5-0. Lets him up and they finish on their feet. 5-1 to start 3rd. SeaBass takes bottom. NLee rides for a minute, then cuts him. TD at buzzer and riding point makes it 8-2 NLee.

149: Bartlett vs Sasso

Amazing run to finals by Bartlett. No shots for three periods. They trade escapes. 1-1 SV. Beau wins 2-1 in UTB on rideout.

157: Berge vs Deakin

Deakin gets 1st TD. Berge immediately escapes. 2-1 Deakin after one. Deakin chooses bottom, gets Escape but Berge ties it up 3-3 on late TD. Berge chooses bottom to start 3rd, gets escape and match ends 4-3 Berge.

165: Edsell vs Wilson

Upsets galore at 165! Marinelli lost to Bye in 1st round; Wilson took out Kharchla and Amine. It’s 1-0 Edsell to start 3rd and the 3rd period rideout gives him the championship 2-0.

174: CStar vs Massa

CStar with an early TD. Massa escapes but CStar gets another. 4-1 after one. Massa earns an escape and another CStar TD makes it 6-2. CStar takes bottom, earns a quick escape, and another TD makes it 8-3. Riding Point makes it 9-3.

184: Brooks vs Amine

Brooks get the 1st TD, grabbing the 2nd ankle on the edge as Amine goes OOB. Amine escapes and it’s 2-1 after one. Brooks escapes from bottom at start of second and get another TD. Amine escapes and it’s 5-2 after two. Amine chooses bottom, earns escape but another Brooks TD makes it 7-3. Amine escapes, tries desperation throw, Brooks gets counter TD. With riding point, Brooks wins 10-4.

197: Dean vs Schultz

no score after one, but tons of action. Schultz takes bottom. Dean gets a turn with a Bow & Arrow and leads 4-0 after a 2nd period rideout. Dean chooses bottom, gets quick escape. Shultz clearly tired from being ridden. Dean gets the TD and another turn on the Bow and Arrow. Riding point makes it 12-0.

HWT: Kerk vs Gable.

I’ll keep it real and give Gable a 3-1 victory on a counter TD in the second SV. Incredible match though. And a BS call on the TD, IMO.
Corby and Basch said on their preview show that SeaBass had a minor surgery recently, should be somewhat ok but if he makes the semis they guess he would medically default out.

Corby and Basch said on their preview show that SeaBass had a minor surgery recently, should be somewhat ok but if he makes the semis they guess he would medically default out.
Just to be clear… that’s the only place you see my finals PBP not playing out as written?

Anyone know the call numbers (station; AM/FM information) for Byers broadcast?

I should know this but don't. I'll be on the road for the morning action today. Thanks!

The Big Ten Tournament starts tomorrow in Lincoln and because I, an idiot, made a commitment to take my girlfriend to Philly for the weekend I’ll be in and out of the board throughout.

Brackets were released earlier today and can be found below, while coverage can be found on the Big Ten Network as well as BTN+.

Saturday’s first session begins at 11 a.m. with session two starting at 6:30 p.m. (and semifinals to begin at 8:30 p.m. approximately). Sunday’s third and fourth sessions begin at 12 and 4 p.m. respectively with the conference title bouts and placing bouts set for 4:30 p.m.

Clay, if she really loved you, she'd recognize your passion for wrestling and volunteer to move the trip to next weekend. ;) And you would respectfully decline and keep the trip as planned.

• Haha
Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I have a gut feeling we will see a different RBY should they meet this weekend.
RBY wrestled as if he has absolutely no fear of Desanto being able to score on him and didn’t even care if Austin got in on his legs. That tells me RBY knows he is just better. But it does scares me a bit that in a close match one, slip up and a late takedown could mean a loss.

RBY wrestled as if he has absolutely no fear of Desanto being able to score on him and didn’t even care if Austin got in on his legs. That tells me RBY knows he is just better. But it does scares me a bit that in a close match one, slip up and a late takedown could mean a loss.
I agree. But I think that was all by design that night, even if RBY slipped up and took the L.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Ready for the roller coaster that big tournaments become. Something we haven't gotten to experience yet this year. Let's go fellas!!

Reactions: mcpat
Wake up - Done
Yard work - Done
Workout - Done
McCallan Scotch/ Blantons Bourbon - Ready
Glass, one ice cube - Ready
Family size Doritos - opened
Informed wife I will see her Monday - Done
Lets get ready to Ruuumble!!
You need beer on hand too. (One bourbon… one scotch… and one beer).

Rewatching Cass-Kerkvliet, it’s an absolute wonder that Cassioppi wasn’t hit for stalling during his first-period ride. Stayed on the hips for 45 seconds and never once broke Kerkvliet down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT