ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Memphis Cotton Bowl Game Thread

It would not have
Well, it meant three points that never would have occurred otherwise.[/QUOTE If we don't let them drive 40 yards in 40 seconds then they have no points. Our D is lousy right now.

Dear James, I am available next year to help you with your time management. But we won't be calling those timeouts before a third down play on a final drive, late in a half, in the future, See, if we don't make the first down, we are leaving the the other team more time to score than we have to. Kinda like holding the ball for the last shot in basketball, understand? We'll try to leave about 15 seconds on the clock for what we know will be our last third down play. We don't really need that much, but in case there is a penalty, we will want time for another play, right? Looking forward to working with you, average football fan.

Have to imagine Memphis comes out with a stacked box and corners up tight on the LOS. I don’t think we’ve completed a pass down the field yet?

But what do we do about our defense?

They certainly may have, but make them use their TO’s. I like our chances of stopping them with 51 seconds left and no TO’s better than if they have 2 TO’s
Well, they would have had 1 TO left. They only used one during the FG drive so it is foolish to put the 3 points on Franklin. I agree that we should have made them burn a TO there but, in hindsight, it wouldn’t have mattered.

Reactions: rmem
Watching second half warm up. #7 has an absolute gun. Flick of the wrist and 40 yards on a rope.

I'm giving PeetzPB a thumbs up .....

And hire, plain and simple, Matt Rhule. He is a leader of men and a builder of programs. He has a great football pedigree having played under Joe Paterno at Penn State and having coached under two time super bowl champion Tom Coughlin.

Who is this 'Paterno' person you speak of?

- 2011 PSU BoT

Reactions: step.eng69
Coach Franklin is an astounding leader, recruiter, and program builder. We are lucky to have him.

That said, is it possible to hire an in game manager?

You can’t complain about that or some 70-something will yell at you. You see Saban making adjustments???

Am I the only one that prefers a closer score to keep the game interesting? Some of you folks need to relax and enjoy. It’s only a ball game.

Coach Franklin is an astounding leader, recruiter, and program builder. We are lucky to have him.

That said, is it possible to hire an in game manager?
So at my in-laws and enjoying danish Xmas lunch...missed second qtr...prior to the game my brother-in-law who is highly intelligent and worldly asks si Franklin a good coach? I said yes for the most part except his in game and clock management,,,they could hire me for 200K leave me in the booth and I am good for 90% right calls on the fly! Yes the acquavit is kicking in!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT