Official PSU - Ohio State game thread

psu_1294

Jun 16, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
We have no “big play” guys. Like a Barkley or Parsons that play all over the field. We have lots of good players but not a guy you always have to account for. OSU made 3-4 big plays. We ground it out. Tough game. How we played with -0- energy last week at home, then with a lot of spirit tonight in the shoe is mind boggling.

lazydave841

Jan 9, 2021
I turned off the sound. He really was an over the top Buckeye tonight.
Herbie is a pure cheerleader if OSU is involved. Always. He emphatically jumps onto anything Buckeye positive.
Let’s call it how it is, Clifford is just an average QB. You need better QB play to beat elite teams.
You need better OL play. SC played pretty good tonight. The turnovers were the difference though.

jmorovich

Apr 28, 2015
I know this won’t fly here but I’m proud of how these kids fought. Everyone has them pegged to lose 51-7 after the Illinois game.

That hit in Iowa altered 2 games. It happens. I think this team closes out strong. This team lost because of a couple big plays that other teams in this conference can’t make.

probably the last post on this board. See you guys on the other side!!

ram2020

Jul 29, 2013
Our total inability to run the ball is just an impossible thing to overcome against a quality team on the road. It means Clifford has to be perfect and no turnovers. It also likely means our defense is on the field a lot against an explosive offense. Just never going to win these games without a very good tough run game to complement the pass.

fastlax16

Jan 1, 2014
Rest of the year should be fascinating. Does this let all the air out of the balloon? No way should this team lose to Rutgers or Md with a decent effort tho.

I think they win out. Which means no one wins because the boo hoos will bitch about how Franklin cost them the playoffs with no backup, a poor Illinois game and a poor 4th down call against osu in a game they predicted we’d be blown out in.

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99

fastlax16

Jan 1, 2014
As for moral victories, I really enjoyed this game. I drank 13 beers, son2, who never parties, drank 9 basins, I had a blast. An$ at noon I was guessing a blow out, so I’ll take the moral effort

I enjoyed it as well. Also discovered a great sweet potato beer. Am also thankful I haven’t become a miserly little shit who stalks people on the internet.

See ya on the other side.

AWS1022

Nov 12, 2011
I think they win out. Which means no one wins because the boo hoos will bitch about how Franklin cost them the playoffs with no backup, a poor Illinois game and a poor 4th down call against osu in a game they predicted we’d be blown out in.
There’s always a reason it’s Franklin’s fault. It’s been that way since he started.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Lion Son/Husband/Father

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2013
“we’re lake people”
And you're a board-dominating moron... with no hair.... and a dead-end, low-commision job.

You're very much like Michael Scott...your branch employees tolerate you more far more than they admire you.
What’s with the hair talk. Lots of beautiful men with no hair
GkIVPjK.jpg

Reactions: DELion and TheGLOV

wolve1972

Sep 3, 2018
Ah crap. Closer than I thought it would be. Need help on O.
If you ask any HONEST OSU fan, they'll tell you that PSU is always their biggest concern in the B1G. For whatever reason, PSU always gives OSU their best shot and toughest game in the BiG. Just the way it is. I have to believe that this would have been PSU's 1st loss if Clifford would have been healthy. I think the lack of a running game is what beat PSU in this one

Nbergbuck

Mar 31, 2004
I know this won’t fly here but I’m proud of how these kids fought. Everyone has them pegged to lose 51-7 after the Illinois game.

That hit in Iowa altered 2 games. It happens. I think this team closes out strong. This team lost because of a couple big plays that other teams in this conference can’t make.

probably the last post on this board. See you guys on the other side!!
Good game. It was close as I thought that it would be. Your kids played their hearts out. Won't be going to your new board. Good luck and it has been a pleasure most of the time.

AWS1022

Nov 12, 2011
He’s a f’ing terrible coach.
Of course he is, as are all coaches who lose any games. I have yet to see a message board that doesn’t blame every coach for every team that doesn’t go undefeated every year.

slykens

Nov 21, 2016
Pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Disappointed that it was basically there for the taking and the team couldn’t get it done.

Optimistic seeing the quality of play so drastically improved from last week. I think it’s reasonable to finish 3-1, maybe 4-0 if things break the team’s way.

Reactions: psu2016

orkie

Oct 19, 2002
Ohio State will lose three more games this year. I'm not impressed.
You guys have already lost three games. More to come. What a sore loser Who is going to beat the Bucks, Will learn from this believe that How many years have you GUYS lost three games or more

AWS1022

Nov 12, 2011
You guys have already lost three games. More to come. What a sore loser Who is going to beat the Bucks, Will learn from this believe that How many years have you GUYS lost three games or more
Yet you’re the one that comes on another team’s message board after a game that you won….what does that say about you? Hmm….

Reactions: psu00