ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Memphis Cotton Bowl Game Thread

You guys do realize our entire defense is predicated on getting pressure on a very consistent basis right? When we don't this is what happens in every game, whether a good opponent or not. It is what it is.

Reactions: ftlpsu and bdgan
No doubt, John Reid has been the Achilles Heal of this team. He consistently gets beat. Never the same since his injury.

Reactions: Omar81
Announcers already cutting on Penn State, but the team deserves it. Defense doesn’t look like they came to play.

Not sure that’s on Reid. I have less belief he makes the mental errors than I do our safeties. Hell Taylor started this game looking like he played dizzy bat.

I often disagree with Pry’s defensive philosophy against teams like this. Sometimes, you have to keep things in front of you. Get too aggressive against a team that can make deep throws and this is what happens.

Reactions: bdgan and PSU Soupy
This looks like a shootout. I was concerned our D would not be able to get off the field. 3rd downs kill us again.

You guys do realize our entire defense is predicated on getting pressure on a very consistent basis right? When we don't this is what happens in every game, whether a good opponent or not. It is what it is.
Because after week two teams figured this out but we still play same soft zone
All the QB has to do is have courage to hold ball and someone is going to be wide open

And we can’t seem to do that anymore...I’m not sure why not with the talent we have on the line.

I am seriously craving the time when PSU makes teams like this look silly. Not quite there yet but I believe they will get there sooner than later. They really need a win here though. I don't care if it's by 1 point.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
We do attack and leave the middle of the field open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT