ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Maryland Game Thread

All sarcasm aside, I find it odd that you bring in an OC and -as I see it- make him adapt to your current (struggling) offense, and not let him implement his own. Isn’t that why you bring new blood in? You like what they’ve done at their former school?

OL

I was totally worried when I heard CJF indicate that when KC was hired - he is in love with this offense and didn’t want too much disruption - ugh 🤦‍♂️

Upside....Covid times..... Downside.... no excuse. We had the dark years. I’m thinking I’m seeing the death years. Really unbelievable. The locker room looks lost.

The good/bad news is we won’t be hearing Franklin’s name for open HC jobs after this disaster of a season. Maybe he can take Sandy’s job when she retires.

Let's be clear...this program came back from a LOT worse.....so while this sucks and it does.....relax with that.

Yeah, that is spot on. Coaching/schemes aside, the team has zero leadership or identity. You said best - they're soft, and they play soft. This team is infinitely more talented than the Dark Years teams and there's no excuse for losing to Maryland. But, Franklin's recruiting misses and bad luck (mostly guys who were five star prospects who didn't play like one for whatever reason - Simmons, Slade, Wade, all the 4* guys on the OL, Johnson, Shorter, etc.) have exposed him as a CEO coach who has to out-talent other teams.

Anyway, looking forward to Stanford/Oregon tonight.

Let's be clear...this program came back from a LOT worse.....so while this sucks and it does.....relax with that.

You are 100% correct. My dumbass only looks at the negative sometimes... I still wish this team nothing but the best... Many terrific young men on this team.

Reactions: AvgUser
“First of all, I want to congratulate the Maryland coaching staff for outcoaching my staff this afternoon.....”

All sarcasm aside, I find it odd that you bring in an OC and -as I see it- make him adapt to your current (struggling) offense, and not let him implement his own. Isn’t that why you bring new blood in? You like what they’ve done at their former school?

OL
That’s what I said earlier this week, that it seems that Franklin told KC to adapt his O to what Franklin wants (i.e. a running qb), but was told by several posters that we wouldn’t pay KC all that money and not let him run his offense. Don’t know if Clifford is fully shell shocked at this point or Franklin isn’t letting KC run what he wants. One thing it certainly looks like is that Franklin has lost this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT