ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illinois game thread

There is a point where the offensive coaching staff and Franklin have to take serious heat for it. It’s not 1 or 2 bad games. They’ve been bad for years and the issue is never fixed.
There is an undeniable pattern...

Reactions: psu00
Didn't realize it was that bad but the PSU DL needs to get it together fast

I think we see how critical PJ was to the DL. We do NOT have a replacement. The biggest player on DL doesn't even play, and we cannot make this work with Tangelo moving over. This is the key to the entire game so far. 97 was key. it now forces the OFF to score on most possessions with a QB that is at half capability and cannot run.

Reactions: ftlpsu
Why are we not subbing for these 7 OL fronts? Goal line DL, man up any WRs. 4 DL are going to get eat up by Jumbo package. We are waiting on mistakes instead of forcing them.
Yep, some of those plays had 7 OL, 2 TE's, RB and QB. Why do we need CB's in the game? Safety's can cover the TE's.

Need 2 Safty's, 3 LB's and 6 DL........

Reactions: lazydave841
I'm okay with that. The end justifies the means.

It's not like Franklin is going to develop this upcoming class....
I guarantee the same posters who are unhappy with Franklin will be just as unhappy with is replacement.

Yes, just win at this point. But any hope I had of a shot at O$U because Clifford was back is out.
I agree at this point but if they can get out with a comfortable win (which I think they still will) and Clifford can get another week of treatment they could be more competitive next week. There so much recency bias and I get it. People want to forget the first half team against Iowa. That team was prepared and moving at will. Maybe this D is still working out missing PJ. Maybe they figure that out. Maybe they don’t. A healthy Clifford is the key.

This program just doesn't seem to have what it takes to get to the next level. Fading in the second half (last year doesn't count), terrible line play, poor tackling. Getting physically pounded by a nothing team. Never seems to change.

Curious...as to your first point, why doesn't last year count?

Poor to mediocre OL play has been the biggest team weakness in the Franklin era. We should start recruiting 2 star farm boys from the Midwest, seems to work for Iowa and Wisconsin.

Reactions: psu00 and tlbakernc
Ill is a garbage team. This is not the same as the other games. Outclassed in the running game every week. Thankfully Franklin can recruit, he surely needs more talent to win.

AWS it’s the coaches job to get the players u are referencing
And you don’t think Franklin recruits his ass off? There’s more to getting seven million 5 star players like OSU does than a coach.

Curious...as to your first point, why doesn't last year count?
Pandemic; nothing really at stake for anybody we played in the second half. Just a weird year all the way around. Same reason I didn't place much stock in the 0-5 start either.

Ill is a garbage team. This is not the same as the other games. Outclassed in the running game every week. Thankfully Franklin can recruit, he surely needs more talent to win.
Um, those ARE his recruits out there now

Reactions: psu00
Depressing spectacle. Sean not sharp. Running game continues comatose. A 2-5 team controlling both sides of the line and running all over our D on their touchdown drive. Zebras are...well...there are no words. I mean, seriously, it's to the point where these hose jobs, which get more outrageous by the week, are taking the fun out of the game. When does Franklin say he's had enough of this crap.

At this point, your objective has to be just win the game. Forget reviving the running game or any other goals you may have had coming in. Just get the freakin' W and then pray for a miracle next week.

🍸 Midnighter Bar Halftime Specials🍸

Des Moines Hangover - Johnny Walker Black, Honey Simple Syrup, Light Cream - $15.00

Homecoming - Yuengling Porter, Moet & Chandon - $13.00

O-Line -

Thank You for Zemaitis - North Shore Distillery Gin No. 11, Lillet Rose, Lemon Twist - $14.50

Outkicking Your Coverage - $4.2mm /year, No prenup.

⬇️

jen-bielema-vegas-594x594-4eb5536363693deac0df741b1f38e7fe.jpg

Malibu-ya - Grey Goose Vodka, Malibu Rum, One Way Ticket to Los Angeles - $2,000.00

Tip your bartenders folks - or they'll leave to work at McDonalds!

giphy.gif

Next 3 upcoming plays:
Run for .0000000001 yards
Incomplete pass
Sack

Really lethargic first half.

I thought I got a steal, locking in at Penn State -16.5. I think we will rebound and win, but doubting we cover.

And you don’t think Franklin recruits his ass off? There’s more to getting seven million 5 star players like OSU does than a coach.
This is the type of game performance where recruiting classes could fall apart. Read the other thread, supposedly Jordan Allen has recommitted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT