ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year’s Iowa Match

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
I have a few buddies here in the big city of Archbold who would love to be in that type of environment for a match.
Told them we would make the trip to the Happiest of Valleys next winter. They are in, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Will seats be available? Never attempted to get tickets for wrestling. Football you can always find them.
What would we expect to pay for decent seats? Not nose bleed.
TIA

OL

Reactions: hlstone
I have a few buddies here in the big city of Archbold who would love to be in that type of environment for a match.
Told them we would make the trip to the Happiest of Valleys next winter. They are in, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Will seats be available? Never attempted to get tickets for wrestling. Football you can always find them.
TIA

OL
Assuming it’s at the BJC (insert joke that it will actually be at CHA again), you’ll be able to get tickets if you’re on your game the second they go on sale OR are willing to pay premium on resale.

Last edited:
What he said! Not too hard to find tickets, but best price ones will go fast. And just about all seats in BJC are decent.

It’s been a few years since I’ve gone to a BJC match (I’ve found I prefer Rec Hall), but I don’t recall spending too much. Maybe $50ish a seat, give or take.

Don't assume we get them at home. Brand bros find a way to make this at CHA each year
TnT have no say where BIG duals are at. NONE. They do owe us a return dual from when we went to CHA for an out of conference dual. However, with the current rotation of BIG duals we will probably wrestle them every year for the near future will duals alternating home and home.

Don't assume we get them at home. Brand bros find a way to make this at CHA each year
I know enough about wrestling to enjoy watching. Not a close follower as those here. So, apologies for my ignorance.
How are the schedules not home and away rotating location each year? How would it be possible to wrestle multiple years in a row at the same location. Sounds illogical.

OL

Made me chuckle that Cael made an apparent reference to that during his presser today. At around the 3:20 mark below: "Some of our bigger duals were on the road this year too, you know, maybe when they should have been in State College."

TIA

OL

If you remind me when tix go on sale, I can buy 6 for your crew.

I know enough about wrestling to enjoy watching. Not a close follower as those here. So, apologies for my ignorance.
How are the schedules not home and away rotating location each year? How would it be possible to wrestle multiple years in a row at the same location. Sounds illogical.

OL
Yep!!!!

they don’t wrestle every year. 2 on and I think 2 off. The last time it was off, Psu said we need to wrestle Iowa every year for the good of the sport, and travelled to Iowa for a non-conf scheduled dual. Iowa was supposed to return the favor. Key words are suppose to.

OL

NCAA limits teams to 16 competition dates. With 14 B10 teams, we can't face them all every year.

So there is a year-by-year rotation, and some teams will get omitted in any given year.

When that happens, teams can choose to face each other non-conference. It's very rare but not impossible. Last time we did that was at Iowa.

Yep!!!!

they don’t wrestle every year. 2 on and I think 2 off. The last time it was off, Psu said we need to wrestle Iowa every year for the good of the sport, and travelled to Iowa for a non-conf scheduled dual. Iowa was supposed to return the favor. Key words are suppose to.
Per Seton Hall Pirate (who should know) the current rotation is we wrestle all 6 teams in the Eastern Division (MD, Rut, tOSU, UM, MSU, and Indy) every year and then we wrestle the two team from the Western Division that placed where we did so the top wo teams in the East meet the top two teams from the West so for the near future we will probably meet Iowa every year.

The 5.5 hour drive will really take a lot out of you.
When I shared season tickets for football, I would leave the house by 5:00. Drive in, watch the game, and drive home.
Did it alone once. My 22-year old and I can still do an out and back. Clearfield is a good hotel for the night of a white out.
You are correct, it takes a lot out of this 60-year old man!

OL

I was going to say. When I lived In Raleigh I would take my wife and 3 kids to every home game for the weekend.

will keep an eye on schedule would love to head back for the duel. Can’t drive but will fly from Myrtle.

TIA

OL
Keep my name on your list to contact! I have access to 1st choice as a season ticket holder! I'll be glad to hook you up with face value seats, we are allowed to buy 8 additional

Same here. I don't have anyone lined up for tickets yet either. Sometimes I buy extra for the local high school club though.

If we’re putting in requests 😅😉I haven’t been to a match since college. Attending winter sports used to conflict with my job, and then my daughter’s athletics always conflicted. Not that I would trade watching my kid compete for anything in the world!

Last edited:
TnT have no say where BIG duals are at. NONE. They do owe us a return dual from when we went to CHA for an out of conference dual. However, with the current rotation of BIG duals we will probably wrestle them every year for the near future will duals alternating home and home.
Can we please stop calling the Brands brothers TNT? That is way too cool of a nickname for those two stooges. In fact, that might be the way to go- The Two Stooges.

NCAA limits teams to 16 competition dates. With 14 B10 teams, we can't face them all every year.

So there is a year-by-year rotation, and some teams will get omitted in any given year.

When that happens, teams can choose to face each other non-conference. It's very rare but not impossible. Last time we did that was at Iowa.
does a tournament like midland/scuffle/collegiate duals count as 2 dates?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT