ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NCAA Wrestling Tournament - Finals Open Thread

I don’t find his faith disagreeable. Don’t put that on me. Many religious people find something interesting to say in the span of 4 years.
I find what he says extremely interesting and something that has eternal value as opposed to the regular thanking of coaches, family and teammates which indeed with thanking. But who doesn't know that.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Boring first period for the most part. 0-0. Yianni looking at the clock with 30 seconds left, kind of says it all.

Fireman's Carry yet again. How many times is Kerk going to give up the Fireman's Carry Dump to Parris this year??? Geez. Kerk finished virtually every leg attack he made last year... this year, he ends up in a scramble on top time-aftet-time.... lets Parris work to one side under his arm..... and dumps him. Has to be the 4th or 5th time I've seen Parris do the near identical thing!

Three things....
1. Parris wasn't healthy last year. He was this year. You could see the difference.
2. Parris adjusted and didn't allow Kerk to control his left wrist, which was the key for Kerk to slow him down and hit the swing single.
3. Parris won a Junior World Title with the same move. When Mason is on, that is his bread and butter and is near impossible to stop. He has dominated Cassioppi and others the same way. Two years ago I felt like HWT had 4 tiers... 1. Gable 2. Parris 3. Kerk/Cassioppi 4. Everybody else. Last year, it wasn't so clear cut.

Reactions: tikk10
None of the criteria is weighted in any particular order. It is very much personalized.

There was nobody close to as dominant as Zain was when Deringer's 3 championships were ruled superior.

It would be rare for it to go to a first time champ over an undefeated 3 time champ.
I hope you are right. I want Starocci to win. I just don’t think it happens.

I think it'll be Parris or they'll give it Yianni on career despite the loss.

FWIW, they need to pull this tournament in by a week to avoid basketball and 10 bouts shouldn't take 3+ hours
So who do you thinks broadcasts the tournament? Move the tournament by a week ESPN is busy broadcasting conference basketball tournaments. We can go back to tape delay, or 100 percent streaming.

Penn State wins 157.5 to 82.5 over Iowa. Only 2 champions but the most balanced team with 8 AA.
Great achievement and what a group of talent to build with. WE ARE BLESSED.

That's amazing wiining by 75 points. Just about everybody else would score 75 and call it a successful tournament.

Reactions: Fatmarc
I think Sasso’s style plays too well into Yianni’s. SVN would have beaten him with just a little more savvy at the end.

Reactions: 7Springs
Good for Yianni and Sasso, solid finale!

Bittersweet night for PSU, but still a weekend that any other fanbase would kill for! Feel for our guys that didn’t go out on top tonight - especially RBY, but so proud of all of them and so appreciative of all of their efforts! WE ARE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT