ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Brooks Sets HR Straight!

It may not be 100 but you started a lot. I'm not giving you crap about my kid either. I'm excited as hell and in a good spot in my life. Cheers Dude

First it was a 100, now its a lot. You drug me into something that I wasnt apart of. Now you want to walk it back? Thats BS.

You brought the thunder, now make it rain.

First it was a 100, now its a lot. You drug me into something that I wasnt apart of. Now you want to walk it back? Thats BS.

You brought the thunder, now make it rain.
Only God can make it rain. Maybe it would put out this dumpster fire

I’ve tried, it’s a lost cause.
If it's a lost cause, that speaks volumes. It used to be a fantastic wrestling board. I stopped going there for that very reason. That said, I won't stand for blatant lies against my university, its athletes, or its coaches.

Reactions: PSUer1989
If it's a lost cause, that speaks volumes. It used to be a fantastic wrestling board. I stopped going there for that very reason. That said, I won't stand for blatant lies against my university, its athletes, or its coaches.
It still is a fantastic wrestling board

I don’t participate in that sort of thing and have told multiple posters to keep it off of the wrestling message board. I’m always met with the same response, that we shouldn’t let it go and so on. I’m not saying that this board is worse but there is some drivel to wade through as well and it is not completely innocent. I’ve never accused Penn State of cheating in any capacity or participated in discussion of the sort. I try to have fun with this stuff but I understand I’m not helping matters by participating in threads like this so I’ll bow out at this point.

Only God can make it rain. Maybe it would put out this dumpster fire

nice deflect and since you clearly have admitted defeat on this matter lets talk serious things as in suds.....

can any of you Iowa guys tell me about this beer in which he speaks....

Reactions: D3wrestler
nice deflect and since you clearly have admitted defeat on this matter lets talk serious things as in suds.....

can any of you Iowa guys tell me about this beer in which he speaks....

Kentucky Brunch, Toppling Goliath Brewery?
I’ve never had it, but they have a lot of really great IPA’s and Stouts that are top-rated as well.

Turk, Why are you explaining what happens on the HR thread to these guys? I think the saying or one of the cool new hip sayings now is "you do you and I will do me." or is it "Just do you however you do you"? (Boy when you write that down, it sounds like something a under loved boy would say to his friend.)

Anyway the point is, go ahead and argue with these guys, but don't explain HR to them. HR is still the king of wrestling message boards and everyone knows that.
You go boy!

Reactions: D3wrestler
Way to deflect from his bet. McD's cutting wages?
When I said "probably 100" I left room for movement. Not sure how many he started but it was a lot. Plus if I have extra 100$ bills it's going towards diapers or my sons college slush fund.:D And no I don't work at McDonald's not that there is anything wrong with that. I worked as a non union carpenter for several years until 4 months ago. I needed better insurance for the kid so I joined back into the Sheetmetal workers union. I'm not rich but do alright

Reactions: nitlion6
When I said "probably 100" I left room for movement. Not sure how many he started but it was a lot. Plus if I have extra 100$ bills it's going towards diapers or my sons college slush fund.:D And no I don't work at McDonald's not that there is anything wrong with that. I worked as a non union carpenter for several years until 4 months ago. I needed better insurance for the kid so I joined back into the Sheetmetal workers union. I'm not rich but do alright

If $100 means more to the diaper fund then to "owning bwi poster dunkej01", then maybe you should either move to PA or start a gundfundme page.

heck did you even go and look before you sprinted past the goal posts? Maybe you were closer than you think;)

This thread was merely headed towards a dumpster fire status but then you went full napalm and started the talk about IPA's. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Reactions: dunkej01
VP3pj-1497298730-embed-insert.jpg

Reactions: tikk10
Based on the tone of the conversation on this thread, I'd say we can all agree that we'd love to see Iowa/PSU dual this year (and every year).

I would kindly encourage any of our Iowa friends who agree, to go and promote the idea on HR. I'd love to see an HR thread strongly promoting this idea. I know there's a lot of logistics involved in off year duals. But Cael made it happen, so I'm thinking Tnt can as well.

I may have missed this in the past, but.....for all the PSU chatter on HR, I don't ever remember seeing any Hawkeye fan on HR demanding Tnt get this done. Annual PSU Iowa dual has to be the one idea we can all agree on. We all want to see our sport grow. Annual PSU Iowa dual has to help, right? What do you say Turk, you on board?

Just in case any of our HR brethren missed my original post, I'll ask again....wouldn't we all love to see these 2 squads square off this year??? Wouldn't it be awesome for Spencer to have an additional chance to square off in front of the home state crowd?? Come on, let's try and make this happen!!!!

Just in case any of our HR brethren missed my original post, I'll ask again....wouldn't we all love to see these 2 squads square off this year??? Wouldn't it be awesome for Spencer to have an additional chance to square off in front of the home state crowd?? Come on, let's try and make this happen!!!!
More likely Iowa agrees to travel to SWPA and schedule a double dual against Pitt and Seton Hill.

More likely Iowa agrees to travel to SWPA and schedule a double dual against Pitt and Seton Hill.

Iowa to sPitt and UPJ to the IC Duals.....I believe this was noted in chapter 67 of the 3" binder of gold intel

#makeyounggunzgreatagain

Reactions: nitlion6
Kentucky Brunch, Toppling Goliath Brewery?
I’ve never had it, but they have a lot of really great IPA’s and Stouts that are top-rated as well.

10 miles north of me. I just aint an IPA guy. When they have "debuts" of new beers they sell tickets at (I have heard) $100 and you get two glasses of the new beer. I will say one thing... "they really know how to market their product" :)

Or maybe the Hawks could schedule the United States Army to wrestle
If it was Cael not being willing to reciprocate a trip Brands had made previously, your post would carry with it some merit.
I know for a fact Cael believes Iowa and Penn State should compete in a dual every year and the reason the match wasn't scheduled in 2015-16 was because they could not agree where the match should be held. Brands refused to travel to State College despite it being his turn. In turn Cael wasn't going to Iowa City that year.

This talk about Turk's kid and the banter back and forth reminded me of my Dad's party this weekend.
So my Dad, who I was always close with recently moved near Ottumwa, IA and we don't see him as often anymore, so when he had his birthday party in IA City, many of my family members showed up. All Hawk fans of course.
We ate at Old Chicago, and at one point I got up to relieve myself and grab another beer.
When I came back to the party room, my cousin and my uncle were holding my Grandson (my buddy) who is going to be three in three months.
They were taking videos getting him to root for Iowa, teasing that they had turned him.
I held out my arms, and he ran to me, I picked him up and said "We Are!" and he yelled "Penn State" I did it a couple more times, and we all laughed.
We had had our fun so I sat him down, and because he had made us laugh he wasn't done yet.
He started running around the place yelling "We Are Penn State" far too loud.
His Mom snatched him up and got him to say it a little quieter.

I love Penn State, and Hawk fans love their Hawkeyes.
I always look at things a little different than many of you though, as when you generalize an entire fan base, that's my other family.
Not that HR isn't often exactly what many of you have said, but watch how fast BWI would turn into HR if another team were to begin to dominate.
It's great to win. It's fun to rub it in, but there is a limit. Knowing that limit is the difference between friendly banter and being an asshole.
Both of these wrestling forums have lost their way, hope it's just offseason.

If that were to happen, what are the chances that Pitt pulls a Nico and forfeits to Spencer?
First - I hope nobody ff to Spencer. Spencer is the dude at 125 and no matter what I would think every kid wants their shot.

Second - I didn't follow the "pulls a Nico".?

10 miles north of me. I just aint an IPA guy. When they have "debuts" of new beers they sell tickets at (I have heard) $100 and you get two glasses of the new beer. I will say one thing... "they really know how to market their product" :)
Is it all hipsters? Are there even hipsters in north iowa?

First - I hope nobody ff to Spencer. Spencer is the dude at 125 and no matter what I would think every kid wants their shot.

Second - I didn't follow the "pulls a Nico".?

I think it was Nico's Soph year, we traveled to Pitt and they started off the meet by forfeiting to Nico, a Pittsburgh area native. I think Nico was ranked in the top five at the time and the scuttlebutt was that Pitt had at least one healthy 125 pounder available and chose not to let Nico wrestle in front of his hometown fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT