ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Brooks Sets HR Straight!

Oh, my, where to begin regarding those two! ANY IPA from either place rocks it, but, of course, Toppling Goliath reigns supreme. When in Decorah, there is also another brewery called Pulpit Rock, which makes equally good IPA's (it was a split from a partnership at TG, so in the same spirit as TG).

Singlespeed just gets better and better and owned by a state champ from New Hampton in 1993. Right now they are best at their IPA's and their sours. You really can't go wrong with any beer from them, but those are their two specialties right now. CF also has another brewery, but it's not very good, and the other great one we have/had, Lark Brewing in Waterloo, is looking for a new location.

As I said, I'm one of the good guys, so give me a holler if you're up here and want to meet for a beer (or one too many, as I usually do).

I’ve never had Pulpit Rock or SingleSpeed but go for TG every time I see it on tap. Maybe if Iowa ever wrestles UNI I will hit you up for a beer.

I’ve never had Pulpit Rock or SingleSpeed but go for TG every time I see it on tap. Maybe if Iowa ever wrestles UNI I will hit you up for a beer.
Singlespeed now cans their beers and is distributing statewide. If you're in Iowa, it's likely in your area, or close to it, now.

Reactions: Mpchillin
pHgEh0d.jpg

bitter is the wrong word I believe. I'm not bitter at all. I respect Cael and the Lions a lot. Come along ways in a short time. Impressive feat indeed.

This board is indeed like HR. You just see it from a Penn State point of view. I will agree to disagree. There are Yahoo's on both boards just more of them on HR due to the volume of traffic and posters.

I will agree however the cheating, Sandusky, slush fund stuff gets old and some of the closed minded members wont let that stuff go. I don't join in on that crap other than to suggest to quit mentioning it. I think I've even said several times the things Sandusky did years ago have nothing at all to do with the wrestling team nowadays so drop it.
Drop the word "nowadays". Sign it (3-XXX'es will do) and that should cover it. Have a good day.

If anybody from BWI gets that far north in IA... I better be on the calling list. I was just down in Harmony, MN the other day, trying to figure out whether or not to head to Decorah after picking up pickling cucumbers from the Amish.

I wondered how long it would take to get a snitch thread over here. :p I get a kick out of you guys kissing Mr Brooks but on HR and telling him to proceed with caution on HR.. But come to BWI where WE ARE better than everyone else! LMAO
We REALLY are that much better than everyone else. :) I think we've proven that year, after year, after year.... after that year, and another year... add in a few more years in between. What other proof do you need? o_O

Last edited:
I just had a dogfish head flesh & blood IPA this evening. It was all right for an IPA.

A totally different taste but I have been hooked this summer on Dogfish Sea quench Ale.
Sierra Nevada's Summer Lager... not a lot crap thrown in. The problem with IPAs (besides being trendy) is that you can hide not so good beer with the hops. Can't screw up a lager or pilsner type cause everyone will know...

No worries Turk, I’d be angry too after dominating and then having this Eastern team beat the balls off you for the Last decade.
Where's the 1000 like button jschrantz... I can't find it to hit it multiple times for your truthfulness in why WildTurk is so defensive or mad at what Nittany Lion fans do? Why would he care if his "butt" didn't hurt from ass whoopings from as far east as say... State College. Yah know???

Reactions: jschrantz
Hawks vs PSU football best games of 2017 on ESPNU right now btw. Great game, bad ending:oops:
It was a GLORIOUS ending. Penn State went right down the field on that last drive with play makers making plays. Carved out Hawkeye hearts and the silence in Kinnick was deafening. Good guys had to come out on top and Penn State's play makers with efficiency got it done.

Sierra Nevada's Summer Lager... not a lot crap thrown in. The problem with IPAs (besides being trendy) is that you can hide not so good beer with the hops. Can't screw up a lager or pilsner type cause everyone will know...
Ive been eyeing up the sierra Nevada summer ale but haven't bought it yet. I'll make that my next case.

Definitely true about lagers and pilsners. I'll add stouts to that also. If it's bad, it's bad. There is no polishing that turd.

Where's the 1000 like button jschrantz... I can't find it to hit it multiple times for your truthfulness in why WildTurk is so defensive or mad at what Nittany Lion fans do? Why would he care if his "butt" didn't hurt from ass whoopings from as far east as say... State College. Yah know???

This all started Malone because everyone on HR loves Seth Nevills so much they are deeply concerned Cael would dare try to bring in another Hwt to compete and possibly improve his own team(what a snake that Carl is) PS: this has nothing to do with all the FUN his crew has been having at Iowa’s expense ;-) I then cautioned Mr. Brooks about participating as a parent on HR, just not worth his time IMO. Many on HR then went after Willie for defending Cael trying to improve his own team. How dare he?

Reactions: amalone and Hotshoe
It was a GLORIOUS ending. Penn State went right down the field on that last drive with play makers making plays. Carved out Hawkeye hearts and the silence in Kinnick was deafening. Good guys had to come out on top and Penn State's play makers with efficiency got it done.

Juwan took a dump on Iowa City brother , Loved It!

Reactions: amalone
Ha ha fellas. Just talking wrestling.
Not sure if you have girls but as you have read some of us would rather deal with wrestling issues than teenage girls. My youngest if the three girls is just starting high school.

I disagree. 95% of my beer I drink is an IPA and a bad one sticks out like a sore thumb, usually because it's too malty and not enough hop.

If anybody from BWI gets that far north in IA... I better be on the calling list. I was just down in Harmony, MN the other day, trying to figure out whether or not to head to Decorah after picking up pickling cucumbers from the Amish.
Obviously, you know about Harmony, but I always like to ask Iowans who either go there or through there for the first time if they spotted any Amish. Of course they think I'm mad for asking and/or wonder how the heck I guessed that.

This all started Malone because everyone on HR loves Seth Nevills so much they are deeply concerned Cael would dare try to bring in another Hwt to compete and possibly improve his own team(what a snake that Carl is) PS: this has nothing to do with all the FUN his crew has been having at Iowa’s expense ;-) I then cautioned Mr. Brooks about participating as a parent on HR, just not worth his time IMO. Many on HR then went after Willie for defending Cael trying to improve his own team. How dare he?
Jschrantz... much to do with sheer resentment that Cael and his teams are that good. Tearing at the very fabric they used to live by. Being made obsolete in a sport where you used to live in the same rarified air is choking most Hawkeye fans out. And most in their dissenting breaths against such perfection created by Cael... are choking on their own distorted words and completely made up scenarios. Let them choke until Cael reaches 20 National Titles and then they can choke on their own s--- coming from their pout induced mouths. It won't change what is being accomplished at their expense. Choke happily you little forgettable p--- ants and contemptible little b----es.

Reactions: jschrantz
Remember when Adrian Clayborn took a shat on State college? Good times
Iowa being forgettable in the hierarchy of college wrestling going on a decade now... Good times.

You'll figure it out... probably never. o_O

Iowa being forgettable in the hierarchy of college wrestling going on a decade now... Good times.

so do you remember the Adrian Clayborn scoop and score or not? o_O

Iowa is far from forgettable in hierarchy of college wrestling. That's why you guys bring them up every single day on BWI. Come on man. You been around long enough to know better

Jschrantz... much to do with sheer resentment that Cael and his teams are that good. Tearing at the very fabric they used to live by. Being made obsolete in a sport where you used to live in the same rarified air is choking most Hawkeye fans out. And most in their dissenting breaths against such perfection created by Cael... are choking on their own distorted words and completely made up scenarios. Let them choke until Cael reaches 20 National Titles and then they can choke on their own s--- coming from their pout induced mouths. It won't change what is being accomplished at their expense. Choke happily you little forgettable p--- ants and contemptible little b----es.
I remember when I used to drink on Sundays. Name calling.. Classy

Juwan took a dump on Iowa City brother , Loved It!
You know jschrantz.... the dumb look on Iowa Hawkeye fans was the similar dumb look that Ohio State fans had after they stood up and then had to sit their "not so fast" asses down when Bo elevated Myles Martin from a seated position... chinned him and stuck him like Bo's done in the past to Myles. Ohio State fans forgot who Myles was wrestling. Bo pinned Myles quickly so as to remind them.

Iowa's future in a football stadium when playing Penn State has been sealed by James Franklin's meteoric rise to prominence. James is just a tad bit better at recruiting that Kirk Ferentz. It seems to be mirroring Cael's formula for success. Turk might have seen the last Iowa Hawkeye win in his lifetime.

Last edited:
If this thread continues until Kerk commits to a school, it will be a long thread.....and I'm hoping for some more cool Icelandic vacation pics. :)
Agree....it will long and entertaining for sure.

I’ll go ahead predict though that Dunke’s twitter thread eventually smashes any longest thread records. If that’s what he was going for he displayed pure brilliance with his strategy.

Reactions: dunkej01
... I’ll go ahead predict though that Dunke’s twitter thread eventually smashes any longest thread records. If that’s what he was going for he displayed pure brilliance with his strategy.
I have another good strategy. I’m going to start a thread called “Penn State Wins AGAIN!” Then every time Penn State wins again, we can post to the thread and say, “Yup. They won again.” ;)

I like Dogfish Head IPA's, but they do tend to be on the meltier side, versus the hoppy side, which is what n IPA should be. When I have an IPA I want hops, dammit and nothing else!

Why on earth would you freeze a beer in the first place?

Decade? They haven't won anything in 18 years. Well, that double recruiting class was successful for a few seasons. However, without a double recruiting class they have won squat over the past 18 seasons.

Decade? They haven't won anything in 18 years. Well, that double recruiting class was successful for a few seasons. However, without a double recruiting class they have won squat over the past 18 seasons.
Why do you have to be like that? 23 national titles since 1975. History didn't start in 2011

I'm curious, do Hawk fans level the same charges against Ryan for trying to recruit over Singletary?

Why do you have to be like that? 23 national titles since 1975. History didn't start in 2011
I'm finding it ironic that one of your main jabs on here lately is about BWI "snitches" and why BWI posters head over to the HR, when you practically live here lately. Your post count here vs. HR must be 10:1. You're the poster child of not being able to get enough wrestling conversation to stay on one board (so are many here including me), but you find fault in those who venture over to the HR because it happens to be one of about 1/2 dozen active wrestling-centric message boards that exist.
Irony #2 is that you repeatedly label the "extremists" over on the HR as part of the 5% that should be ignored and that all boards have them, but lately over here all you do is engage our version of the "extremists."
You were much better in the good old boy, loyal Hawkeye fan incarnation, than the bitter troll-like version that appears of late. Impending fatherhood pressure? Work related stress?

I'm finding it ironic that one of your main jabs on here lately is about BWI "snitches" and why BWI posters head over to the HR, when you practically live here lately. Your post count here vs. HR must be 10:1. You're the poster child of not being able to get enough wrestling conversation to stay on one board (so are many here including me), but you find fault in those who venture over to the HR because it happens to be one of about 1/2 dozen active wrestling-centric message boards that exist.
Irony #2 is that you repeatedly label the "extremists" over on the HR as part of the 5% that should be ignored and that all boards have them, but lately over here all you do is engage our version of the "extremists."
You were much better in the good old boy, loyal Hawkeye fan incarnation, than the bitter troll-like version that appears of late. Impending fatherhood pressure? Work related stress?
some of you guys head to HR and drag back any vile thing that's said over then you attack all of the "HR cesspool". I simply defend. How many threads have you seen me start on HR about PSU? When is the last time I said anything bad about a PSU wrestler? I guess I'm your version of an extremist because I'm a Hawkeye fan. My post count is more here lately but it's not always that way. I post on 6-7 different boards

I did not go back to 2011. I drifted back in time to 2000. You know, the last time Iowa won a national team championship with their own recruits.

Just wait until Metcalf graduates has a completely different meaning than just wait until Taylor and Ruth graduate.

Turk... your merely going back 43 years in history to counter what Iowa wrestling has become with Cael now managing the most fertile wrestling grounds in our country. There is Pennsylvania wrestling and then there is Penn State wrestling. We grow Ed Ruth's, Zain Retherford's, Quentin Wright's, Jason Nolf's and Vincenzo Joseph's on trees. That's how Penn State has won 7 out of 8 National Titles. Cael used the Slush Fund to buy the tree. So run back to HR and tell the conspiracy theory numbskulls the truth. And the Slush Fund is used to prune the tree so the once in a generation guys that were produced last year, are produced the next year and become the new crop of once in a generation wrestlers wrestling for Penn State. It's simple. Don't make it complicated for your brethren to understand.

They'll pervert the story somehow, saying "Carl", whoever he is, stole the tree from Gable, bought the tree with misappropriated fund, used Sandusky's retirement money to buy the tree. It will all work itself out with the lunatics that run the asylum over on HR. Now run along and don't give us Iowa was relevant 43 years ago. I don't care and history for you has a way of NOT repeating itself of late. Not remotely. Your tree died a long time ago and it had a name, Double Producer or Double Recruiting, which ever you prefer. And Cael's is growing to the heavens. Whoever said, great wrestlers don't grow on trees is an IDIOT or an HR poster or both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikefontenot27
some of you guys head to HR and drag back any vile thing that's said over then you attack all of the "HR cesspool". I simply defend. How many threads have you seen me start on HR about PSU? When is the last time I said anything bad about a PSU wrestler? I guess I'm your version of an extremist because I'm a Hawkeye fan. My post count is more here lately but it's not always that way. I post on 6-7 different boards
Find me an instance where I lumped you in with the extremists. I didn't. I just said that you pretty much spend all your time engaging them here defending what they are saying about what you label the extremists over on the HR. Follow your own advice and chalk up fans that can't stand Iowa just like you advise us to chalk up fans that can't stand PSU.

Find me an instance where I lumped you in with the extremists. I didn't. I just said that you pretty much spend all your time engaging them here defending what they are saying about what you label the extremists over on the HR. Follow your own advice and chalk up fans that can't stand Iowa just like you advise us to chalk up fans that can't stand PSU.
I tell you what diceman you post how you want and i will do the same. I've been doing it for years and will continue to support my Hawkeyes

ADVERTISEMENT