ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Brooks Sets HR Straight!

I tell you what diceman you post how you want and i will do the same. I've been doing it for years and will continue to support my Hawkeyes
Agreed. But who do you think is telling you not to support your Hawkeyes?

I remember when I used to drink on Sundays. Name calling.. Classy
It seems that Iowa Hawkeye football players drink on Sundays also... then get behind the wheel of moving cars or get into police cars thinking they're Uber rides. CLASSIC.

The top threads here are more often then not Iowa related. Been that way for awhile

It seems that Iowa Hawkeye football players drink on Sundays also... then get behind the wheel of moving cars or get into police cars thinking they're Uber rides. CLASSIC.
Has a been state football player or wrestler ever been arrested for doing something dumb? Should I look it up?

Says the guy who comes from a board where the top thread is "PSU Cheats", the second thread is "ISU Fans", the third thread is a PSU-bashing dumpster fire ....

Sure. Great place, that HR. :rolleyes:

Lol, you talk more about Brands and Iowa than PSU. A PSU guy started the PSU sucks thread, hmmm. The first thread on here is about what HR says, lol.

The top threads here are more often then not Iowa related. Been that way for awhile

That's simply not true. We have zero unless you consider this thread. Yet y'all still talking pedo crap, cover up, slush funds, summer camps and peds. Go look for yourself.

Reactions: D3wrestler
That's simply not true. We have zero unless you consider this thread. Yet y'all still talking pedo crap, cover up, slush funds, summer camps and peds. Go look for yourself.
0 other than this one? Lol. Who is y"all?

It must be nice to live in your world, lol.

dumpster-fire.gif

Been reading both boards for a few years. Don't post much, but I had to check your claim.

First few pages of HR has PSU cheats #1(today), Kerkvliet #2, which devolved into a Cael cheats thread (7/25). Sanderson/Molinero #16 (7/25). Paterno reference in the headline of Jim Jordan post #46 (7/3)

BWI Wrestling room has Mr Brooks #1(7/29), then all the way back to #55 for news flash on Sam Stoll shooting (7/5). #83 favorable post on Gable (6/26). #88 post on Renteria transfer (6/24). #123 favorable post about Flow on Gable (6/11). Desanto #183 (4/30).

I don't see obsession on either board, but can't buy your assertion that top threads on BWI are more often than not Iowa related.

Reactions: danoftw
PSU cheats thread was started by a PSU fan. Rutgers fans have piled on with the Sandusky crap. Other anonymous Cyclone fans pose as Hawkeye fans in the past to make HR look worse.
Dunkej has probably started 100 Iowa threads in the last year. Maybe not as much lately being so far from nationals now. Even if the thread doesn't have Iowa in the name it doesn't take long for the Hawkeyes to be brought up. I read most threads on both boards. I'm not making this up!

It's all good though. The season cant get here soon enough. Ready for some football aswell!

I'm sure if we keep talking, we will persuade lots of people to our point of view. :)
I don't want HR folks to see it my or our way. Who would be left to make fun of. Pitt is always a good option, but there are no Pitt wrestling fans. Just people who go watch Pitt wrestle, but nobody cares enough to post on a message board.
Lehigh fans started a board that requires all 6 of their posters to know the secret handshake, followed by the code "wewishweweremorelikepsu" to log on to their site so can't really make fun there either.

PSU cheats thread was started by a PSU fan. Rutgers fans have piled on with the Sandusky crap. Other anonymous Cyclone fans pose as Hawkeye fans in the past to make HR look worse.
Dunkej has probably started 100 Iowa threads in the last year. Maybe not as much lately being so far from nationals now. Even if the thread doesn't have Iowa in the name it doesn't take long for the Hawkeyes to be brought up. I read most threads on both boards. I'm not making this up!

It's all good though. The season cant get here soon enough. Ready for some football aswell!
I agree, all good. We have to remember that the BIG 10 is the only real wrestling conference, and Iowa, tOSU, and PSU are currently the BIG 3 (sorry Meat Chicken, you have a ways to go). If we can't post about our rivals, what can we post about :rolleyes:

I don't want HR folks to see it my or our way. Who would be left to make fun of. Pitt is always a good option, but there are no Pitt wrestling fans. Just people who go watch Pitt wrestle, but nobody cares enough to post on a message board.
In fairness, there are no Pitt football fans either.

Heinz_Field02.jpg

Been reading both boards for a few years. Don't post much, but I had to check your claim.

First few pages of HR has PSU cheats #1(today), Kerkvliet #2, which devolved into a Cael cheats thread (7/25). Sanderson/Molinero #16 (7/25). Paterno reference in the headline of Jim Jordan post #46 (7/3)

BWI Wrestling room has Mr Brooks #1(7/29), then all the way back to #55 for news flash on Sam Stoll shooting (7/5). #83 favorable post on Gable (6/26). #88 post on Renteria transfer (6/24). #123 favorable post about Flow on Gable (6/11). Desanto #183 (4/30).

I don't see obsession on either board, but can't buy your assertion that top threads on BWI are more often than not Iowa related.
Gotta define "top." If a thread here has more than 4 pages and it's less than a week old, there's a 87% chance it's about Iowa, and a 97%% chance that those by page 3 are either about who booed Spencer in Hershey and why, or who Vodka is going to call next. I've mostly learned to just ignore these threads; and I don't even go to HR unless directed to from here--because, you know, I have some semblance of a life to attend to, and Iowa is the stinkin' enemy. :)

Reactions: tikk10
Based on the tone of the conversation on this thread, I'd say we can all agree that we'd love to see Iowa/PSU dual this year (and every year).

I would kindly encourage any of our Iowa friends who agree, to go and promote the idea on HR. I'd love to see an HR thread strongly promoting this idea. I know there's a lot of logistics involved in off year duals. But Cael made it happen, so I'm thinking Tnt can as well.

I may have missed this in the past, but.....for all the PSU chatter on HR, I don't ever remember seeing any Hawkeye fan on HR demanding Tnt get this done. Annual PSU Iowa dual has to be the one idea we can all agree on. We all want to see our sport grow. Annual PSU Iowa dual has to help, right? What do you say Turk, you on board?

It was a GLORIOUS ending. Penn State went right down the field on that last drive with play makers making plays. Carved out Hawkeye hearts and the silence in Kinnick was deafening. Good guys had to come out on top and Penn State's play makers with efficiency got it done.

It was even better sitting high on the 50 yard line. The silence was deafening. Never have I seen a more quiet 70,000 make its way out of the stadium. It was a beautiful thing, though I had to not talk to my Iowa born spouse for a little while until the hurt wore off. I am hoping to talk to her sometime this season. ;-)

Reactions: amalone
Based on the tone of the conversation on this thread, I'd say we can all agree that we'd love to see Iowa/PSU dual this year (and every year).

I would kindly encourage any of our Iowa friends who agree, to go and promote the idea on HR. I'd love to see an HR thread strongly promoting this idea. I know there's a lot of logistics involved in off year duals. But Cael made it happen, so I'm thinking Tnt can as well.

I may have missed this in the past, but.....for all the PSU chatter on HR, I don't ever remember seeing any Hawkeye fan on HR demanding Tnt get this done. Annual PSU Iowa dual has to be the one idea we can all agree on. We all want to see our sport grow. Annual PSU Iowa dual has to help, right? What do you say Turk, you on board?
Well, with all the stuff I've read this morning on these boards (no access this past wkend)... I can't imagine Cael or TnT coming close to these forums...

It was even better sitting high on the 50 yard line. The silence was deafening. Never have I seen a more quiet 70,000 make its way out of the stadium. It was a beautiful thing, though I had to not talk to my Iowa born spouse for a little while until the hurt wore off. I am hoping to talk to her sometime this season. ;-)
Is your Iowa born spouse “corn fed” so to speak? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more

Turk, Why are you explaining what happens on the HR thread to these guys? I think the saying or one of the cool new hip sayings now is "you do you and I will do me." or is it "Just do you however you do you"? (Boy when you write that down, it sounds like something a under loved boy would say to his friend.)

Anyway the point is, go ahead and argue with these guys, but don't explain HR to them. HR is still the king of wrestling message boards and everyone knows that.

Well, with all the stuff I've read this morning on these boards (no access this past wkend)... I can't imagine Cael or TnT coming close to these forums...
I too doubt they put a whole lot of time into mentally devouring every word written on either board, but I would wager they generally have some idea of the topics.

I too doubt they put a whole lot of time into mentally devouring every word written on either board, but I would wager they generally have some idea of the topics.
I take it back... they probably scan FOR MESSAGES LIKE THIS!!!!! A MUST !!! ;) but we haven't seen much of those lately. Maybe they have a direct connect to Spyker.

I take it back... they probably scan FOR MESSAGES LIKE THIS!!!!! A MUST !!! ;) but we haven't seen much of those lately. Maybe they have a direct connect to Spyker.
No man. No direct contact with Spyker, but when they do need Spyker. Well Spyker just knows and Spyker will full court press them.

Lol, you talk more about Brands and Iowa than PSU. A PSU guy started the PSU sucks thread, hmmm. The first thread on here is about what HR says, lol.
I disagree to a point. Occasionally Brands is a subject on here. This board had some fun this past year with 2 time national champion PD the indomitable number 3. Generally speaking though, the majority of this board's fun poking is directed towards HR and the personality of that particular board and some of the personalities who regularly contribute to defining HR's personality. There is some University of Iowa and their wrestling program underlying the jist of the "making fun of", but the majority of the laughter comes directly from the goofiness of HR itself.

The overwhelming fixation HR has with Penn State wrestling is, well the superiority of Penn State and as many outrageous explanations as to why that superiority exists.

Before you give an explicit example attempting to discredit my generalization I acknowledge there are obvious exceptions.

Dunkej has probably started 100 Iowa threads in the last year. Maybe not as much lately being so far from nationals now.

How about you go and count the threads that I have started in the last year with anything related to the hawks in the title.

If there are a 100 as you say there are I will donate to the HWC....so if there is 103 threads, Ill donate $103 to the HWC.

However if there is less than 100, you will donate that # to WFL. The NLWC doesnt need your $ :p:cool::eek::D

Deal?

PS-dont give me this crap about having a kid on the way. Your a self made man and can afford to cash the check your fingers wrote.

You don't see many people harping on the fact, for example, that Iowa is among the doormats academically in the B1G. We could mock that all day, every day. But we don't. We stay classy. :D

How about you go and count the threads that I have started in the last year with anything related to the hawks in the title.

If there are a 100 as you say there are I will donate to the HWC....so if there is 103 threads, Ill donate $103 to the HWC.

However if there is less than 100, you will donate that # to WFL. The NLWC doesnt need your $ :p:cool::eek::D

Deal?

PS-dont give me this crap about having a kid on the way. Your a self made man and can afford to cash the check your fingers wrote.
It may not be 100 but you started a lot. I'm not giving you crap about my kid either. I'm excited as hell and in a good spot in my life. Cheers Dude

It must be nice to live in your world, lol.
Here's a thought. Go back to your board and ask a simple question. This really shouldn't be hard. To all the ignorant big mouths there...Name one single charge of cover up that was prosecuted. Simply name it. If not, do us all a favor. Go back and clean up the utter ignorance. Then start talking about wrestling. Your's and their schtick is beyond old. In other words. Put up or shut up. See y'all on the mats this winter. Keep it at wrestling. It really shouldn't be that hard.

Here's a thought. Go back to your board and ask a simple question. This really shouldn't be hard. To all the ignorant big mouths there...Name one single charge of cover up that was prosecuted. Simply name it. If not, do us all a favor. Go back and clean up the utter ignorance. Then start talking about wrestling. Your's and their schtick is beyond old. In other words. Put up or shut up. See y'all on the mats this winter. Keep it at wrestling. It really shouldn't be that hard.

I’ve tried, it’s a lost cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT