ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan: 0 punts.

That first fake penalty killed the gamer in my view
No matter how good Michigan is up front you have to look at this game with some kind of serious view at what I'd going on with player development and strength and conditioning. Indiana made them punt. So did Colorado State.

Reactions: psu00
The Penn State front 7 just isn't good enough. This was a known weakness going into the season.
They couldn't stop a Michigan drive once, except a pick 6.
That's not good enough.
That set the tone for the entire game.

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
The Penn State front 7 just isn't good enough. This was a known weakness going into the season.
They couldn't stop a Michigan drive once, except a pick 6.
That's not good enough.
That set the tone for the entire game.
But this was far beyond the line. This requires a close look at how we are doing things. Again, Indiana made them punt

Reactions: psu00
But this was far beyond the line. This requires a close look at how we are doing things. Again, Indiana made them punt

Michigan played fairly vanilla vs Indiana. I am sure we tweaked some things for Penn State.

I think your defense is primarily built to stop Ohio State's crazy passing offense. You have more athletic, speedier players throughout your D. Power running games (like Iowa and Illinois) use more beef.

Reactions: bison13
I didn't see the game. How did Michigan get so many big runs? Even if the push our DL back we should have LBs there to stop the RB after 6 yards or so. Did we get caught blitzing and leaving the middle of the field open?

I didn't see the game. How did Michigan get so many big runs? Even if the push our DL back we should have LBs there to stop the RB after 6 yards or so. Did we get caught blitzing and leaving the middle of the field open?
No, they opened gigantic holes and we had terrible tackling.

They ran the simple Duo. The back read the LB and cut accordingly.

The key to beating UM is simple. Get a score or two up on them and take them out of their running game. PSU - obviously - didn't have the offense to do that

I only saw the 2nd half. We're in Nashville and stopped at a sports bar to eat lunch. It was so bad that I just laughed as it was just a sad pathetic comedy of errors. Picture the 3 Stooges playing football.

D looked just plain awful. I know they were on the field a ton because the O was awful as well. Absolutely awful tackling when they could be bothered enough to get near a Michigan ball carrier. Your average high school team has better fundamentals and is more physical.

James and the rest of the staff should walk back to State College pack their offices and get the hell out. I have to think the new AD is either plotting how to rid himself of James or looking for a new AD position to save himself the aggravation.

Reactions: KCLion
I only saw the 2nd half. We're in Nashville and stopped at a sports bar to eat lunch. It was so bad that I just laughed as it was just a sad pathetic comedy of errors. Picture the 3 Stooges playing football.

D looked just plain awful. I know they were on the field a ton because the O was awful as well. Absolutely awful tackling when they could be bothered enough to get near a Michigan ball carrier. Your average high school team has better fundamentals and is more physical.

James and the rest of the staff should walk back to State College pack their offices and get the hell out. I have to think the new AD is either plotting how to rid himself of James or looking for a new AD position to save himself the aggravation.
But at least one member of this board insists that CJF is the reincarnation of JoePa. 🤔

I wonder if that Aaron Donald QUOTE by Franklin had anything to do with all that weight loss by Beamon last year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT