ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State dominates Michigan State 42-0 to finish regular season 10-2

No I’m happy but the gap between top three and rest of league is gigantic
That’s definitely true, but there’s also a pretty big gap this season between the top two in the ACC, Big 12 and PAC 12 and the rest. I hate to say this, but the SEC probably has more great to good teams this season than any other conference, with UGA, Bama, MO, Ole Miss, and LSU. However, there’s really only one great team in the SEC this season and that’s UGA, and they’re not as good as they were the last two seasons.

Reactions: dswartz
"Who that try to disguise he voice".

Some little tyke has many nics, but only one IP address.

Reminder we have a 31 point win over a team that is 10-2.
Iowa is 10-2 playing in arguably the worst offensive division in football history. PSUs measuring stick should be larger than Iowa.

Right on cue... when we lose, we suck. When we win, Big 10 sucks.
What’s amazing is that as soon as Franklin leaves, the Big will suddenly get really good according to some of these posters.

Solid play from everyone today. Allar was able to pick apart MSU's zone coverage, and that pretty much freed up the offense. Great to see that deep ball and hitting a receiver in stride. More please.

On defense we can see a culture forming. It is fun for them, and the energy level is palpable. Keeping Coach Diaz would be huge.

Going forward I could see Penn State becoming a destination for elite defensive players.

Yeah, when all is said and done, there probably are going to be two playoff teams that also played MSU this season, and PSU played them as well or better than Washington, Michigan or OSU.
Michigan beat MSU 49-0
OSU beat MSU 38-3
WASH beat MSU 41-7

I'm glad the Lions' last regular season game was a smackdown of Michigan State rather than a loss to UM or tOSU. Hopefully, it restores some confidence and swagger in Allar prior to the NY6 bowl game.

Iowa is 10-2 playing in arguably the worst offensive division in football history. PSUs measuring stick should be larger than Iowa.

Actually going to be interesting to see how duhO$U or scUM does against the Squawkeyes defense. They are the first team in modern college football history (since they've been keeping comprehensive stats) to record a winning record while having an Offense that is dead-last in D1A, let alone recording 10 wins! That tells you how well their defense has played - 10-2 with the worst offense in the nation!

So did Ja’Juan Seider make a case to be the next OC?

Obviously Franklin should go get the best available, but it seems like there could be a lot worse than promoting Seider, letting him keep coaching RBs, and promoting Danny O’Brien to QB coach.

Reactions: mcpat
Actually going to be interesting to see how duhO$U or scUM does against the Squawkeyes defense. They are the first team in modern college football history (since they've been keeping comprehensive stats) to record a winning record while having an Offense that is dead-last in D1A, let alone recording 10 wins! That tells you how well their defense has played - 10-2 with the worst offense in the nation!
Iowa’s qb looks like someone who just walked off the street to play. Unless their defense scores, I foresee a shutout. Regardless, it’s going to be a very poor match for a conference championship game, and is going to make the Big 10 look bad.

I don’t like Iowa and they play in a lousy division but Ferentz and Phil Parker can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I don’t care how bad their division is to go 10-2 with that offense is one helluva coaching job.

Franklin also said how there are very few programs in the country that have won 10 games back-to-back seasons and he's proud of what they accomplished. Notes there are still steps that need to be taken and is confident they'll take those steps.

Iowa will get murdered. They got to feast on an absolute garbage pile of Big West teams - teams we skull****ed

Reactions: dswartz
I don’t like Iowa and they play in a lousy division but Ferentz and Phil Parker can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. I don’t care how bad their division is to go 10-2 with that offense is one helluva coaching job.
Parker should get a huge raise. He’s single-handedly keeping that team from being NW

Reactions: Westcoast24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT